Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Hey ladies! So I know its kind of unorthodox for the groom to post(hold off on the torches and pitch forks. I promise I won't give away your secrets ;) :rotfl2:) but my wife isn't into the whole message board thing. We're looking into getting married(although, I think it might qualify more as a vow renewal since we did the JoP in May) in October 2013 at the Swolphin. There will be upwards of 30 people attending and DFTW was just too expensive! I dunno how I managed to convince her to do a WDW wedding but I'm not complaining! :thumbsup2 I've been lurking around the wedding boards for awhile and ya'll have given us some great ideas. We're still VERY early in the planning stages and probably won't book a date until Jan/Feb. We'll be hiring an outside photographer and we're still debating on whether to do professional video or not. She wants minimal flowers. I'm definitely glad to see the chairs are included! That was a huge expense when we were planning it for a different location. Anyways, I'll go back to lurking away now. ;)

-Brett

Hey ladies! So I know its kind of unorthodox for the groom to post(hold off on the torches and pitch forks. I promise I won't give away your secrets ;) :rotfl2:) but my wife isn't into the whole message board thing. We're looking into getting married(although, I think it might qualify more as a vow renewal since we did the JoP in May) in October 2013 at the Swolphin. There will be upwards of 30 people attending and DFTW was just too expensive! I dunno how I managed to convince her to do a WDW wedding but I'm not complaining! :thumbsup2 I've been lurking around the wedding boards for awhile and ya'll have given us some great ideas. We're still VERY early in the planning stages and probably won't book a date until Jan/Feb. We'll be hiring an outside photographer and we're still debating on whether to do professional video or not. She wants minimal flowers. I'm definitely glad to see the chairs are included! That was a huge expense when we were planning it for a different location. Anyways, I'll go back to lurking away now. ;)

-Brett

Welcome Brett! It is okay for you to post here, we don't mind. We just booked our date for September 2013 last month, and are in the early stages. Yeah, I went for a visit a few weeks ago, and I made sure to ask about the chairs. I didn't want that extra expense to be sneak up on me.

Glad to have you here!

Thanks! I'll probably join the Facebook group(s) when I have more to contribute to the discussion. When we get back from our November visit, perhaps I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

A lot of you have mentioned cake vendors. Is that something that the restaurants or the hotel kitchens will provide? I presume if I ordered a cake from an outside vendor, bluezoo wouldn't store it in their kitchen to serve after dinner. For those of you who ordered cakes elsewhere, when and where did you serve them?
The S/D will make a cake for you, and they are gorgeous but ridiculously pricey. Most of us use It's Tasty Too, an affordable, delicious, and gorgeous bakery in Orlando!

Shannon, who got married Friday, served her cake right after the ceremony. I am serving mine at our reception that we're holding at the Garden Grove. Many of us do it at the reception or right after the ceremony.

-Brett
Welcome Brett!! It's always fun to have some testosterone around here! Feel free to jump on in and join our FB groups!

The S/D will make a cake for you, and they are gorgeous but ridiculously pricey. Most of us use It's Tasty Too, an affordable, delicious, and gorgeous bakery in Orlando!

Shannon, who got married Friday, served her cake right after the ceremony. I am serving mine at our reception that we're holding at the Garden Grove. Many of us do it at the reception or right after the ceremony.

Very interesting. I'm not even sure I want a cake (I know my partner doesn't care at all), but it's good to know that there are more options than I thought.

I'd also love to hear about any other gatherings outside of the ceremony and reception that y'all may have hosted. We'd like to do some kind of get-together after the rehearsal (maybe an Epcot fireworks party?) and/or a brunch the day after. Did any of you do anything like that, or some other totally cool thing that I may not have thought of?

Welcome Brett! It is okay for you to post here, we don't mind. We just booked our date for September 2013 last month, and are in the early stages. Yeah, I went for a visit a few weeks ago, and I made sure to ask about the chairs. I didn't want that extra expense to be sneak up on me.

Glad to have you here!

Welcome Brett!! It's always fun to have some testosterone around here! Feel free to jump on in and join our FB groups!

Thanks ladies!
Awesome :) We've got to budget a couple trips to check things out before the wedding. That's gonna be the tough part. Airfare is EXPENSIVE from Vegas!

I'll definitely check out the FB group.

Very interesting. I'm not even sure I want a cake (I know my partner doesn't care at all), but it's good to know that there are more options than I thought.

I'd also love to hear about any other gatherings outside of the ceremony and reception that y'all may have hosted. We'd like to do some kind of get-together after the rehearsal (maybe an Epcot fireworks party?) and/or a brunch the day after. Did any of you do anything like that, or some other totally cool thing that I may not have thought of?
We are doing a wagon ride at Ft. Wilderness after our rehearsal to watch the fireworks. We're renting the entire wagon ($300 something) for the bridal party and immediate family.

As far as brunch, we are just hosting it at our 2 BR Villa at The BW. We wanted to keep it casual!

A DP is a great option but is a little pricey. Teresa had hers for an affordable price and she had a good selection (I was there!).

You could also do a fireworks cruise, depending on your guest count.

Brunch in a villa at the Boardwalk is exactly what I was thinking. I'll have to see if we can pull off renting enough points for that.

Hi sweetie
We did a welcome dinner (at Turf Club Grill), a gent's 'Golf and Grub' lunch event, ladies' afternoon tea (at the Garden View Tearoom at the GF) and a 'Morning After Breakfast' at the Kona Cafe.
HTH

Oh dear, no I didn't, sorry sweetie!!!! Do you want to try to resend it?

Hi sweetie
We did a welcome dinner (at Turf Club Grill), a gent's 'Golf and Grub' lunch event, ladies' afternoon tea (at the Garden View Tearoom at the GF) and a 'Morning After Breakfast' at the Kona Cafe.
HTH

It does indeed help. You've given me a lot of ideas. With a party of 20, I don't know that Kona could accommodate us, but maybe if doing brunch in a villa doesn't work out, we could sit down at Kouzzina. Also, a golf outing for the guys is something that my partner would really enjoy.

It does indeed help. You've given me a lot of ideas. With a party of 20, I don't know that Kona could accommodate us, but maybe if doing brunch in a villa doesn't work out, we could sit down at Kouzzina. Also, a golf outing for the guys is something that my partner would really enjoy.

Melissa, Hi! Just wanted to share that we had our rehearsal dinner with 18 people at Kona and they were very accommodating. Our waiter and the managers on duty were very attentive to our group throughout the meal. I spoke to a manager months in advance to make sure we could all be seated together. It was great and I wish we could do it again!

Melissa, Hi! Just wanted to share that we had our rehearsal dinner with 18 people at Kona and they were very accommodating. Our waiter and the managers on duty were very attentive to our group throughout the meal. I spoke to a manager months in advance to make sure we could all be seated together. It was great and I wish we could do it again!

Wow, cool! I had no idea they could take a group that large at Kona. I'm already learning so much here. :)

I think these forums are going to be a bad influence! :rotfl2:
First I read Jilian's planning journal and wanted a Disney Cruise wedding - now I'm reading Teresa's journal and want a Swalphin wedding!
Argh!
I just emailed justmarry for some info.
:cheer2:

First I read Jilian's planning journal and wanted a Disney Cruise wedding - now I'm reading Teresa's journal and want a Swalphin wedding!
Argh!
Very cool! Honestly, you'll find that we all believe that if you're looking for a Disney wedding that going the Swalphin route is the only option! :thumbsup2

Let us know if we can help!

Argh!

It's funny you say that because I went from DFTW to Disney Cruise and couldnt be happier now that I have chosen to go with the Swan for my wedding!!! :dancer:

Arr my sweet girls, I am sure you will not regret having a S/D wedding!!!! I don't think there is anybody currently posting here who does not think they made the right decision xxxx

Hey girls! I have been reading a lot of yalls post. It has been very helpful. I am just now starting to plan my S&D wedding. I am planning for my wedding around Jan. 6 2014. So I have a while to plan and pay things off. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!