SW & SD Zoo, which day for which park?

Cptnkirky

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We are going to SD May 24-28. We plan to go to SW and the Zoo. We want to do one park on Thur 5/25 and one on Sat 5/27. We are not sure which is better to do on Sat... is one less crowded then the other on the weekends? Not sure if locals are more likely to go to one or the other on the weekends. Also, it is Memorial day weekend, so not sure if that makes a difference out there or not. Please help us decide?? I was thinking Zoo on Thur and SW on Sat, but can do what makes most sense. We can also do them Thur Fri and have off day Sat, just didn't want to overload us after 3 full days in Disney Sun-Tues.
TIA!!

The zoo has fewer lines to stand in overall (mostly just the pandas), so I'd consider it for Saturday over Sea World, which has a half-dozen rides/attractions that can have long lines during busy days. As always, get there early!

One thing I always accidentally run into at SW: racing over to a ride at opening and finding out it opens an hour or more after park opening. :headache: I've seen it even in mid-July!

PHXscuba

The zoo has fewer lines to stand in overall (mostly just the pandas), so I'd consider it for Saturday over Sea World, which has a half-dozen rides/attractions that can have long lines during busy days. As always, get there early!

One thing I always accidentally run into at SW: racing over to a ride at opening and finding out it opens an hour or more after park opening. :headache: I've seen it even in mid-July!

PHXscuba

Good point!!!

Just know that the zoo is immense and involves a TON of walking with hills. Wear comfy clothes, good shoes, and make sure you hydrate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter