Swan/Dolphin included in Free Dining?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DanenRox, May 8, 2013.

1. DanenRox

DanenRox Disney Junkies DVC Gold

Are the Swan and Dolphin hotels part of the Free Dining offer for September? If so, are they considered a Moderate/Deluxe? Wondering.:3dglasses

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, the Swan and Dolphin do not participate in the Disney Dining Plans and therefore aren't included in free dining.

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Echoing the PP. As the Swan & Dolphin are not Disney resorts, you are not allowed to get the dining plan there, free or otherwise.

5. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Because the S/D are not owned by Disney, they aren't allowed to participate in some of the perks the other, Disney owned, resorts can. Such as....DME and the dining plan, free or paid for, or charging back to your room in the parks.
    But, I love the Dolphin. If I can get a good rate there, that's where I like to go if no DVC villas are available!!!
    They are more of a deluxe resort vs a moderate. Actually tend to be more deluxe than the Disney deluxes in my opinion!!!

6. gayles

gayles DIS Veteran

At S/D can you have the Perk of staying late at Park >?

7. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Yes, Swan/Dolphin is eligible for EMH. They do not get Magical Express from the airport.

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

The dining plan itself is available only to guests of Disney-operated resorts. That lets out Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green, the Bonnet Creek area hotels, as none of them are operated by Disney, although they are technically on Disney property.

At the Swan/Dolphin you do have the option of using Extra Magic Hours and the Disney bus/boat transportation to the parks. They are not participants for the Magical Express transport to/from the airport, or charging to your room from the parks (at S/D you may charge to your room only at the S/D themselves) .