Swan/Dolphin vs. Beach Club

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
Naturally, I prefer the Beach Club for Storm Along Bay, but I may have to go with Swan/Dolphin for price considerations. Here are a few questions........

Can you walk to MGM/Epcot from the Swan/Dophin? Can you wheel a stroller onto the boats?

What are the pools like at Swan/Dolphin?

Does the "Nurse's Rate" at S/D apply for registered LPN's?

What is the expected price range for Swan/Dolphin in Oct. 19-26? I have DC and my mom (going with me) is a LPN.

What is the expected price range for Beach Club in Oct. 19-26. I have DC. I would be willing to get AP's if discount is right.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!!!!!!! I'm going crazy

The nurse rate at the Swan/Dolphin is $139 plus tax, subject to availability. I believe an LPN would qualify.

You can walk to both Epcot and MGM, and the boats can accommodate strollers.

I've stayed at the S/D 5 times and still haven't used the pools! The grotto pool is HUGE! There are several hot tubs and lap pools available as well.

Just about anything you want to know about the Swan/Dolphin can be found in these two threads:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169829

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152887

I know nothing about the Beach Club - so I can't help you there.

I like Swan and Dolphin better than Beach Club in many ways. Beach Club is very convenient for EPCOT but a very long walk from the Studios. Cape May is good buffet food, but your other in hotel restaurant choices are pretty limited. Swan and Dolphin share a boat dock between the two hotels, this is the same boat that stops at Yacht/Beach and Boardwalk going between EPCOT and the Studios. You can roll your stroller onto the boat. They ask you park it in the back right of the boat, there is an open area there. We have been allowed to leave our sleeping ones in the stroller. We also have taken the stroller on the open back area of the boat, you just must keep it clear of the arc yellow line where the doors open.

Swan and Dolphin have many restaurant choices including buffet, sit down dining, cafeteria, and counter service; Character and non-Character meals. The resort is about 1/2 way in between the two parks, usually a 10 minute walk to either place. The resort is usually quieter than the Disney properties, although anyone can have noisy neighbors anywhere. For these reasons we keep going back...

Thank you so much for the info....I'm going through the FAQ's now (actually most of the day....so much stuff), but your post really helped tremendously. It was stuff I hadn't read yet......THANKS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter