SW and Legoland-how long?

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by seashell724, Sep 29, 2012.

1. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Hi!
    I have been to SW in Florida and spent a whole day. Just wondering if the SD location has as much to offer in terms of shows and stuff for toddlers.

Also, I see there is a Lego land and Lego land waterpark. Do people normally do both in 1 day or are these big enough that they would take a full day each? I don't really get if they are separate parks or not.

I know time is subjective to each person but I don't want to rush and I'm trying to get a feel for the best options.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jumparound

jumparound Mouseketeer

The legoland waterpark is inside legoland, towards the back of the park. So if you want to do the waterpark you will have to buy a park hopper. The waterpark isn't very big and I can't see spending the whole day there. Besides if you spend the money for the park hopper you may as well take advantage of that and do some rides in the main park.

4. jumparound

jumparound Mouseketeer

Just wanted to add that one day is enough for both parks, in my opinion...you may not get on every single ride, depending on how busy it is when you go, but you will be able to do quite a few of them while still spending time in the waterpark.

Also, I've never been to sea world in Florida but have had a pass here in San Diego for almost 5 years now. You could spend the whole day there, but we find that we don't need the whole day. Especially, when it's not crowded, we can get everything done in a few hours. After being there so many times, we're usually ready to come home after 4 or 5 hours

5. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I appreciate that info very much!

6. chttyangel

chttyangel Mouseketeer

Not sure if you already took your trip yet or not but just saw your post.

I took my kids 6 and 14 to SeaWorld and Legoland last Spring. Seaworld we spent the whole day there. By whole day I mean; opening to about 5ish, not close. In that amount of time we saw just about everything and enjoyed most of the shows (we only missed one). It was a fair amount of walking and by 5:00 we were TIRED. Had we wanted to see the final show or the night whale show we could have stayed longer and kept busy.

Legoland we went from opening til about 2ish. In that amount of time we had rode most of the rides. I have been twice and IMO this park is nice for the younger kids but not as much to do. We drove to LA after and went to DL until close.

I know you didnt ask about the zoo; but we also did that. It was another full day event. TONS of walking and we were pooped! :)