Surprising my sister with a Disney Cruise!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by emilyann415, Jun 29, 2014.

1. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

So my sister turns the big 4-0 next July and I want to surprise her with a cruise. Here is my question....is it possible to get all her travel documents sent to me so she doens't find out about the trip until I want her to?????

TIA

Emily

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Yes if you are the lead person nothing should come in the post until 45 days pre cruise.

4. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

But that is what I am worrying about. If I don't want her to know yet....can her tags, etc get mailed to my address?

5. DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Yes as long as your the lead person and you set all correspondence to your address.

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Just list your address on the reservation -- really no reason to list hers as well.

7. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

This is such great news!!!! Thanks....now to get started on the planning.....

Thanks again.

8. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

Also if you book with a TA they would get the information and then they could just send it to you :)

9. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

Even better...as we are using a TA!

10. abitagirl916

abitagirl916 Disneymaniac

Make sure you check that with your TA, because although I used a TA, my documents still were sent directly to me by DCL. I believe it depends on what the TA requests.

11. clten

clten DIS Veteran

Make sure her address is not put in if you do online check in early (to get your port arrival time). Keep her listed at your address. That way if DCL does send the documents directly rather than to your TA, they will not accidently go to her. The week before the cruise, you can go and change it to be her information (which she will want tied to her castaway club number and may be useful if you both want to make OBB). That way if anything is sent post cruise, she may also receive it (although it is usually sent in the lead person's name/address).

12. canadiandisneycruise

canadiandisneycruise Mouseketeer

I want you as my sister! LOL!

Make sure you don't put down her email for anything either - I got emails from Disney about the changes in their smoking policy because I had an existing reservation.

Sounds like SO MUCH FUN! We should do this for my sister's 40th!!! LOL!:goodvibes:goodvibes

13. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

If they have emails for all passengers, every time you make a change to a reservation or make a payment you will all get an email.

Talk to your travel agent and make sure DCL knows that all communication regarding this cruise is to go through the travel agent or to you, and never to your sister.