SWAN v. ALL-Star Is it worth the price diff?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nezy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. nezy

nezy DIS Veteran

I have 2 ressies booked-one at AS Sports the other was at the dolphin, but I was told I was being upgraded to the Swan in a better room.

My question is, is the price difference worth whatever you get at the Swan.
    It will be my DD and me-for 3 nights. We will be going to the Disney games concert, probably EPCOT amd DIS STUDIOS. I will have a car--but maybe I won't need it!

I know they are 2 totally different experinces, just wondering if it is worth the extra money(about $300 more for the total) to stay at Swan.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyag

disneyag DIS Veteran

They are different experiences. All Star has double beds, Swan has queen. All Star has exterior hallways, Swan has interior. All Star has Disney soaps, Swan doesn't. Swan probably has valet parking, I don't think All Star does. It all boils down to what's important to you on vacation.

4. mla1977

mla1977 I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o

I stayed at the Dolphin last year. It was great. We were there for a conference, but I truly loved the location.

Pros:

Location, location, location
    Deluxe resort
    Not as noisy as a value

Cons:

No ME service
    no DDP
    Don't think package can be sent back to room from parks.

I would stay there again!

5. Crazy Kanga

Crazy Kanga DIS Veteran

Yes!!! Definitely worth it!:thumbsup2

6. nezy

nezy DIS Veteran

Can you be more specific?
    Although I am sure I can figure a few things out, but what one or two things makes you say,"Yes I would spend the extra $."

7. mla1977

mla1977 I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o

The rooms are larger than all star, you can walk to Epcot and DHS, more dining choices...

8. jamaunt

jamaunt Mouseketeer

There really is no comparison. The Swan is far superior to the All Stars. The Swan is a deluxe hotel...AS more like a motel. We stayed at the Dolphin last year and absolutely loved everything about it. You can walk to both Studios and EPCOT. Some people say that it doesn't feel like you're staying at Disney when you're at the Swan/Dolphin but I STRONGLY disagree. I looked out of my window to see Spaceship Earth, the Boardwalk is right there, the Yacht/Beach Clubs are right there. It's a fabulous location and not overly crowded. Now if charging to your room using your room key is important to you, stay at the AS. We never minded carrying a separate credit card. You also can't get the Dining Plan.

9. geokeim

geokeim Mouseketeer

You didn't mention the specific price difference, but if it's less than $75-$100. per night, I believe it's worth it for the above reasons and more.
    (you may self park for $11 p/d or valet for $16.)
    You also pay $10 per night "resort fee", which is free internet access and two free bottles of large water in your room. (despite the tag on them that says they're $4 a bottle)
    Have fun!:thumbsup2