Swan or Dolphin?

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
I originally wanted to book the Dolphin, but our dates weren't available, so I booked the Swan. Lo and behold, I saw the Dolphin was available during a search today (at $58 less, to boot! buys us lunch!), so I switched my reservation. I toured the resorts on our last visit and Dolphin seemed more lively - loved the dining and shopping options! But I'm just wondering if I should have stuck with the Swan? Or maybe there isn't much of a difference?

I will be traveling alone with DS5, if that makes any difference. Thank you for your thoughts!

Not a significant difference in these two and they are so close that you can easily patronize the restaurants/lounges in the other.

Swan had queen beds, Dolphin has doubles.
Dolphin is closer to the pool and has the "QS" type restaurant....Picabu (Swan does not have anything like it in their building).

I think the biggest difference is the beds as PP mentioned. Possibly the views as well. More lagoon/theme park views from the Dolphin.

Although I prefer the Swan, if I had never stayed at either, I'd go with the less expensive option.

My aunt and cousin enjoyed the swan but the dolphin is pretty much the same. Either or is good;)

Thanks everyone! Unless a new discount comes out, I think I will stick with the Dolphin. Once I'm there if I discover I think I would like the Swan more, I'll book it for the next trip! :thumbsup2

I still can't believe I'm staying in the EP area for less than $200 per night and that's with tax!

We stayed at the Swan in June because it was less expensive than the Dolphin. Staying at the Dolphin in May because it is less expensive than the Swan. Bottom line...they are similar enough that the less expensive option is the right one for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter