SW - Custom missions

LOL, I should've changed the message. You shouldn't have to wait for someone to sit with you. Try sitting in a chair that does not give you the mission.

LOL, I should've changed the message. You shouldn't have to wait for someone to sit with you. Try sitting in a chair that does not give you the mission.

Heya, Card! I just tried your mission but couldn't finish because I've no idea what those lyrics are from, assuming they are lyrics? heh
Just two things I wanted to point out, okay? First, can you make some sign or put something in your room info about how to start the mission? I had to come back here and find your post about the chair...and the other post about the other chair. LOL The wording of your clues is fun! I don't know if your mission pays anything out yet, you may want to hold off on the 3 token fee, unless you already have it up to a paying mission? It could hurt your ratings, if people pay but get no return on that fee.
As for the tunes, add things you like. That's what I did for my own DJ Stand.
Thanks for letting me try out your mission! I haven't started on mine yet. I've no clue where to begin!

Oh no! I guess I didn't save the changes I made last night. I'm terribly sorry for both of you.

(Psst, the song at the end is The Supremes' "Back in My Arms Again" and the answer should be able to be found near the end of the first verse.)

Just to let everyone know, the experience path for my It's All About the Pink Mission is now set to Social for all those that are looking to earn their wings :angel:

I wish the tutorials on the missions come out soon. Peeps are expecting big payouts at every mission and if they don't they poorly rate the quest. Not a good move if you want to keep the game going.

The fear here is if your quest is challenging, no one will do it. Also, I have noticed that the payout on the quests have hit a plateau it seems - 405xp and 81 tokens.

Mine is online if anyone would like to try it...it's only 2 tokens and no guarentee you'll get it back as there've been 0 plays so far, LOL!
Search Rightsaid Ned. Thanks!

Mine is online if anyone would like to try it...it's only 2 tokens and no guarentee you'll get it back as there've been 0 plays so far, LOL!
Search Rightsaid Ned. Thanks!

I will be sure to try this tomorrow ned, I am all missioned out tonight haha.

after my MASSIVE winnings from the tourneys tonight i hope to make a mission tomorrow :)

Thanks, Card! I'll try again tomorrow. Yours too, Ned.
Just an FYI. Mimi Green no longer has the teleporters, she has transferred the portals with the mission links to Dis Boards, but just now so give the dude some time to set them up. heh As soon as he's ready, all of the DIS mission links will be found in Dis Boards' room.
Keep making those missions! It would be awesome to have a room filled with portals from our little DIS family. :)

Small rant:

I have truly seen the unintelligent side of Smallworlds today.

I can't tell you how many people I have walked through my mission tonight. The complaints were all the same:

"I hate this music!"
"What's a DISCO chip?"
"Show me how to do this!"
"What's the code?"
Some people even cursed at me. One guy broadcasted to everyone in the room that I am a scammer and a cheapskate.

You'd think that 90% of the people playing my quest would be able to understand the puns, the horrible jokes, and the directions in the messages. However, things like "Find the switch that is located near the chip" just don't seem to register.
People do everything independently in the Transylvania quest. Why not in mine? (Please note that my quest was modeled after the Transylvania quest).

I'd really like to thank Happy, Goofy, Aengus, PiratePal, Evoulie, and Ned for helping me keep my sanity through everything and giving your input on the quest.

End rant

(Running the mission was actually pretty fun. This was certainly a night to remember :surfweb: )

Small rant:

I have truly seen the unintelligent side of Smallworlds today.

I can't tell you how many people I have walked through my mission tonight. The complaints were all the same:

"I hate this music!"
"What's a DISCO chip?"
"Show me how to do this!"
"What's the code?"
Some people even cursed at me. One guy broadcasted to everyone in the room that I am a scammer and a cheapskate.

You'd think that 90% of the people playing my quest would be able to understand the puns, the horrible jokes, and the directions in the messages. However, things like "Find the switch that is located near the chip" just don't seem to register.
People do everything independently in the Transylvania quest. Why not in mine? (Please note that my quest was modeled after the Transylvania quest).

I'd really like to thank Happy, Goofy, Aengus, PiratePal, Evoulie, and Ned for helping me keep my sanity through everything and giving your input on the quest.

End rant

(Running the mission was actually pretty fun. This was certainly a night to remember :surfweb: )

Hugs Cardinal. You did have some real winners. One would think the fact that you called mentioned the chip was green woud be clue enough of an added hint. (Look for anything green in the room.)

Thanks for the mission. I'll stop by again soon. The VMK chat was fun tonight too.

Is it only me or is the lag in this game just awefull?? Everytime I need to load a room it takes 5 minutes, very frustrating....

Card, don't let those people get to you, we had them on vmk, too, just not in such large numbers. Seems the peeps on SW want a free and easy ride to fortune. Personally, when I do make my mission it will NOT be dumbed down for those opportunistic players, regardless of the poor ratings my mission is sure to receive. I did that on vmk and was never happy about it, but those were CHILDREN! If the players on SW are to be over the age of 13, then they should possess basic reading skills. If not, they can move along to the easier missions. heh

Rickyratsmom: Weekends are horribly laggy on SW. I try avoiding them, unless someone asks for help with a dance mission. ;)

Well just an FYI, my mission is still giving out 1 stinking token. Sorry folks, was trying to make something easy to get some easy social xp. I can only hope that eventually one day it will go up. I decided not to get too frustrated with it and will just leave it up and running while I try to fix my original mission that I messed up horribly when adding items to pick up - poor Happy was picking up jewel 11 out of 4 over and over again.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

On a lighter note - has anybody noticed that 24 hours in Smallworlds is a lot longer than 24 hours in real life? I created a mule - mostly to test out my mission and see how much the mission was giving out. I write down the exact time that I do the mission and after what I think is 24 hours, I go to try it again and get the notice that I must wait at least 24 hours to try it again.

I wonder if SW has a longer hour than we do?:confused3 If so, I should could use that longer hour every once in a while when I have too much to do.

I mades a mission :)

Mission Idiom... it was late i forget what track it is, i think it might be gamer

Gracie Fairplay's Mission room i think... hey come on I told you it was late when I made it, i forgets :)

Anyways, it should be pretty easy, maybe even a little fun I hope :)

I noticed Cards room was pretty busy last night (FOR ONCE) and decided it may be time to strike!

snag0090xc1.jpg

I mades a mission :)

Mission Idiom... it was late i forget what track it is, i think it might be gamer

Gracie Fairplay's Mission room i think... hey come on I told you it was late when I made it, i forgets :)

Anyways, it should be pretty easy, maybe even a little fun I hope :)

OOO I played it I used google one time!

Don't Edit!

I finally noticed something about these missions. My mission is still giving out 1 token and I have been using two test mules to verify. Something else I just noticed, one mule took it yesterday and it got 4 xp and 2 tokens. This morning I edited my mission again(been editing every day) and when the mule went back to do it, it only got 3 xp and 1 token. I think every time we edit it drops back down a bit. Just a thought.

I have been trying to figure out this measurement and pay issue. This is just a hunch. But here was my experiment.

9:15am EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 104 times - received 32 tokens
1:45pm EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 121 times - received 29 tokens

9:15am EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 96 times - received 10 tokens
1:45pm EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 109 times - received 14 tokens

Both are currently rated a 4/5.

I have received feedback in the room by people, that they have rated my quest low because I do not payout well. For some reason, I think a rating may impact how the pay occurs. In addition, like Cruise says, a slight alteration to the mission will impact it as well.

Just a thought. I think we should keep this in mind and rate all Dis'rs quests a 5. I will not be charging for the quest until I get to a good payout for the recipients, just think it is best that way since we both will make out in the long run. Charging too early will make people not want to do your mission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter