Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Hi!

I will try to answer what I can :)

1) Can we have just a ceremony, cake, and dessert party, with NO formal reception?
Yes, Swan weddings are totally customizable. You CAN also have a dessert party, with the same options as DFTW brides, except you are not allowed to wear your wedding dress to the DP. We did ours the night before our wedding (which was perfect!), so the dress was a non-issue. You should know that the Swan has zero to do with planning your DP. You will contact Disney Catered Events to book this. I suggest booking as soon as possible (we booked right at 11 months, I believe). Also, some non-DFTW brides have been turned away if you call it a "wedding event." We simply called it a family gathering & it was a non-issue.

2) IF we can do a DP where is it allowed? Is epcot an option and is it private to just our guests? You are allowed the same locations as DFTW brides-Epcot, Grand Floridian, & Hollywood Studios. We had our at Epcot in the Lower France location & it was amazing. Just like DFTW brides though, locations at Epcot have a minimum guest count, that varies depending on the location you are interested in. When you contact Disney Catered Events, they will tell you what is available for your guest count and requested date.

3) IF we just want the ceremony, cake time and DP but want characters involved at some point to meet and greet with the kids and pictures, when would they be able to?
I believe you can have characters at your cake cutting after your ceremony (ours was at our reception). To book the characters, you will contact Disney Park & Event Sales.....or that's who we contacted.

4) What is the horse and carriage like? Or what bride transportation is available?
I don't know the answer to this question, but I do know that they contract with a local company that offers a variety of fancy transportation options. You would need to ask your planner which company they use.

5) Is an MK photo session not an option since it wouldn't be a wedding through DFTW?
I don't know this either, but I thought I read recently that they now opened it up to non-DFTW brides-someone else might know this.

6) Would anyone be willing to share their end budget if anyone has just had the ceremony and DP?
I had a Ceremony, formal reception, Dessert Party but it was back in 2011. I'm guessing prices have changed considerably since then.

Thank you so much for your above answers! So it sounds like we can still have our DP at epcot and I would want to contact Disney Catered events for that. Perfect thank you. We have 28 guests invited and it sounds like all are able to come. This isn't until 2017 though so right now I am just trying to get my ducks in a row. It also sounds like we can have characters no matter what so that is another plus thank you.

My only other big want/concern was, we really really really wanted the Magic Kingdom photo session in our wedding outfits, just myself and my fiancé and maybe if allowed our daughter as well. But I can't seem to find accurate info if it's allowed since we aren't going through DFTW? If anyone knows this please feel free to chime in :) :) thanks again for the info!!

How did you all begin the process? I was assuming I needed to start with Just Marry to start planning a date and the ceremony for at S&D, is that correct? I just haven't heard from anyone as of yet but then again it's only been about a day and it's Monday. Just eager to get things going and a price range. :)

How did you all begin the process? I was assuming I needed to start with Just Marry to start planning a date and the ceremony for at S&D, is that correct? I just haven't heard from anyone as of yet but then again it's only been about a day and it's Monday. Just eager to get things going and a price range. :)

I submitted a form to Just Marry last Tuesday and heard back Friday night. I would guess there would be a similar time frame to an email if that's how you got in contact with them.

Ok perfect thanks :)

Has anyone had a ceremony on the beach venue at S&D with a cake cutting? if so would anyone be willing give a round about of what the budget for that was/is? I'm curious to see if this is even an option for us, as I have been told it is but haven't found any sort've pricing. We need to stay well under 10k. I would even like to stay close to the 5k mark.. but not sure if that's even possible?? We won't be doing a reception just a ceremony and DP at epcot afterwards, so im hoping that will save us some money without the reception aspect...

I should add we are only inviting 28 of our closest friends/family, who are all planning to attend. So 28 guests in total.

i am having my ceremony at crescent terrace in april and it was around 2k for the site not including any extras but i believe it was the same price no matter where we held the ceremony

Ok perfect thanks :)

Has anyone had a ceremony on the beach venue at S&D with a cake cutting? if so would anyone be willing give a round about of what the budget for that was/is? I'm curious to see if this is even an option for us, as I have been told it is but haven't found any sort've pricing. We need to stay well under 10k. I would even like to stay close to the 5k mark.. but not sure if that's even possible?? We won't be doing a reception just a ceremony and DP at epcot afterwards, so im hoping that will save us some money without the reception aspect...

I don't have anything locked in stone yet, but I do have things in my cart on Just Marry's site. I'm planning on Crescent Lake this December and everything I chose comes in at $3725. That includes site, cake and champagne, some floral, officiant, solo violinist, and hair and makeup for me. Right now we're looking at 15 - 20 people so have the smaller cake and 2 bottles of champagne and 2 of sparkling cider.

You guys are awesome thanks! We really need to stay at 5k or under, which im hoping is do-able since we aren't doing a reception and from the sounds of it, it would be do-able :) Has anyone done the tea party as a reception instead of a formal meal reception? I read that some where on here quickly, I didn't really understand what it was or what it involved but i'm assuming it would be cheaper then a formal sit down reception? Any insight this tea party?

We are planning to try to host a dessert party in epcot after our ceremony, I know I can't wear my dress but I read you have to be staying on site to host a private DP at epcot? Is this true, where I read that was dated years and years ago so I was not sure if this was still true or not. We aren't staying onsite so that will be disappointing if we cant have that option after all :(

Again so glad I found this thread, thanks for all the insight all!!

Im a bit confused I see the venue fees around 2k, but what is the price for the actual intimate package or celebration package? OR is that what site fee covers.. which I am probably wrong just a bit confused how to read it because I cant find pricing under the actual packages? I'm leaning towards the intimate option..

Im a bit confused I see the venue fees around 2k, but what is the price for the actual intimate package or celebration package? OR is that what site fee covers.. which I am probably wrong just a bit confused how to read it because I cant find pricing under the actual packages? I'm leaning towards the intimate option..
The 2k im paying is for the site, the setup of chairs and tables and day of coordination. We are having the reception at blue zoo immediately following the ceremony for an additional cost. I'm using my own Florist minister photography videoGrapher and Harpist we found it cheaper to hire our own.

You guys are awesome thanks! We really need to stay at 5k or under, which im hoping is do-able since we aren't doing a reception and from the sounds of it, it would be do-able :) Has anyone done the tea party as a reception instead of a formal meal reception? I read that some where on here quickly, I didn't really understand what it was or what it involved but i'm assuming it would be cheaper then a formal sit down reception? Any insight this tea party?

We are planning to try to host a dessert party in epcot after our ceremony, I know I can't wear my dress but I read you have to be staying on site to host a private DP at epcot? Is this true, where I read that was dated years and years ago so I was not sure if this was still true or not. We aren't staying onsite so that will be disappointing if we cant have that option after all :(

Again so glad I found this thread, thanks for all the insight all!!

They may not give you a hard time about staying onsite. We were staying at the Swan during that part of our stay & they didn't seem to care. I"m not sure they knew of our onsite plans after that night. Do you have any guests who are staying on-site? You might be able to have them "sponsor" you for your DP.

They may not give you a hard time about staying onsite. We were staying at the Swan during that part of our stay & they didn't seem to care. I"m not sure they knew of our onsite plans after that night. Do you have any guests who are staying on-site? You might be able to have them "sponsor" you for your DP.

No we are all off site in two spread out 7bd villas. So there will be no onsite that trip which is a first ever but works best for us in this particular trip. I am finding mixed feed back on if we will be able to have the DP or not. We will be staying 1 night at GF overnight on our wedding night, just my fiancé and I, but that is it.

Im curious to hear from some s&d brides that have had their reception at bluezoo. We are and were planning on nix having a reception and just do a ceremony and epcot dessert party afterwards BUT bluezoo has caught my eye and would be convenient. Im just not sure a reception falls into our budget period though. I looked them up and it says about $52 per person for the most simple menu option for a private party. We have 28 guests plus the two of us so that makes $1560 total for 30 people for a private reception dinner? Can someone give any insight on this pricing and how it was for your experience and any pictures are always nice also :)

No we are all off site in two spread out 7bd villas. So there will be no onsite that trip which is a first ever but works best for us in this particular trip. I am finding mixed feed back on if we will be able to have the DP or not. We will be staying 1 night at GF overnight on our wedding night, just my fiancé and I, but that is it.

I would give it a try & call them at the 12 month mark. If you have your reservation number for the one night at the GF, that might e enough for them (even though you are staying at GF on a different night-that's similar to our scenario.

my wedding isnt until april - but we are having the reception right after the ceremony at bluezoo (need to be out by 1) there is no venue fee but there was a 3500 min (but you can include the alcohol and servers) - there was no set number of guests but they said average $75.00 a person, we did make adjustments to their buffet menu and our per person price did come down.

We got our ceremony date and time approved yesterday! The vow renewal will be at Crescent Terrace on 12/5 at 3:00! We'll be talking to Jennifer with Just Marry tomorrow about what we want and figuring out the details for the contract. I'm leaning towards taking the cake out of the package and going with It's Tasty Too based on recommendations here, but not sure on much else. Since we have more freedom in the guest count now we're also talking about not limiting it to family and including friends. If we do, then I think we're going to do a dinner at Cape May Cafe for the family after the ceremony and the Jelly Rolls with friends (and any family that wants to head over there).
'

Jennifer is our JM planner and has been great to work with - she is very fast in getting back to you, she has even responded at 8pm :) good luck

I have our date and time approved for our wedding at Crescent Terrace and I'm getting ready to put down the deposit. My biggest fear is rain. Has anyone had to use the indoor rain backup?

We are using JustMarry because it seems from the Swan Dolphin website that is the only option. I wanted a Disney wedding but Disney won't do a character appearance for a memories package. But without having guests or wanting anything elaborate, the Escape collection is way more than we would need. So, we turned to the Swan wedding to solve this. For the Swan wedding I am getting officiant, venue, and photographer and it's $2600ish. Mickey and Minnie will be $1450ish for 30 minutes. I was surprised that Disney agreed to send them for such a small affair when they won't even do that for their own small weddings. There is obviously something I don't understand there but oh well. We are staying at the Boardwalk so Crescent Terrace will be very convenient. It will be just the 2 of us plus Mickey and Minnie.

Do they have several different photographers they use? I'm most concerned about the photos. When you pay this much for a 2 person wedding it's kind of all about the photos. We don't care at all about any photos that don't have Mickey and Minnie in them and they will only be there 30 minutes. I want to make sure to get good photos. Can you look at the portfolios of the photographers and choose or do they choose for you? Does it take any special skill to photograph weddings with characters?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!