SW credit is it transferable?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Hockeychic, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hockeychic

Hockeychic Going for Dopey 2016

I have a flight credit that I can not use but a friend of mine can and is willing to buy it from me.

My question is are they transferable? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Thanks
    Kim

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pamjb

pamjb DIS Veteran

They are absolutely transferable. All you need to give to your friend is the confirmation number and your name.

4. Hockeychic

Terrific!!! Thank you

5. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I'm not sure what the OP is asking. A SW RR award ticket can be used by anyone (transferable). Ticketless credits, from an unused flight or fare reduction, can be transferred. Neither can be sold and E-Bay shuts down auctions.

A flight credit, given for flying, can't be transferred. One person has to accumulate enough credits for a free flight.

6. Hockeychic

It was where I booked and paid for a flight and now the price has gone down. I use to always be able to get the credit back but I guess they have tightened up on this as I have not had any luck to date.

So I was going to sell the credit to a friend who could use it.

Do you think that is OK?

7. DMRick

DMRick I prefer to be tagless!

Sell your friends a nice t shirt for the cost of the credits and give her the credit.

Seriously, you can transfer it and they do say not sellable.

8. pamjb

pamjb DIS Veteran

The OP stated she is selling them to a friend. She will have no problem in using them. I have purchased tickets using my neighbors TTF and I have sold TTF to another Dis'er. I haven't had any problems using the tickets nor has anyone else that I know.

9. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

I have sold credits to a coworker at around a $20 discount. she got $$ off her flight cost and I got some $$ back for my credits. I wouldn't sell to strangers.