SW question

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by stormer, Aug 2, 2010.

1. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

I just want to make sure I uderstand this. If I purchase SW early bird check in for my family ($10 per ticket) I do not have to check in on my computer to make sure I get an "A". Is this right or do I still check in, just 36 hours early instead of 24 hours early? If I don't have to check in at all, I may purchase it for the trip home. I want to be sure I understand it hough.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. distrack

distrack Earning My Ears

You are correct. With EBCI SW will check you in automatically at 36 hours before your flight. You dont have to do anything. At 24 hours before your flight you can go online and do the checkin and see what boarding position you were given by EBCI and you can also print you boarding passes

4. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

You are NOT guaranteed an A seat. They will however check you in at 36 hours instead of general public at 24.
    You do not have to be at a computer until you want to print out your boarding pass. SO much easier than having to be somewhere at the 24 hour mark. I have used it and did in fact get A's each time...........I am doing it again, just because for me, it is worth the easier, less hassle situation.....;)

5. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

perfect for the trip home as you don't have to stop playing to check in. On our trip last year, our boarding passes & luggage tags were hanging on our door the morning of check out, although there have been reports of this not happening. If not, RAC or Guest Services can print your BPs for you or you could just wait to get to the airport.

6. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

Awesome, thanks for the help. It will be so much easier for the way home.

7. graceb59

graceb59 Earning My Ears

Can just one member of the group pay for the early check-in, then hold a seat or two?

8. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

Can I just wait to get to the airport to get my boarding pass if I do the early bird check in?

9. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

Yes.

10. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Technically. Southwest doesn't prohibit or support seat-saving. One person in a party could purchase EBCI and save a seat or two (or more), but they couldn't actually prevent passengers boarding between them and the rest of their party from sitting in those seats.

11. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

Thanks alot!!