Sushi?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by n8nally, Apr 3, 2013.

1. n8nally

n8nally DIS Veteran

My mouth is just watering looking at all the sample menus and thinking about what we may get to eat on our Sept Dream cruise. However, I noticed one item doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, and that is sushi! Sushi is probably my family's all time favorite food and I was wondering if there is ever sushi served anywhere on the ship? While I realize we will have just so many yummy things to chose from, sushi or not, I am just curious if anybody has ever seen any onboard. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

There's usually sushi in Cabanas at lunchtime.

4. n8nally

n8nally DIS Veteran

Yay!! :banana:

5. Cruisefan2

Cruisefan2 DIS Veteran

Yes they have PLENTY of sushi and wasabi if that's your cup of tea at Cabanas at lunch time

6. PrettyPrincessJen

PrettyPrincessJen AKA "MomBomb"

Yes to different rolls but I don't remember seeing nigiri. We sailed in 2011 on the Magic and my family was so excited for sushi for lunch!

7. Traveler4Life

Traveler4Life Earning My Ears

There is sushi in cabanas but it's only a one plate selection. You don't get to choose or order your choice. It is not made to order or an extensive menu. They had two pieces of sushi on one plate. You pick it up buffet style.

8. algae

algae Mouseketeer

Right, you pick up the sushi plate by plate. On the last sailing we were on, each sushi plate had 1 tuna and 1 cooked shrimp nigiri. I built up quite a pile of plates since the portions are on the small side. Don't expect really high quality stuff, though--just decent.

9. LVaughn

LVaughn DVC and Gold Castaway Club

You can request multiple plates if you want. I was getting 3 at a time on our last cruise. There is a small amount of wasabi and some ginger. It took 3 plates just to get enough wasabi to taste.

The rolls aren't always the same. We had one roll with tuna, one california roll, and another roll with snowcrab.

pirate::fish:

10. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

Scroll down in the link below to see a pic of the sushi plate...

[​IMG]

11. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

12. LVaughn

LVaughn DVC and Gold Castaway Club

I'm glad you cleared that up. I enjoyed your trip report, but wasn't seeing the sushi. I went through it twice. That PALO brunch looked wonderful.

The plate on that page looks like what we had at Cabanas on our last cruise. The difference is they don't have it out where you can get your own plate. There's a CM and a display and we had to ask for it.

pirate:

13. over50visits

over50visits DIS Veteran

The larger ships have reasonable sushi - nothing at all special, but much better than the fare on the classic ships. Those (classic) ships basically had California rolls! Cabanas does at least one step up. If you are a sushi lover, prepare to be underwhelmed. If you are a casual sushi eater, prepare to be delighted :)

14. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

When I was on the Magic recently there was a HUGE amount of sushi at the seafood buffet in Parrot Cay. You could take as much of whatever kind you liked and there was a pretty decent variety. I think my daughter and I ate our body weight in sushi. :)

15. over50visits

over50visits DIS Veteran

Really glad to hear that. Haven't been on the Magic in a while, so happy they worked on their sushi offering.

16. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

The fish is good. The Sushi rice is not that great.

Most likely prepared 4-5 hours before meal time and just a cold lump.

About the only food I have not liked on DCL, but i will keep trying it hoping for better results.

On the Wonder they did have the sesame seed encrusted Tuna and that was incredible.

17. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

Be sure to have the Ahi Tuna Tower appetizer in Enchanted Garden...its AMAZING! :)