Suzy and Perla Skip the Lines Again: From roughing it to the lap of luxury

I awoke this morning to a dark, rainy, miserable kind of day. How to make oneself happy on such a day?

I had an idea. First, I stayed in bed a full house longer than normal reading. A book, people, a book. Not the disboards. Though that would have been cheerful too.

Then I went to get the rest of the ingredients for my empanadas and some Pillsbury pizza dough. My idea was to make Mickey shaped food for our trip, and regular shaped food for our day, while watching Disney movies and hanging pictures on my wall. I'm trying to get my living room mostly done before we leave. I'm not going to make it, but I'm making an effort.

This is what I hung today:

d798a6aa.jpg

But it's only 3/4 of the way hung because 2 hours into arranging, levelling, etc. Mulan stepped on one of the frames breaking it into a zillion pieces. It then threw off the arrangement, and we had to sweep and deal with her tears. Sigh. As I said to Donald when he asked why I would do such a project when the children were home, "I can only do so many projects while they aren't around. Boo is with me 90% of the time." Again, sigh. So it's undone.

I went to a video store and picked up 6 old Disney movies for a song. A Tink movie, Saludos Amigos, Kermit: The Swamp Years, Home on the Range, Dumbo, and Tarzan. The entire family will only watch Tarzan, Dumbo, and Home on the Range (which we are currently watching.) The rest are just for Boo. We are hoping to also watch in the next two weeks: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Pocohantas, the Great Mouse Detective, and Bambi.

After coming home from this little trip I set to make mickey shaped empanadas.

Here's the filling:
66a3ce69.jpg

And here is the recipe, because it's AWESOME so you'll want to make it, I'm sure.

4 large chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
taco seasoning packet
1/2 cup salsa

Add all those to a crockpot and cook on high 8 hours.
When chicken is cooked through and tender, shred.

Yum! I made 6 chicken breasts yesterday and we had the extra in tacos for dinner.

Add to that:
4 oz neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
Chopped fresh cilantro to taste

Mix really well.

This makes an enormous amount of filling. But it freezes great and is delicious in all kinds of things.

To make the empanadas I buy refrigerated pie crust. I bought 3 packs (6 rounds) to use all this filling.

All I have is a 3 inch cookie cutter. So I had to cut out my mickeys and then roll them carefully twice as big. ANNOYING and time consuming.

Brush with an egg wash and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minute until golden brown.

005a2a2c.jpg

Each round made only 5 Mickey shaped empanadas. The leftovers I just made in circles. This is what they look like done:
7f5dd533.jpg

Hopefully this recipe works as I made it up forever ago (the filling part) and so I've never written it down before.

All told I think I have 25 empanadas in my freezer. The rest have gone into our bellies.

I also decided to finish the calzoni I made earlier this week but ran out of homemade pizza dough. Here's what the Pillsbury dough looked like rolled out & cut:
475b4f7d.jpg

This would have worked perfectly had I been able to cut my Mickeys the right size. But it was impossible to roll them out more after cut and still have them retain their shapes. So I made three. I'm going to look for a bigger cutter at Disney World this year.

Added to the other calzoni in my freezer these will make about 20. They are also really yummy, italian sausage and ricotta and parmasan.
d8c23c8a.jpg

After this I gave up completely and made a strombli for dinner for my family. Oh my GOODNESS! YUM!
74a61a83.jpg

And just to eat for us right now, krispie treats:
bdfdd051.jpg

In addition to this all taking me the better part of today, it cost more than just going to fast food by about double. But so be it. It's Mickey shaped and that counts for something.

To the new baking pans: never!!! I like em old & beat up. The food tastes better that way! Though Donald would agree with you. He scrubs them till they are new and shiny and I say, "why on earth would you ruin my pans?"

I love all the shirts and the Mickey shaped treats are a cute idea.

I sure do hope you can fit all that you want to bring in your van.

We drove to Disney in November(in a Tahoe) and stayed at POR..we had a rooftop carrier and I swear we were still packed in there.

I am so jealous of your Year of Disney!

We talk all the time about going back. If we hadn't already promised my SIL/BIL that we would go to Vegas with them February 2012, we would most definitely be going back to Disney then.

As it is we are planning to go back in Februar 2013...so a little over 2years after our 1st trip. It is so far away.

I hope you have fun camping! We've talked about taking our travel trailer down there but it would cost so much in gas it wouldn't be worth it..that and I really dont want to cook while I am on vacation. lol

0d4af285.jpg

Love the hairbows. They are too cute! And wow, more Tshirts! I am totally blown away by your craftiness.

c7c5898c.jpg

This is not a bad idea actually. :thumbsup2 Especially since the weather has been so yucky. My kids would have loved this.

b174baf9.jpg

Beautiful! You did a great job on the cake. All of your food pictures are making me hungry. Now I wish I had some cake, or a Mickey cupcake. ;)

I love all the shirts and the Mickey shaped treats are a cute idea.

I sure do hope you can fit all that you want to bring in your van.

We drove to Disney in November(in a Tahoe) and stayed at POR..we had a rooftop carrier and I swear we were still packed in there.

I am so jealous of your Year of Disney!

We talk all the time about going back. If we hadn't already promised my SIL/BIL that we would go to Vegas with them February 2012, we would most definitely be going back to Disney then.

As it is we are planning to go back in Februar 2013...so a little over 2years after our 1st trip. It is so far away.

I hope you have fun camping! We've talked about taking our travel trailer down there but it would cost so much in gas it wouldn't be worth it..that and I really dont want to cook while I am on vacation. lol

Thanks! I hope we fit too. We got a bike rack yesterday and I'm driving around with it & two bikes on the back of our van hoping they don't fall off. Figure if they do fall off, I'd rather have them fall off around here than on I-95!

And I really don't like to cook on vacation either. I LOVE to cook and pre-kids I actually went on a vacation where I volunteered to cook for everyone for the whole week. It was great and I still remember some of the stuff I made. But now, I cook all the time at home. I want a vacation too! From work AND cooking and cleaning.

0d4af285.jpg

Love the hairbows. They are too cute! And wow, more Tshirts! I am totally blown away by your craftiness.

Beautiful! You did a great job on the cake. All of your food pictures are making me hungry. Now I wish I had some cake, or a Mickey cupcake. ;)

Thanks! I am crafty, but not really a sewer. So I'm always thrilled to find a cool non-sew project. I think I'll be making hairbows a lot more! Thanks on the cake. It was yummy too. Wish I had some right now! :rotfl: Boo asked for a Mickey cupcake yesterday and could not really understand what "Frozen" meant. ;)

I have had ENOUGH! Miserable, miserable weather. I don't even believe the sun exists. I think it has been sucked into a black hole.

We are all ready to just pack up & head south TONIGHT! Sadly, we can't. I must finish my work, Milo must give his students their finals, our kids must all take their finals. But I'm cranky about it. I am ready to blow this popsicle stand!

I've been calling Disney pretty much every day asking if they can change my BBB appointments since they USED to be the coolest appts ever, 20 minutes before park opening and now that they changed the hours to 8 am they are 40 minutes AFTER park opening which makes them stupid. But they don't care. They tell me, very nicely, every day that I am wasting my time and there will not be spots at a great time on spring break in the castle for THREE girls together. I should be grateful. But I continue to call. I'm like that.

The big news around these parts are our ten year olds, Mulan and Buzz, got basic cell phones with cameras and unlimited texting on them. Just in time for WDW. So they should have a bit more freedom.

She is SO BIG and ADULT and TEENAGERISH!!!

32a275ed.jpg

When did she get so big? I remember this trip:

I mean, seriously! People ask why we go to Disney so often, I'll tell you, because I want to spend as much time as possible with my cuties and it was just a short 9 years ago they looked like this:

And now they have cell phones and purses and they do hair. :sad2:

Ok, ok, I'll quite whining. We all know perfectly well kids get bigger. Oops, gotta go. I'll come back later and post about our bike rack. I know, that's a super big cliff hanger that will have you all rushing back here in a few hours, talking about it at dinner...

"Sweetie, I've gotta hop on the Disboards and read the pre-trippie. She's about to tell us about her new BIKE RACK!"

There will be excitement all around, I can assure you.

What? Not a single post under my exciting bike rack cliff hanger? Unbelievable. :sad2: :lmao:

So, even though you all weren't excited, I'm going to tell you about it anyway as I AM excited. We had been looking around for awhile and they are so expensive and you need a hitch. Seriously, we were gonna spend like $200.00 and the grand total we've spent on our bikes was $10.00, one was a gift, one was from a yard sale. $200.00 to haul around $10.00 worth of bikes.

So, when my SIL told me about the one they bought at Target, I looked it up. Turns out they had it at my local Wal-mart for $50.00. And on-line for free site to store shipping for $39.00! So that seemed a no brainer but I was really nervous.

Here is the box:
aae82399.jpg

cbf6508a.jpg

It fit on our Honda Odyssey just fine, though Donald had to do it, I wasn't clever enough. He said it was super simple. But I am the creative one, he's the mechanic. I've driven around with it with two bikes on it for the past two days and the bikes didn't move, didn't squeak. So I'm excited. It works! And hopefully no bikes bouncing down I-95.

I don't currently have any pics because it's either been pitch dark or POURING rain so there's not been a moment to take a picture, but there will be plenty on our trip so stay tuned.

Which, by the way, our trip is only 1 week away!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We're pulling out all our Disney "boxes" and stuff. Jack-Jack put on Disney hats and his pin lanyard and refused to take any of it off tonight.

We also watched Sleeping Beauty tonight. Boo loved it and said, "Mickey kills the dragon! It makes sense now!" She and Jack-Jack call Fantasmic "Mickey kills the dragon", that's it's official name around here. So she quite easily made the connection and recognized the dragon. It's very scary for her so I was glad for her to have another reason to brave it.

Tomorrow night is Cinderella night which I, personally, am quite excited about since we are eating with them and I'm pretty sure Boo has no clue who the stepmother and daughters are.

Suzy and I also tried our bathing suits on tonight. Ugh. That's a part of planning I could do without. We both have to weigh in to this competition next week and are supposed to be dieting but instead we are exercising every morning and eating junk food. It's not gonna be a great weigh in. We're not gonna win. :rotfl: But we're exercising! Can't we get a little credit for that?

I made this tonight for no reason except I had the stuff and I was inspired:
cdd14431.jpg

The recipe is: 2 cups mini pretzels
2 cups cinnamon Chex
1 cup corn Chex
1 cup cheerios
1 cup m&m's
1 cup pretzel m&m's
2 tbsp white chocolate chips, melted
2 tbsp peanut butter (stir into melted chips)

Toss together, put on a cookie sheet and let dry.

YUM!

Seriously. So right this second, my bathing suits are awful, but, well, I shouldn't be eating m&m's so much. I'll say that. More running, less m&m's.

Guess who's gonna make the above recipe for our trip to Kissimmee? Yup, the gal who knows what she SHOULD do and is just not gonna do it. popcorn::

Your chex mix looks so yummy! I haven't tried that recipe before, although with my love of all chocolate I'm not sure why!?! :lovestruc

Great find on the bike rack, although the bikes seem like the best great find. What a good deal!

Aaaawwww! The girls are so cute!!!

Wish we were headed to Disney in a week. I probably wouldn't sleep a wink between now and departure because of how excited I would be. :cloud9:

Your chex mix looks so yummy! I haven't tried that recipe before, although with my love of all chocolate I'm not sure why!?! :lovestruc

Great find on the bike rack, although the bikes seem like the best great find. What a good deal!

Aaaawwww! The girls are so cute!!!

Wish we were headed to Disney in a week. I probably wouldn't sleep a wink between now and departure because of how excited I would be. :cloud9:

Yes, you have to make the Chex mix. I had the hardest time not eating the entire thing myself.

Can you believe that Tigger ears picture is Mulan? She's such a young lady now it seems a very long time ago she was a little toddler.

Donald has been putting our old videos on DVD and last night he did our first trip to WDW as families. Charming is 3 1/2, Buzz is 9 months, Mulan is 3 months. Sooo cute. Charming is just chatting away in this high, adorable teeny tiny voice. And Buzz is just looking around with a giant, goofy baby grin the whole Dumbo ride. And Mulan is, of course, just in my arms, a wee baby.

It was a great video to watch.

As for the excitement, we are having a Wii Mariokart Tournament today. We have 20 friends over (and their families) and play Mariokart in a very orderly fashion until one person is completely victorious and wins. A tournament, so to speak. :lmao: So I've been distracted by that. I spent all day yesterday making these:
22a6e6c4.jpg

be6b8af8.jpg

McQueen came over and helped. He is a HUGE crafter and really should be part of my family so I steal him every once in awhile as he and Mulan like to mess around with all my craft stuff. He ended up staying the night (Charming did too) and currently he and Mulan are in the kitchen playing "restaurant."

So after making cupcakes, eating Pizza Hut (which feels like a party), playing Disney SceneIt, and cards, we got them all ready for bed and I got a chance to try out my air mattresses. Here's one:
b1e7094f.jpg

They were a bit cold, not a lot, but a bit so that's good to know. They weren't in sleeping bags and clearly not enough blankets and just a sheet underneath. So I'm glad we did it.

Anyway, back to the excitement, because of being distracted by this Mario thing and the ton of work I had to do the last few weeks, WDW has seemed a bit stressful, with packing and preparing. But this morning the kids woke up at 7 am and even though I was planning on sleeping in as soon as my eyes were open my head said, "Today's the tournament and then it's Disney, Disney, Disney!!!!" And that was it. I was awake.

Super duper exciting and having Charming and McQueen here last night was a little preview for us.

One more thing, Suzy started checking Accuweather 15 day forecast WAY too early and gave me a heart attack because it seemed freezing. But it's much more accurate now and 80 degrees. One of the days even says, "Brilliant Sunshine." Not just sunshine, brilliant sunshine. That sounds A-ok to me!!!

OK, off to clean up from our "party" last night so we can have an actual party today.

More yummy looking cupcakes! You are a baking machine! :worship:

Can I get some advice please? I am trying to nail down the date for our trip....have you been to Disney in June the first or second week? Or would it be better to just get a substitute for me and pull the kids out of school for a week and go in May? I really don't want to fight huge crowds and stand in long lines (even though I am trying to memorize your tips to avoid the lines.) TIA for any help you can give me.

More yummy looking cupcakes! You are a baking machine! :worship:

Can I get some advice please? I am trying to nail down the date for our trip....have you been to Disney in June the first or second week? Or would it be better to just get a substitute for me and pull the kids out of school for a week and go in May? I really don't want to fight huge crowds and stand in long lines (even though I am trying to memorize your tips to avoid the lines.) TIA for any help you can give me.

We haven't been to Disney in June but are going this year! Gotta get our use out of our APs. We'll be going to the second week of June. Because Milo is a professor, we too must follow school schedules.

The issues with June are crowds and heat. I have been more than once in August/ early September and I also have been to Busch Gardens when it was 106 degrees and very crowded every day. AND we've sent friends to Disney in June and been their travel guides via itinerary planning and text.

So here are my questions: Are you sincerely willing to get up at 6:30 most mornings on vacation? Do you and your whole family tolerate heat? Are you going for longer than 7 days? Would you be willing to pay for Tour Guide Mike?

If the answers to these questions are all yes, than you will be fine in June.

People who don't like mornings try to say on these boards that it doesn't matter. But it does. It actually matters WAY more than which week in the year you go or which park you choose. If a park opens at 8:00 a.m., like MK currently, you have 2 SOLID hours of wait times under 10 minutes. This means you can get ALL of Fantasyland and MOST of Fronteirland done by 10 a.m. And if you've done it right you should have FPs for Space Mt. and Jungle Cruise in your pocket.

Then spend the next hour doing Aladdin's Carpets and the castle show and then eat lunch at 11:30 (grabbing an FP to Buzz Lightyear Spin) then do perhaps Philharmagic or Laugh Floor and grab one more set of FP's on your way out. Then go back to your hotel. By 1:00 when the parks are 100 degrees and full of people, you are safely in your empty hotel pool. Or better yet in June, add Water Parks and more to your tickets. Then at 5:00 after swimming and a wonderful nap in the shade or a.c. go to a nice dinner. At 7:00 go back into the parks and you have FPs to use up and you can do all the rides that never get long lines. Then watch the night time show.

If you follow the above schedule, you miss the crowds and the heat.

Making June a fine option.

Just like spring break. I won't lie, it's fabulous in September when the lines for popular rides don't get above 30 minutes ever. But for the huge majority of people that just isn't possible. And now with Suzy & my 7 kids, most in school, and Milo, we are part of the group that needs to go during school breaks.

But we are not concerned. Even TSM is no biggie. The standby line is GREAT! Lots to see. So if you get there EARLY! Like, 30 minutes before rope drop, you'll have time to get through bag check and use the restroom and then march back there. Skip the FP line and get right into standby. It moves super fast and is never broken at 8-9 a.m. An entertaining 15-20 minutes later you are riding. Then we rush to ToT where the line is about 10-15 minutes while the adult with the babies gets FPs to RnR coaster.

No biggie.

OK. It's time to get the official list going instead of just the giant pile of stuff I keep throwing things on. So here it is. Suzy has one too and some stuff we are sharing so it won't be duplicated on the other's list. Perhaps she'll add the stuff she has that's unique to her? That way you can have the WHOLE list. As if mine isn't giant enough. :lmao:

Campsite

Tent
Tent poles
Tarps
Mallet
2 air mattresses
Pump
5 sleeping bags
2 queen sheet sets
Blankets
Quilt
Pillows (7)
Heater
Rug
Duct tape
Extension cords
Power saver
Chairs (5)
Broom & dustpan
Clock/charger
Iron
Flashlights
Lanterns
Batteries
Twinkle lights
Timer
Ear plugs
clothespins
Green table
Table cloth & clips
Coffeepot
Coffee
Creamer
Splenda
Cups
Disney Mugs
Plastic Bins
Refrigerated cooler
Trash bags
Ziploc bags
Plastic wear
Plates
Napkins
Pop
Beer
Juice
Water/Propel
Rum/Whiskey
Chips (8 bags)
Chip clips
Soft cooler
Poptarts
Granola bars
Cheesesticks
Fruit (fresh and canned)
Pam
Knife
Kitchen wipes
Spatula
Aluminum foil
Citronella candle
Rope
Bikes
Tools & pump for bikes
Toilet paper
Kleenex
Roasting Sticks
Bug spray
Cards
lightsticks/glow necklaces
Laundry detergent
Hamper
Bucket
Tinkerbell seat
Bleach

Pool Bag

Sunblock
After sun lotion
Bathings suits
Cover ups
5 beach towels
Spray detangler
Flip flops
Goggles
Floaties

Toiletries bag

5 towels
Body wash
Shampoo
Conditioner
Boo’s shampoo
Comb
Brush
q-tips
razor
make-up
floss
toothpaste
toothbrush
mouthwash
nail clippers
polish
Chapstick
Deodorant
Plastic carriers

Clothing/Personal bag

Shirts
Shorts
Pants
Socks
Tennis shoes
Sweatshirts
Undies
Pj’s
Crocs
1st aid kit
Tylenol/bendryl
Neti pot/zyrtec
Cell phone chargers

Park Bag

Ponchos
Stroller/cup holders
Coffee cups
Plastic cups
Hats
Sunscreen
Antibacterial
Small 1st aid kit
Camera
Batteries
Tickets
Sunglasses
Baby wipes
Autograph book
Pens
Pin lanyards
Cell phone
Money
Light up toys
a few small toys for meals

In van

DVD players
DVD’s
Books
Magazines
Sunglasses
Small blankets
Leapster and games
Crayons/color books
Stickers
Toys
Earphones
Snacks
drinks

What else? What am I missing?

the kitchen sink? :rotfl:

I had a spreadsheet that housed my lists for Disney...along with the requisite pile of stuff. lol

The cupcakes looked awesome. One of my 5yr olds would have loved that...she loves all things Mario.

I love your trip reports.... I'm living Disney vicariously through you since we wont be back for a few years.

Where are you staying in June?

I'm with Tracey....all you need is the kitchen sink! Seriously, anything I could think of you seem to have listed. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice I found it to be very helpful. I am willing to get up at the crack of dawn, but will hubby and the kids? Not sure. We had a big discussion last night. He doesn't really get it yet. He seemed to think we would wander around in the parks for about half the day then do other things. He was online looking to see what else Orlando has. :sad2: I'm going to keep working on him. I keep telling myself he hasn't been online reading and researching like I have.

One of the teachers at school gave me good advice, too. She said don't even try to do it all and don't get upset about what you don't get to do. There's always next time. :)

Thanks for the packing list! We bought our first tent today and I had started a list but I think I will use yours, you got it all! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report, I've loved all of your other ones!

the kitchen sink? :rotfl:

I had a spreadsheet that housed my lists for Disney...along with the requisite pile of stuff. lol

The cupcakes looked awesome. One of my 5yr olds would have loved that...she loves all things Mario.

I love your trip reports.... I'm living Disney vicariously through you since we wont be back for a few years.

Where are you staying in June?

I know, right? I have pondered the kitchen sink, like a tub for cleaning, but since we aren't cooking I opted for just wipes. :lmao:

Suzy's pile of stuff is on her dining room table but I am blessed/cursed with a GIANT house that has a ridiculous amount of storage (read: trash which no one really needs & I must then organize/trip over.) Mostly it's a curse but when I need to take 3 months to pack, it's a serious blessing.

I always live vicariously through other's TR's too. Actually, that's the reason I first started. I wanted to pay the Trip Report community back for all the amazing tips/secrets/pure entertainment they have given me these past years.

I know there are much better and especially funnier TR's out there. So many times I've laughed out loud while reading (to the confusion of my family.) But at least I'm giving something back, however small.

In June we are staying at a wonderful house in Windsor Hills. But that is for another report ;). My plan is to go to WDW this week, just posting here & there, give myself a few days to get my life back together, and then start a PTR while simultaneously writing this TR. And this year I'm going back to writing paper notes. The electronic note taking just isn't working for me, greatly reducing the quality of my tips.

I'm with Tracey....all you need is the kitchen sink! Seriously, anything I could think of you seem to have listed. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice I found it to be very helpful. I am willing to get up at the crack of dawn, but will hubby and the kids? Not sure. We had a big discussion last night. He doesn't really get it yet. He seemed to think we would wander around in the parks for about half the day then do other things. He was online looking to see what else Orlando has. :sad2: I'm going to keep working on him. I keep telling myself he hasn't been online reading and researching like I have.

One of the teachers at school gave me good advice, too. She said don't even try to do it all and don't get upset about what you don't get to do. There's always next time. :)

Yikes! Orlando DOES have a lot to offer, but we almost never do any of it. A few things we've thoroughly enjoyed is outlet mall shopping and Medieval Times. But I wouldn't leave WDW for any of them. We've done them when staying off site and doing Universal. But we've only done Universal on it's own trips. It's hard to do both sets of parks in a single week.

And definitely don't try to do it all! That is amazing advice.

Also, I've slowly trained my dh. On our first trips I would bargain with him. If he would do it my way day one & two and get up at 6:30, I'd do it his way day 3. Then we'd see. He'd get to Space Mt. at 11:30 a.m. and there'd be a 100 minute line and he'd say, "But it was only 10 minutes yesterday, I don't understand!" :lmao: Day 4-7, back to my way. :rotfl:

He's learned now. On this trip when I asked if he's nervous about the crowds he says, and I quote, "You and Suzy know what you're doing. I trust you to get us around the crowds." I send the official itinerary to his phone the day we leave home. Every morning while he lays in bed he reviews the day, asking a few questions. And is always ready by the official leave time. Even when the LEAVE the room time is 6:30 a.m.

Thanks for the packing list! We bought our first tent today and I had started a list but I think I will use yours, you got it all! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report, I've loved all of your other ones!

I'd stay tuned to make sure we really do have it all after we're done camping! :lmao: I've already added to the list: goggles for the girls swimming. And Boo's flotation device thing.

And thanks! I love continuous readers. I makes me soooo happy. :grouphug::cloud9::flower3:

I know, right? I have pondered the kitchen sink, like a tub for cleaning, but since we aren't cooking I opted for just wipes.

I'd stay tuned to make sure we really do have it all after we're done camping! :lmao: I've already added to the list: goggles for the girls swimming. And Boo's flotation device thing.

You know a small plastic dish tub (like from a Dollar General) wouldn't be a bad idea. If nothing else you could use it to store things in. You never know if you might need to soak a t shirt covered in mustard.

I'm excited to read about your trip when you get back. Can't wait to hear how the hubbys survived tent camping! :rotfl:

I have another question for you: How strict are CMs about checking times on Fastpasses? Do you have to use them during the return time listed or can you use it anytime after it is available.
TIA!!!

OK. Here's my list. But I don't have my toiletries and clothes broken down like Perla: (and we do have some duplicates, we'll have to consolidate)

Face wipes
Mirror
Marshmallows
Graham crackers
Hersheys bar
Roasting sticks
Bike pump
Sand stakes
2 tents
Tarp for under tent
Screen house
3 air matresses
4 sleeping bags
Mattress pad
1 sets sheets
6 pillows
3 blankets
1 comforters
Surge strip
Little broom and dustpan
Door Mat for outside tent
2 strollers
3 bikes
Griddle
Spatula
Soap sponges
Coffee mug
Pancake mix
cooler
Pop
Capri sun
Maple syrup
Slim jim's
Chips
Goldfish crackers
Fruit chews
Water
Candy
(buy when get there - lunchables, bagelfuls, fruit, ??)
Paper plates, plastic ware,
Paper towels
6 beach towels
6 bath towels
6 wash clothes
Clothesline
3 toiletries bags
Ziploc bags and containers
Extension cord
D batteries
AA batteries
Air pump for mattresses
Bug spray
Sunscreen
Thermocell
6 chairs
3 to 4 suitcases of clothing and shoes
6 ponchos
Stroller rain cover
2 or 3 umbrellas
Baggalini packed with tickets
Post it's for bathroom
Band aids and neosporin
Lantern for tent
Flashlights
Head lanterns
Mallet
Chargers
3 ds
1 DVD player
1 iPad
3 iPhones
1 Buzz's phone
Books
Cards
Basketball
Football
screwdriver

and here's a couple pictures of my dining room:

All of McQueen's, Jack Jack's, and my clothes are packed in here.:lovestruc

packing1.jpg

some random shots:

packing2.jpg

packing3.jpg

I've never prepared so extensively so far in advance. But we're finally in the final week and I'm so ready to actually start loading in the van. PLEASE let everything fit!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter