Surprising Little Miss -March '16 {NEW Update: 10/10} Quick Life Update 10/29

Gracefulskinny

DIS Veteran
Surprising Little Miss

20160319_181958_zpstrt57snv.jpg

Greetings all! For those that have followed over from my last TR :welcome:! For all the new folks joining us :welcome: to you as well! This trip was a bit different from our other trips for a few reasons. Firstly, the main purpose for this trip believe it or not was not Disney this time. In fact, we didn’t have plans to get down to Disney at all this year. I had a close family friend getting married in Orlando and we decided that we couldn’t travel down so close to Disney and not find a way to add some magic to our trip. Thus the plan to Surprise Little Miss with Disney was born. Our Trip dates were: March 17 th – 21st.

Going into this trip DH and I decided to use the short trip as an experiment to try out a few things. Going in we were wondering a few things:

- How would we feel about the Dining Plan after giving it a try.

-How would we feel about staying in the value resorts and is it something we could make work on a longer trip.

-How would we feel about the bus system at a resort that doesn’t have issues with having to share with multiple stops?

-How would we feel about driving around the world and how would we feel about staying off property in the future?

-With only one park day would we end up feeling deprived at all?

-After trying a short trip how would we feel?

So who are we?

20160318_102734_zpspxtyvkbc.jpg

Well we’ve got Little Miss, our 3 1/2 year old cutie that is quite the social butterfly, has no comprehension of the word stranger and loves all things Disney and Disney Junior with a special love for Doc McStuffins and the princesses. She is our little Dancing Queen and party animal and is starting to show signs of being a true diser at heart.

20160319_110829_zpsa4qfbnkn.jpg

Next we have my wonderful DH who on rare occasions can be found here on the disboards under the name PirateFuzzball. Definitely not a full Disney Nerd I have been slowly converting him throughout our marriage. His favorite Disney stuff is Star Wars (as you may quickly guess biased on his shirt choices.)

20160318_1642260_zpszivm68uz.jpg

Last we have me! A Stay- at- Home Mommy Disney Nerd that spent a few years of my childhood taking Disney for granted but found myself missing it dearly once we moved away and day trips were no longer possible. There has always been something special about Disney that has held a place in my heart and I have always dreamed and longed for the day that I could share it with my own daughter. It’s a dream come true to be able to share my love of Disney with my daughter and to experience the magic through her eyes.

For those familiar with my TR we will once again be doing the game and a few of you even have a few points awarded from the PTR. We’ll start the game now with a few questions before the first update.

~ What time did we get on the road?

~How many stops did we have to make?

~How many (If any) times did we end up needing to use the emergency just incase supplies?

Last edited:
Yay, you've started! I'm here eating lunch, so will guess later when I can type without food in between me and the keyboard.

Whoo hoo! I'm here. So I can't remember when you were supposed to leave, so I am going to wing my guesses here.

I am thinking you got on the road about 5am (edited!)

3 stops

And being very optimistic here...no emergency supplies were used (because you were prepared for it of course)

Also wanted to mention that the wedding picture is beautiful!

Last edited:

Ok I'll play since I'm here from the beginning this time.

Time on road was 5:15. Stops: 4. Emergency supplies: 1.

Yah! So excited for the TR!

Lookit you guys all gussied up. Great picture!

Firstly, the main purpose for this trip believe it or not was not Disney this time.

Gasp! :eek:

(kidding)

Next we have my wonderful DH who on rare occasions can be found here on the disboards under the name PirateFuzzball.

Did not know that.

What time did we get on the road?

5:20

How many stops did we have to make?

How many (If any) times did we end up needing to use the emergency just incase supplies?

I'm hoping not more than... 1

What a beautiful family photo. I can't wait to hear how it went.
1. 5:00
2. 4
3. 0 pixiedust::banana::cool1::thumbsup2

Beautiful family! Anxious to hear all about your trip! We are pondering staying a few days at a Value Resort on our next trip then moving to a deluxe to surprise the family for 2 nights at AKL and possibly 2 nights at our go-to resort Boardwalk Villas. Curious to see how you like the value resorts!

I'm in! Loved your last trip report!

The family photo at the wedding is lovely! From the photo near the partners statue, it appears it was very crowded while you were there. Yikes!

I'll guess you were on the road at 4:45 with 3 stops and had to use the emergency supplies 2 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter