Swan/ Dolphin discounts Xmas week

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Boardwalk Tigger, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Boardwalk Tigger

Boardwalk Tigger DIS Veteran

Did anyone get a discount yet for Christmas week at the Swan or Dolphin? We are going just after Christmas and no discounts when we called. Isn't this unusual? Thanks

2. jjskribs

jjskribs <font color=purple>The TF is not a baseball fan, s

I have a $149.00 government rate for Dec. 27 - 30. I booked it through the Swan/Dolphin website on Christmas Eve. We decided to stay an extra night and when I went back to the website 2 days later the discount had disappeared. I am still hopeful that I will be able to add on one more night at the discount rate. I guess at this point that I am lucky to have the discount for at least 4 nights.

3. TammyC

TammyC DIS Veteran

It seems like they had some last year that came out later (in the summer). We were there the first week of December and they were not valid then. I thought it was odd that they would have discounts during the busy holiday time but not during the (supposedly slow) first week. Keep watching!

4. Connears

Connears Connears

I used teacher's discount for CL at Swan 12/27-1/02/04. It was the only discount on property because the WDW resorts had a discount only if check in was by 12/24 and no discounts for the holiday week. We loved the Swan ..$149 for regular room with teacher's rate but we upgraded to CL and really enjoyed it($214). We booked in September thru Your Magical Journeys.
    Connears

5. Boardwalk Tigger

Boardwalk Tigger DIS Veteran

no discounts yet:(

6. mackathy

mackathy Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Dolphin last year between 12/20 and 12/27 and paid $99.00 per night between 12/20 and 12/24. We paid $129.00 per night 12/24 to 12/27 with a nurses discount.

The $99.00/night rate came out late - maybe toward the beginning/middle of December and was only out for a short time. I learned about it on these boards.

We loved the Dolphin - I think the Swan was also available at these or slightly higher rates. Remember to add on the $10.00 resort fee that the Swan and Dolphin charge when budgeting for your hotel.

The Swan/Dolphin location is wonderful and those "heavenly beds" are truly heavenly!

Have fun!