Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

I am now looking in to changing my venue. I live in Orlando and was planning on having my ceremony at the local botanical garden. My biggest issue is transportation from the ceremony (Downtown Orlando) to my reception dinner (Shula's). I really want this as uncomplicated as possible so having my ceremony at the S/D seems to be a no brainer. The reason I hesitated at first was because I really want something private. I'm not sure I like the idea of people looking out their windows and seeing my ceremony. Perhaps I should just get over it. LOL

So what exactly is the basic package? Can I customize etc.

Thanks
Sharon :)

Hi Sharon
I am having my VR at the Swan in May (my PJ is in my siggie, if you want to take a peek). I won't bore everybody with specifics on pricing, but if you want a breakdown of what I am getting in my package from the Swan and how much it is, feel free to PM me and I will send you the details.
As for the privicy thing, I am having my ceremony at the West Courtyard, which will be closed off during our ceremony, so only those attending the VR will be at the Courtyard. I am sure that if people want to peek through windows and watch, they could. That doesn't bother me though. I think it is probably difficult to have an outdoor ceremony on Disney property and not have a few passers-by steel a curious look!!
As for customizing the package, this is totally possible. I have a very basic package with the Swan and have researched and booked my own photographer, florist, cake, musician and officiant.
Karen, my planner from JustMarry has been an angel. She has helped me no end with my research and guided me through all the enquiries and booking proceedures and will also be co-ordinating on the day itself. I cannot praise her high enough so far!!!
Feel free to ask me any other questions and I hope you have a wonderful day whatever you decide!!

Just bumping this to see how everyone is getting on with their swan weddings. We are booked in for May so it is coming along fine.

Just need to pick flowers and music.

It is nice to see someone posting on this thread - I was beginning to think I was the only S/D bride out there (well, I know there's Minniebride in December).
What date in May are you? Our VR is 4th. Do you have a PJ - I would love to read it!! We are really getting sorted now. Everything is booked (including 11 days worth of ADRs, ladies tea-party and welcome dinner). Flowers are sorted and so is musician (although actual music is yet to be decided). My plan in the next couple of weeks is to obtain some sample ceremonies from Rev Tim.
Please let me know about all of your plans - us S/D brides must stick together :goodvibes

Hi Tinkerbell,

I'm actually the groom not the bride, so I've been left to arrange everything.

Our wedding is on the 5th at the fountain. Only 14 of us so I thought this would be the best location and we are not bothered about people watching from their balconies.

I've arranged most things through Just Marry. Our reception is at Shulas then we are going to illuminations at epcot as we have booked the uk pavillion.

I still have a lot to do. I have booked a photographer and Videographer, hair and make-up. We have a limo booked for transport of bride etc. Still need to choose cake, flowers and ceremony music but I will leave that to the bride.

Menu picked at Shulas. Reception will be a simple meal with speeches beforehand. Hotel room booked at the Dolphin.

The one thing I have forgot about is the officiant. So I need to look at options for that. We are not religious so I will discuss with Just Marry.

Looking forward to it as we will have 2 weeks in Orlando then a weeks cruise.

Another Swan bride here!!!! :cool1: We are getting married in December, 2011 at Crescent Terrace, Cocktail Hour at the fountain courtyard, and a lunch reception in one of the Swan ballrooms. We are doing plated meals that will come to around $53/pp. Planning a welcome DP the night before at Epcot & I'm so excited for everything!!

We are going through Just Marry and we couldn't be happier with our planner (Karen) and the Swan caterer (Robyn)!

If you have any questions, ask away!:goodvibes

Hi Tinkerbell,

I'm actually the groom not the bride, so I've been left to arrange everything.

Our wedding is on the 5th at the fountain. Only 14 of us so I thought this would be the best location and we are not bothered about people watching from their balconies.

I've arranged most things through Just Marry. Our reception is at Shulas then we are going to illuminations at epcot as we have booked the uk pavillion.

I still have a lot to do. I have booked a photographer and Videographer, hair and make-up. We have a limo booked for transport of bride etc. Still need to choose cake, flowers and ceremony music but I will leave that to the bride.

Menu picked at Shulas. Reception will be a simple meal with speeches beforehand. Hotel room booked at the Dolphin.

The one thing I have forgot about is the officiant. So I need to look at options for that. We are not religious so I will discuss with Just Marry.

Looking forward to it as we will have 2 weeks in Orlando then a weeks cruise.

irishthemeparkfan - oops sorry - it is really nice to have a groom on these boards as we don't get too many of them on here!!!
It all sounds wonderful!! Your ceremony is the day after ours in the same location!! What time is it? I may just have to stalk :rolleyes1. Who is your photographer? Are you having a musician? We are having a harpist. Who is doing hair and make-up? Gosh I am really nosey!!!
I considered an Illuminations DP but refused to take off my gown to do it, so that went out of the window!!! I am still on the fence about a Wishes DP at Sago Cay. Our reception is at Citricos, and I know that after dinner we can just wander down to the Marina and watch the fireworks, with piped in music, for free. Thus, I am having a hard time justifying shelling out over $1000.00 for a DP...... we'll see.
I would love to know more of your plans, so please keep posting - why not start a PJ? You would certainly have one avid reader here!!!:thumbsup2
Minniebride - great to hear from you!! How is it all going?
Are either of you having gowns steamed and if so, are you doing this through JM? How much was it? I am considering using Carolyn Allen but didn't know whether it would be cheaper with somebody else.

Our ceremony is at 3pm, then our reception at 5-730pm. We need to make it over to epcot for 830pm.

We are getting a violinist in, as I used to play it so that's why we favoured. Our photographer is Randy Chapman, and make up and hair is with beaute speciale.

We are getting a bentley limo for the bride as she has always seemed fascinated with Bentleys. I'm just driving to the hotel early to get the room sorted out.

I haven't got my suits sorted out. Some of the prices seem a bit dear. Who did you use?

Haven't thought about steaming gowns. Suppose if the dress arrives in a crumpled mess I will need to sort that out.

We have two villas booked south of animal kingdom.

We are not having welcome dinners or anything. The only preparation before the wedding will be to drive to the swan on the Monday to check everything out.

I'm also having my stag night over there on the Sunday night as I all my close friends are going.

That all sounds really great!!
We have Randy too!! Isn't he great!! He is doing a 'first look' with us at Bay Lake Tower (where we are staying), then photos at the Swan and Boardwalk before the ceremony and at the GF after the ceremony. He will then join us for dinner at Citricos as our guest. We are also doing a Trash the Dress session with him on Monday 9th. Can't wait!!
We are going with the bog-standard limo for transport. My 10 year old son has always wanted to ride in one and they are a bit less popular over here in the UK so a bit of a novelty for him!!
Is your wife-to-be changing out of her gown for the DP at Epcot then?
As for suits, we are just having the men wear standard matching black suits which we will bring from the UK with us. We are dressing them up with ties to match my daughter's MOH dress.
I may have to have a sneeky peak at your wedding!!

Yes,
she is changing out of her dress to a less formal dress. She seems happy enough to do that. I'm also getting out of my suit.

I will need to ring a few suit places to get a decent price as I'm getting quoted too high. Could buy a suit over here for what I'm getting quoted.

Are you going to some of the parks? We have the 6 park flexiticket, plus discovery cover, kennedy space centre, and we will just pay at the gate for epcot and magic kingdom.

Yup we are doing the parks!! Our first five days we are staying at BLT and that takes us through all the VR events and then we are moving to PORS for 5 days. We have a 14 day ultimate ticket but will only do Disney this trip. We are in the fortunate position of being DVC owners and go over most years. We did SeaWorld and Universal last year and don't really feel the need this year (although I would quite like to see Harry Potter). Haven't done Discovery Cove yet though, so perhaps we can fit that in somewhere this year or next.

Can anyone tell me the base cost of a swan wedding, assuming it would be on the beach outside, and officiant, chairs,cake and champagne ?

I really cannot help as far as the beach wedding is concerned as my VR is at the West Courtyard at the Swan. I have posted what I have in my package below (I have arranged the officiant myself - he is charging $200.00)

Exclusive reservation of the West Courtyard for the ceremony including chairs set up etc
The services of a professional co-ordinator to book package services, liase with vendors and co-ordinate the ceremony
A water station set up at the ceremony site
A guarateed indoor rain back-up (if needed)
The use of a hospitality suite on the day of the ceremony (if requested and if one is available)
Two bottles of chilled champagne for toasting
One bottle of chilled sparkling cider for toasting
Five bottles of orange juice
The services of two Swan servers to uncork and pour drinks and cut and serve the cake (all plates and silverware included)

This package (the elements of which I have cherry picked for myself) is costing $1882.57.

I have arranged my own florist, cake, transport, musician and officiant. Randy Chapman is doing my photography.
I have to say, that although I have done a lot of research and booking of vendors myself, my planner (Karen) from JustMarry has been brilliant!!! She is very quick at answering e-mails and has been advising and helping me all the way (even with my outside vendors). She will be there to see me through to the big day itself. I honestly cannot fault the service I have had from her so far!!
I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!!
Give Just Marry a call (or e-mail) - I am sure they will be happy to price out the beach option for you!!

I just signed my contract for September 25, 2011 and I'm so excited! Here's the list of prices.

The Swan’s base site fee of $1,595 (inclusive of tax) includes the exclusive ceremony site reservation, the services of a professional coordinator (to book your package services, liaise with vendors, and coordinate the ceremony), seating for your guests, a guaranteed indoor rain backup (if needed), a water station set up at the ceremony site, and the use of a hospitality suite on the day of the wedding (if available).

Enhancements:

OFFICIANT, $150

FLORAL/DÉCOR (all floral used in the ceremony can be repurposed for your reception as centerpieces or other table arrangements):
Bride’s bouquet (ranges from $100 up depending upon floral desired)
Grooms’ boutonniere (ranges from $8.95 up depending on floral and accent desired)
Additional boutonnieres (range from $8.95 up depending on floral and accent desired)
Bridesmaid bouquets (range from $55 up depending on floral desired)
Mother’s corsages (range from $19 up depending on floral desired)
Flower girl baskets with fresh petals, $40 each
Flower girl halos, $50 each
Flower girl pomander balls, $60 each
Swan arch rental, $100
Large floral center spray for the Swan arch (starts at $150 depending on floral desired)
Two smaller sprays for the Swan arch (start at $95 each, depending on the floral desired)
Two pedestals, rented, $35 per pair
Two arrangements to top the pedestals (start at $150 each, depending on the floral desired)
Ceremony aisle chair floral (range from $30 each depending on floral, size and design)
Standard white or ivory aisle runner, $40
Fresh rose petals for the aisle from $50 for moderate coverage
Unity candle with stand rental OR Sand Ceremony kit and fresh floral, $100
Reception centerpieces, (range from $60 up depending on floral and style)
DELIVERY AND SETUP FEES DETERMINED BY ORDER ($25 and up)

PHOTOGRAPHY (all packages include the photographer’s time and in-studio editing of the photos):
a. One-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $495
b. One-hour package with a CD ONLY, $395
c. Two-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $695
d. Two-hour package with a CD ONLY, $595
e. Three-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $895
f. Three-hour package with a CD ONLY, $795
g. Four-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $995
h. Four-hour package with a CD ONLY, $895

VIDEOGRAPHY (all packages include the videographer’s time, in-studio editing of the footage set to music of your choosing, and one copy of the edited wedding DVD):

- One hour, $375
- Two hours, $575
- Three hours, $700
- Four hours, $825

MUSICIANS:
- Solo violinist or flautist: $225 for one hour
- Solo guitarist or keyboardist: $350 for one hour
- Solo harpist: $400 for one hour
- Solo steel drummer: $495 for one hour
- DJ services: $1,100 for four hours
- Other musicians can be priced out as requested

WEDDING CAKE (below are descriptions of the Swan’s three standard options, photos attached…but we can price out custom cakes, as well):
Classic Harmony Cake: White sponge cake with Swiss white chocolate mousse filling and fresh strawberries with white buttercream frosting.
Chocolate Dream Cake (Chocolate Flower Topper is available for $25 upgrade): Chocolate Lady Finger sponge cake, chocolate mousse layers with dark chocolate velvet frosting.
Exotic Orange Cake (May be ordered in any colors EXCEPT dark colors): Orange sponge cake soaked in orange zest, layered exotic mousse (passion fruit and mango) and colored fondant frosting.
- Intimate Two-tier to serve up to 19 guests, $139.19 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)
- Medium Two-tier to serve up to 29 guests, $261.99 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)
- Large Three-tier to serve up to 45 guests, $425.74 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)

HAIR AND MAKEUP STYLING SERVICES (provided on-site at your location):
a. Hair and Makeup for the Bride on the wedding day, $215
b. Trial Run for Bride’s Hair and Makeup, $95
c. Hair and Makeup for Additional persons on the wedding day, $175 each
d. Hair OR Makeup for Additional persons on the wedding day, $110 each
e. Flower girl’s hair, $40
f. False eyelashes, $15
g. Eyebrow shaping, $15
h. Airbrushed makeup, $45 additional
i. Nail polish change, $20
j. Flat travel fee of $25

WARDROBE SERVICES (provided at your location):
a. Bridal gown steaming with free veil steaming, $95 and up depending upon gown style and fabric
b. Tuxedo rentals (includes on-site fittings, delivery and pickup), $140 each

From what I understand, it does not matter which of the 4 locations you choose, it will be the same price. We opted for the West Courtyard!

Thank you so much KristiandBrian!!
This is a very helpful post!!
Welcome, it is lovely to have another S & D couple posting as we are few and far between on these boards!!
It would be great, if you have the time, if you could do a PJ (or a least a post) to tell us about your plans. Always eager to hear S & D plans!!!
Just to clarify (for other potential S & D couples) - the prices quoted here are an estimate of what you will pay if you go through JM/S & D for everything. You can, however, cherry pick the services you require from JM (the base price quoted being the minimum you will have to have through them).
As I said before, I reserched and booked my own photographer, officiant, musician, cake, hair and make-up and reception. I initially reserched my own florist, but ran into some problems, so Karen (my planner) stepped in and found me somebody else who I am, so far, thrilled with. Karen has been equally helpful whether we are discussing one of her vendors or one I have chosen.
I am really happy with the way things are going with my VR planning and I never seem to have the problems that some DFTW brides have with lack of contact from their planner. Karen always answers e-mails extremely quickly!!

We are using Karen as well, and she is wonderful!!

Our wedding is September 25, 2011. We are doing the ceremony, officiant, flowers, musician, cake, and my hair and makeup with this package. One of Brian's best friends is a photographer, so he is coming along to do the pics!

I'm absolutely amazed and how much we are saving doing the S&D wedding as compared to a wedding here, in Baton Rouge. Annnnnd...who doesn't want to get married in Disney???

It's nice to meet you all! I'm sure you'll see many posts by me, especially as the time gets closer! I'll have lots of questions, I'm sure of it!

Well, we will try to answer any questions if we can!!
Feel free to cheeck out my PJ (link in my signature) to see what I am up to!!

This post is so helpful, thanks so much! I love the breakdown of all of the prices. We are doing an SD VR in May 2012 and I've just started talking to Karen via email. I love hearing other people's plans. We're looking into citricos and ll mulino (not sure if I spelled that right) for dinner after. I love that you can still get a Disney wedding for under $10,000 if you're willing to do a little of the work yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter