Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

this was another point that you hate as a parent, you think that you would learn the first time to not get angry with a situation like the night before, but we found that we did get upset again when we left nemo.
It is all a learning process and do we always get it right as parents, nope, do we sometimes fail, yep, do we crash spectacularly after having a similar situation less than 24 hours earlier. absolutely. just learn to move on and keep trying to get it right.

::yes:: That's right, Dan. It's the best any parent can do. :thumbsup2

we have one more shot coming up this day to see if we can figure out how to work with and solve the whole getting scared on rides event. but that is a story for another chapter and another day.

and sorry for so much time from the last update, i just figured out how to find my pictures onthe new photobucket.(i hate there changes.:mad:)

It's not the easiest to use, is it? :sad2: :rolleyes:
Once you figure it out, it's not so bad. :)

I stumbled on to your trip report about a week ago & finally just got caught up on my lunch hours! Love it!

Great stories & pictures & adorable family!!

Can't wait to keep reading!

And love the Chi-town pic! I love that city as well. So much, I live there! :)
:welcome: glad to give you something to read during your lunch breaks...
if you want to read anything else during your lunch breaks, there are other reports in my signature.

what part of the city do you live in?

What letters did you get? Mackenzie and I can try and get all the letters for you while we're there. :)
i will have to go back and see what ones i have and let you know.

thanks would appreciate it.

It's not the easiest to use, is it? :sad2: :rolleyes:
Once you figure it out, it's not so bad. :)

it is frustrating at first but i think i have all the settings where i want them now...just wish they didnt change it.:crazy2:

Definitely taking the baby to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I am sure he will like the train ride alone.

Chapter 35. Lets see if you learned anything yet smarty pants.

Here are a few photopass pics i forgot to include from earlier in the day.

Noelle doesnt seem to impressed of this guy wanting to take our picture.
Photo0505FourBySix_zps936bf797.jpg

but we enjoyed the family shot despite a little girl who doesnt seem that happy.
Photo0508FourBySix_zpsda4ef1ff.jpg

After we left the dino area we knew we still had time to stop for something before the next lion king show. originally if we had stayed for the whole nemo show we most likely would have had to miss this great as it would have cut in close between the two shows so maybe this was a good thing parker didnt want to stay.

it was on to see pooh and the gang.

First up was winnie the pooh, park had no problem running over and giving him a almost knock down hug and getting him to sign his book.
Photo0523FourBySix_zps71361c0d.jpg

noelle on the other hand was a little more cautious of the big fella.
Photo0531FourBySix_zpsbe406e2f.jpg

but she came around and had her book signed and got a picture.
Photo0533FourBySix_zps7884f4b5.jpg

eeyore had the big hug from parker as well.

DSC04778_zpse483d9e4.jpg

she was digging eeyore though and happy to see him.
Photo0541FourBySix_zps0053b472.jpg

Photo0545FourBySix_zpsbab642e4.jpg

now here is what we came for parker loves tigger it is his favorite of all of the pooh and friends.
Photo0547FourBySix_zps85e1c6c0.jpg

tigger had an extra long hug, not a mickey DHS type long hug but a good one for the stripped fellow.
Photo0551FourBySix_zpsb30ffb15.jpg

noelle thought he was okay and interested to see what her brother saw in him.
Photo0555FourBySix_zps78b7c842.jpg

a little playful tickle and she was almost won over.
Photo0556FourBySix_zps4c847051.jpg

i can only image what noelle is thinking as tigger puts his arm around mommy for a picture.
DSC04787_zps6da9110f.jpg

well ill at least fake interest to get this picture over with so i can walk away from this big fella. ill just hold mommy really tight while im up here.

Photo0566FourBySix_zps42eba38b.jpg

parker on the other hand had one more request...

a little hopping with his buddy tigger was in order.
DSC04789_zpsf04ded9b.jpg

DSC04790_zpse424a66b.jpg

so how was that hopping session parker.
DSC04791_zps8405c958.jpg

on the way over to the lion king show.
there was a band playing across from the flame tree bbq stand so we stopped to have a listen and let the kids dance around a little bit.

here is the performers up on the front you can see all there fun outfits they were wearing for the dance.

the kids had a good time dancing around.
DSC04794_zps10925f68.jpg

and another one of the kids dancing with just them in it.
DSC07475_zps787dcf88.jpg

we made it to the lion king show with about 5 minutes to show time which was perfect timing.

allthough a certain someone did hit the floor when the lights went out.

we knew he would love this show we just had to think fast.

so i let him sit at my feet the first few minutes then once the animals were coming out i calmly bent down by him and explained what was happening and asked if he wanted to see.

he did so he came and sat on my lap.

i have seen the show many times so i would tell him before things happened what was going on and what to expect and show other things that characters/performers were doing to keep his attention going.

and it worked.

so we learned a little something from the morning events.

and the best thing parker said he loved the show and would def. see it again. that is a win in my book.
:thumbsup2
and since everyone has seen a ton of pictures of the show just two from me.

one panoramic from the dance scene
DSC04811_zpsec6b41a1.jpg

and one of the final dance number.
DSC04819_zps55e09b9d.jpg

Cute pics with Pooh and friends

You could tell Noelle really liked Eeyore:goodvibes

Glad Parker came around and enjoyed the Lion King Show :thumbsup2

Glad it all worked out for the best.

Parker is soooo excited to see Tigger and the gang it really shows.

Noelle is learning from Parker that the big fuzzy guys are okay.

Great job with FOLK and Parker. Glad he liked the show.

OMG That picture of Parker after he bounced with Tigger put such a huge smile on my face!! There's no doubt he loves T-I-double GGER!!!

Aw I love the Winnie the Pooh characters! Cute pictures.

I haven't seen FotLK in a long time! I think I need to see it next trip.

Great pictures of Parker hopping with Tigger. It looks like pure joy.

Nice job talking him through the LK show too. Good save!

I don't know if you've tried showing him YouTube clips of rides at all, but that helped get my kids over some of their fears.

Cute pics with Pooh and friends

You could tell Noelle really liked Eeyore:goodvibes

Glad Parker came around and enjoyed the Lion King Show :thumbsup2

thanks sharky,
i was happy too, i think we finally figured out the scared during the shows thing.

Glad it all worked out for the best.

Parker is soooo excited to see Tigger and the gang it really shows.

Noelle is learning from Parker that the big fuzzy guys are okay.

Great job with FOLK and Parker. Glad he liked the show.
me too, he really had a blast with the characters this trip and even though she was hesitant a bit, she still really enjoyed them as well.

OMG That picture of Parker after he bounced with Tigger put such a huge smile on my face!! There's no doubt he loves T-I-double GGER!!!
glad it could make you smile.:) he really does love tigger one of his favorites.

Aw I love the Winnie the Pooh characters! Cute pictures.

I haven't seen FotLK in a long time! I think I need to see it next trip.
it is a really good show, we have always enjoyed it each trip. i have seen plans that they are going to move the location of the show hope they dont close it down while they are moving it.
by the way, I love your panoramic shots! Is that with your camera or phone?
all of them are with my camera...it has a panoramic mode that automatically stiches them together for me...even shoots them in 3D if i wish, but i dont have anything 3D to watch them on.:rolleyes:

Great pictures of Parker hopping with Tigger. It looks like pure joy.

Nice job talking him through the LK show too. Good save!

I don't know if you've tried showing him YouTube clips of rides at all, but that helped get my kids over some of their fears.
you should trip hopping with him next time, i bet you would have a blast.:thumbsup2

i have thought about it but didnt do it, might try that for next trip on some of the bigger rides to see if he would like them....thanks for the reminder.

That is so cute that Parker bounced with Tigger! Great update and love the photopass pics!

thanks, he had a blast doing it, had a list of things to do with the characters when you meet them and i think this was the only one i remembered to tell parker to do.
need to try hard next time.

they were things like ask buzz to go into Latin mode etc...

Those are some great character shots! You know Eeyore is my favorite! Love him. Great shots of the family.

I also love your pics from FOTLK!

Fun update. Love AK!

Those are some great character shots! You know Eeyore is my favorite! Love him. Great shots of the family.

I also love your pics from FOTLK!

Fun update. Love AK!

we always seem to have great interaction with them at that spot...i tried to not take as many pics during the shows this time and just enjoy them, but still really happy with the ones i got.

AK is growing on me, we used to be there at open then leave by 1 or 2 now we seem to stay there alot longer...this day in particular we stayed later than we ever have....more on that coming up soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter