Surprising Ma....I did pull it off!! Surprise is out!!!

That all sounds really good!! I'm so happy that the bosses approved it :) One word of advice- I would wait to see the park hours before you finalize things...Disney has been changing things like crazy so i would just wait to finalize, but it looks really good!

Oh good! I am glad it all worked out, it would have been shame if you had to change it around.

I think you can never have enough MK! If you make an ADR for a sit down restaurant on one or both of the days it won't feel as overwhelming too ;)

Yea, now we just gotta see if DSIS will approve...I emailed her earlier, and I know it may all change once the park hours come out, but I just like having the rough sketch played out...so we'll see how it all plays out!! Once I get past this May quick trip, I can place all my focus on to September!! I THINK I got May all figured out!! There's another PTR on here somewhere for that one!

Yea, now we just gotta see if DSIS will approve...I emailed her earlier, and I know it may all change once the park hours come out, but I just like having the rough sketch played out...so we'll see how it all plays out!! Once I get past this May quick trip, I can place all my focus on to September!! I THINK I got May all figured out!! There's another PTR on here somewhere for that one!

So what did DSIS think? popcorn::

She hasn't emailed me back yet!!! She's in AZ, and I'm in FL, so there's a big time difference...but she usually emails me at night, or whatever. She probably thinks I'm crazy! :lmao: She probably thinks I'm obsessing over this and can't figure out why we need to decide where to go for dinner this early out....:confused3 She just doesn't get it...BUT, she will, I'm sure!!! I'll let you know, once this may trip is done, then ALL my attention focuses on this trip....so she has about a 2 month leeway here! :rolleyes1

STILL no word from DSIS :sad2: My aunt told me yesterday that if she doesn't by the time comes to make the ressies, to go with my plan. She thinks my plan is pretty good. So, I'll work on Day 2 here in a little bit, when the morning rush calms down at work here!! :rolleyes1

Next up, Day 2, Animal Kingdom!!!

Alright, back to the planning!! HAHA DSIS's plan is NOT to be up with the chickens this day, depending on how late we're out the night before, but I DO want to get to the park around AT LEAST 10ish, for touring purposes! First up, as always is EE, I just LOVE that ride, DSIS and Ma haven't been there, and I know they'll like that...and then head over to dinoland, and Nemo show, after that work our way around, the bug show, Festival of the lion king, and then the safari ride. I KNOW they'll like that. They may not like the conservation station, so we can go there if we have the time, and fit in Kali somewhere along the way. I don't have a definate plan, just wanted to go with the flow for the parks, but had a good idea on what direction we wanted to go in. We'll leave here, and head over to Kona for dinner...I may change this tho, we're eating at Kona in May for DH, so if I like it, then I'll take Ma and DSIS there, if not, I'll change it. I do want to be back and in bed semi fairly early, since day 3 is Ma's birthday....That's gonna be a long day!!!

Also, we're upgrading to FW to the cabins, not sure if I mentioned it before, DSIS wants her own bed :rolleyes: I'm just glad she doesn't want her own bathroom too!!! :scared: So, my dreams unlimited lady, gave me a new quote, which is about $200 more...so I told DSIS that's her share!! :lmao: I think we'll be alright in the cabins, we can use the car to get around, I know my way around REALLY well there, so I shouldn't get lost hardly at all!

Next up...day 3, MA'S BIRTHDAY!! :cake:

I'm a rope drop kind of girl so I would be leaving DSis at the cabin :lmao: You're plan looks good. I haven't done Kona before so I'm looking forward to your trip report from the May trip. Can't wait to see your plans for Ma's birthday. I'm trying to figure out what to do for DH during our May trip. It will be his birthday on the 17th. He says he doesn't need special treatment but we will do something fun and unique. I'm thinking maybe a Segway tour.

Shoot, DH is just lucky we're gonna BE in disney for his birthday!! The original plan for that one was just to go over on the 19th, DS's birthday...I really hope we like Kona...and I HAVE thought of leaving DSIS in the cabin, and having her catch us later!! :rolleyes1 Ma and I are early risers, DS will wake up whenever, but Since we'll be at MNSSHP late, I REALLY don't need a grouchy sister, so this is the ONE day I planned on sleeping in a tad bit!

Hello bouncycat!!!!!!!
A Pirate room at CBR , that sounds so awesome! I'm sure your Ma is going to be thrilled with the trip.

We want to be at the night time EMHs as well. We are more night people than we are morning, that's for sure.

Yea, that's my sister too, Ma can always go back to the room, and relax, and me, DSIS and DS can go for more. We actually upgraded to a cabin at FW, cause DSIS was stressing that she had to sleep with Ma! Now we're all 'pooh sized' so sleeping together in a full size bed is hard. ESPECIALLY with DSIS...now I gotta keep reminding her that this trip is for MA!!! And, actually, MA is gonna MURDER me!!! My aunt was telling her yesterday that her and another aunt were gonna go in together and get her a nintendo ds for christmas, now, those things aren't that bad anymore, like $129, and she went thru the roof!! "do you know how much those things cost? Ya'll aren't spending THAT kind of money on me" That sorta stuff... I was just sitting there with my mouth closed going oh man, yep, I'm done, I'm dead!! LOL So, If when I go to tell her, if I don't post for a couple of days, send someone looking for me!!! HAHA

:lmao: Thanks!!! Glad to know my DISbuds are looking out for me!! :hug:
I'll work on the Birthday today sometime, when we're slow! :rolleyes1

Alright, had to do some switching with this one, and probably won't with this day, because I have 2 aunts coming to spend the day with us. We are a pretty tight knit family, and all Ma's sisters stick together, and celebrate together, so I offered to my Aunt who helped with the bosses to come over for a day, and she GLADLY said okay, so Her and my other Aunt who is in a wheelchair is coming over, and they requested Magic Kingdom. I did want EPCOT, mostly for the birthday dinner, but Ma is the type of person that doesn't care, she just wants to be with family! So, she'll be IN MK for her birthday, with 2 of her 3 sisters, BOTH of her daughters, her only kids BTW, and her ONLY grandson!! HOW COOL IS THAT GONNA BE FOR HER?? She's gonna be on :cloud9: After she kills me that is!! :rolleyes1 Anyways, If I know my Aunt Donna, she's gonna want to be up with the chickens, and be there when it opens. Which is fine. I'm like that too. Aunt Donna hasn't been there since my cousin was 5, and she's now 36, so it's been a while, and has COMPLETELY changed!! So, this is what I got penciled in.

Get to MK, and go towards fantasyland first, then work towards toontown, tomorrowland, and then towards adventureland, probably after the parade. I have Tony's penciled in for the birthday dinner, this may change, when DSIS finally gets back to me on her choices. BUT, since we have 2 extra's joining us, we won't be able to hop very easily, and we'll take our time since we'll have one in a wheelchair. I am tossing up the idea of going straight to adventureland, and working around that way. I KNOW they'll want to hit the christmas store, which is fine, I LOVE that store, and that's where Ma will probably spend her birthday gift card! If she doesn't spend it on my son!!

My thoughts on this day is to try to fit in as much MK as I can, for my aunt who hasn't been there in 31 years! I'm not sure when my other aunt was last there!! So, full Day of MK, WITH 2 aunts, I'll need to start looking up disability stuff, to see what all Aunt Judi can do, she can't transfer too much, so I gotta do research for her. But, she's the type that's happy to be included! If we go on a ride that she can't do, she'll be happy as long as we back her up somewhere that she can just watch people. She's happy doing just that!! So, let me know what you think about this day, I have a set of the happy birthay mickey ears that I wore for my birthday, not sure if I can get Ma to wear those, but I'll try my hardest!! :rolleyes:

Next up, Day 4!!!!

Well, little update first, DSIS STILL hasn't gotten back to me! :headache: I sent her an email earlier asking if she was still alive, and why is she ignoring me!! :lmao: So, we'll wait for that reply. Aunt Donna and I are working on the birthday rides and stuff, cause Aunt Judi is in a wheelchair, I spent yesterday going thru the list of rides from the disabilities thread, and explaining in my opinion how it would be for her, and if she can do it, etc. Mostly the hight of the ride vehicle and stuff, can you tell I'm bored at work? :rolleyes1 Aunt Donna had an idea to tell Mom the weekend before, but I think we should do it earlier then that. So Ma can have time to save some of her own money, I KNOW she can't go anywhere without buying something for her grandson!!! :sad2: I don't know a Grandma who can!! :rotfl: I've been thinking of around July 4th, but can go into early August...once I get the WHEN down, I can work on the HOW!! Maybe August 1st we can go up and have dinner with her, and drop the bomb on her. My Aunt thinks she'll be thrilled, I think she will be AFTER she kills me!! Anyways, back on topic.

Day 4. I'm really on the fence on this one, it'll either be Epcot or DHS. I REALLY wanna try out Coral Reef for dinner, but I KNOW DSIS doesn't want to spend a full DAY in epcot, so I'm torn. This one will probably stay a mystery until the park hours come out in June. I was thinking of possibly doing DHS in the morning, then hopping OVER to Epcot, but I'm just undecided at this point. I'm not a big fan of either parks, but I'll do it for Ma. I want her to see as MUCH as possible. We did just do Epcot a little over a year ago, so we shouldn't need to hit too much in that park. I dunno. I want to get to DHS on whatever day so we can get a fast pass for TSM, I know they'll both like that, and ride RnRC and TOT before it gets TOO :crowded: SO, this day will be more solidified in June. Day 5 we'll do whatever we didn't do this day, since it'll be checkout day. These 2 days depend alot on EMH's, and park hours and such. And whatever we decide on for Dinner. So, these last 2 days will be a work in progress!! Any input anyone has will be very much appreciated!!

From DSIS, FINALLY!!!!! :headache: She basically says that She's there, she just lets me ramble on, and she likes the plan so far, and thinks the cabins are narrow!! :scared: I'm sitting here thinking she ain't gonna be happy unless she's in the BIGGEST suite disney has to offer, for Value Resort prices!! :sad2: So, I told her we'll be fine!! She says she'll butt in if she has any questions!! Lord have MERCY!!! She's gonna make be crazy!!!! But, that's alright, end result will be very nice!! :dance3:

glad to hear that things are going well! I wouldn't tell her TOO close to the trip...she might try to sabotage it!:rotfl:

I don't think she will if I tell her it's paid for, and we can't change it cause we're inside the 45 days!!! HAHA ALWAYS a way around it!! She'll be mad at first, cause of the $$ involved, but after that wears off, she'll be excited and very happy to go, and have fun!

I think your plan is good. Get just inside the 45 day window and let her know. If your Ma is like mine even if she's mad she wouldn't want her baby to lose any money. After the initial shock she will love you for being so thoughtful.

I think your plan is good. Get just inside the 45 day window and let her know. If your Ma is like mine even if she's mad she wouldn't want her baby to lose any money. After the initial shock she will love you for being so thoughtful.

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking Leamom!! I'm just glad my sister got back to me, was beginning to wonder!! HAHA The upgrade to the cabin is complete, and I REALLY don't want to have to change it again!! SO...once the park hours come out, we can finalize those two days, that's literally making me crazy, not having a plan for those 2 days!! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter