Swan or Dolphin?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Marthasor, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

I originally wanted to book the Dolphin, but our dates weren't available, so I booked the Swan. Lo and behold, I saw the Dolphin was available during a search today (at $58 less, to boot! buys us lunch!), so I switched my reservation. I toured the resorts on our last visit and Dolphin seemed more lively - loved the dining and shopping options! But I'm just wondering if I should have stuck with the Swan? Or maybe there isn't much of a difference?

I will be traveling alone with DS5, if that makes any difference. Thank you for your thoughts!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Not a significant difference in these two and they are so close that you can easily patronize the restaurants/lounges in the other.

4. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

5. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

Swan had queen beds, Dolphin has doubles.
    Dolphin is closer to the pool and has the "QS" type restaurant....Picabu (Swan does not have anything like it in their building).

6. rpcvpanama

rpcvpanama Mouseketeer

The Swan is a Westin and the Dolphin is a Sheraton if that makes a difference to you.

7. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

I think the biggest difference is the beds as PP mentioned. Possibly the views as well. More lagoon/theme park views from the Dolphin.

8. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Although I prefer the Swan, if I had never stayed at either, I'd go with the less expensive option.

9. ke3d98

ke3d98 Mouseketeer

My aunt and cousin enjoyed the swan but the dolphin is pretty much the same. Either or is good;)

10. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Unless a new discount comes out, I think I will stick with the Dolphin. Once I'm there if I discover I think I would like the Swan more, I'll book it for the next trip! :thumbsup2

I still can't believe I'm staying in the EP area for less than $200 per night and that's with tax!

11. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Swan in June because it was less expensive than the Dolphin. Staying at the Dolphin in May because it is less expensive than the Swan. Bottom line...they are similar enough that the less expensive option is the right one for me.