Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by FauntleroyFAN07, Oct 8, 2012.

1. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

that is a appropriate title for that cruise.:thumbsup2

well i think the fall is off the radar for low time, although i saw alot of pictures from october around the second week and they seemed to be pretty low again. so might just have to push the trips back a few more weeks to hit those up.

thanks glenn.

yep i like the middle ground of those smileys...well done glenn.:) i figured you could come up with something.

i was happy with the firework pics but not thrilled guess we need to work on those.

i love cosmic rays a few years ago they were one of the only places left that still had the hot cheese on the topping bars, now that is coming back at more of them.

it does make you hone your skills weaving through those crowds and you cant have tunnel vision have to see the bigger picture.

waiting in long lines at the end of the day i did notice there were more buses for AoA than others, wonder if having all sections opened when we went helped with that, didnt want quests to have bad experiences with the resort via bus routes right away.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

The kids hugging picture is just so precious! Remember that moment when they get older and fight!

Wow, you made it back fast! Awesome job! :thumbsup2

I've never seen a Mears bus doing that before!

4. FauntleroyFAN07

i plan to put them all in an album for them and when they are fighting with each other for punishment they have to sit hold hands and look through it together.:rotfl: seems good to me.

i have never even seen a regular ME bus before pick up people so it was really different thats for sure.

5. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Obviously Noelle was simply giving you an accurate assessment of the ride. :rotfl2:

D'oh!

Let's see how this plays out.

Use your inside voice, dad!

Nobody calls me chicken!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It's amazing how well you can use unsuspecting people as a fullback.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

The pictures turned out great!

So, what did they name after you?:confused3

6. FauntleroyFAN07

i like your break down of the scenario.:lmao:...i def. used my fair share of fullbacks on the way there and back, i like that wordage thanks.

thanks, i was pleased with the night pics as well, just have to perfect the craft fully now.

they sent me a mears bus to ride home in that night.::yes::

7. FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 29. Water Park Teaser

I dont have time to do a full blown update on the water park so ill do a teaser right now.

Hey something is better than nothing right.:confused3

Friday the 28th of Sept. was a nice warm florida day and perfect for a water park day.

We Slept in and all were up by 7:15...thats good for us.::yes::

Breakfast was the Sampler for Candi, which had a little bit of everything, parker had the kids waffles which had a choice of matter and mqueen or the little mermaid, he chose mater and mcqueen. I had the make your own omlette with ham cheese, and little bit of peppers it was very good.

Hopped back to the room to get ready for the water park.

Parker was out the door first and ready to roll.
    [​IMG]

According to the time stamp took us 8 minutes to get to the busses.
    [​IMG]

And since i dont think i have shown the bus stations here yet, you can see for the most part they are fully covered so you will be out of the sun.

[​IMG]

our bus arrived and we were making our destination with 20 minutes till park opening.
    [​IMG]

i have lots of pictures from this day to show the themeing for those that have never been.
    [​IMG]

we stuffed the locker full with our gear. and waited not as long as the BB day but still 5 minutes after the regular opening for the guards to get there positions.

it was to the crush and gusher first to ride...the kids and the other adult waited in the little splash pull and played around while we took turns each going down once.

then it was over to the kids splash area for a while via the lazy river. the kids were having a ball in the splash area so i went back really quick with parker to get the camera

he wanted to stop and get a picture in front of the wave pool
    [​IMG]

zoomed in a little more to see the wave pool
    [​IMG]

and what the paths look like in TL. very tropical.
    ::yes::
    [​IMG]

thats all i have time for now, but still have about 40 more pics of this day in TL...so will share more in the continuation of the water park day.

have a great weekend everyone.

8. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up with your report. I seriously neglected the Dis over the holidays!

9. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Nice little teaser for Typhoon Lagoon. The kids look so cute in their "water park clothes and hats."

Have a great weekend; can't wait to read more about the water park.

10. Trentmom

Trentmom <font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas

Thanks for mini update

Kids look cute in their gear

Can't wait to hear about your day

11. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

ITA with the others, the kids are so cute in their waterpark gear!

Jill in CO

12. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

The kids are adorable in their waterpark gear and I love the closeup of Parker. Ah, Typhoon Lagoon and a warm day sound like heaven right now!

13. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

Okay, so finally all caught up.............

That is too cute! I guess there are many places it is appropriate to say......."When you gotta go..........."

In spite of how wonderful it is to have digital cameras and see all the colors so well, there are times that a Black and White picture just WORKS......and that is one of them! I also love how well the Mickey addition to the color picture really sets it off.

So cool............need to look for those next trip!

That is just crazy, but good for you guys not letting it bother you and ruin your day. I guess even at Disney there are any number of times our days could be ruined if we let them.

Such a Cutie pie!!!

Yeah, well what red-blooded male could resist THAT smile!!!

Have to agree......great job for the little Princess!!!

Four cuties..........I guess they didn't want to mess up the picture...............

Now, that's no way to talk about Candi...........

Looks more like that "soaking it all in" expression..........

Parker should have held up one crooked finger on his other hand and asked for a High SIX instead!!!

Didn't you try to use Noelle as your excuse on the previous ride???

Enjoy that while you can. The day will come..............

Too funny..........

Hey Dan, who ate the icing off of YOUR cake???

I hope aFOOT is a little lower than this situation seems to indicate...........

It's a world of laughter, a world of...............

Ah yes, the sights, sounds and smells of Disney!!!

Nice..............

Such a sweetie! Great job she hung in there that long with such a busy day.......

That kid is such a "poser" but I guess when you are that cute.............
    Yeah, I see what you were trying to zoom in on...............

14. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

All caught up here. So much to comment on, I think I may have missed 4 updates. :faint:

Noelle seems to be taking to the princesses when she figures out whats going on.
    However she may not be a IASW fan. :rotfl:

CoP and no pictures of the bulliten message board? ;)

Need to get back to Cosmic Rays- Always seem to be over by CHH instead.

Not one but 2 parades- and a great time at that.

Wore the kids out and tossing the stroller under the bus- that must of felt good.

Wave pool huh? I see what you are doing......:beach:

15. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

The Wave Pool would be my favorite and the Lazy River !! The kids looked sooo cute all dressed for the Water Park!!! Looking forward to more pix !! I really think we need to add the water parks next family trip !!

16. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I thought I'd missed another update then I realised Marv had come out of DISretirement !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

17. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

DISretirement.............you are proud of that one aren't you??? :sad2: How many threads does this make you've used it on now??? :rotfl:

18. emilyindisney

emilyindisney DIS Veteran

All caught up after my trip! :cool1:

Love the quick TL pictures! I've always liked that park so much more than BB but I suppose it all comes down to what type of water thrills you enjoy. Can't wait to hear more!

19. FauntleroyFAN07

its okay things come up and get in the way, glad to see you back and all caught up, hope you had a good holidays.

thanks, they enjoy them as they love the water.
    thanks it was a good long weekend, and almost time for another weekend to get here.

thanks, hope to have it up tomorrow, just got back from a long weekend and almost time for another weekend.

thanks, water park days are great nice and relaxing and usually means we have a meal at one of our favorite dinner spots for the night.

20. FauntleroyFAN07

it sure does when we are sitting in this teen weather. i could go for it right now.

yep trying to zoom in on the wave pool, why what are you talking about. :confused3;)

honestly glad to see you around again though. stop being so busy next time.

you have the same mindset as marv, i actually didnt see it until i looked at home. if i did i might have tried to zoom more before i took it. :sad2:

i do enjoy a good lazy river, but usually not a good idea to fall asleep now with the little ones, maybe when they get older in there though.

i think you guys would enjoy them they are a ton of fun.

ohhh burned marv

this is the only one i saw it on so far so i enjoy it keep up the good work rosie.
    :)
    hope you had a great time, how was it?

plan to have the rest of thew ater park day up tomorrow.

21. FauntleroyFAN07

real life intermission.

didnt have time to finish the rest of the water park chapters but will finish them up tomorrow...

also like the past two years i have been shaving my head to help raise money for childhood cancer research...

last year my tally was a little over 1,600 i raised the event went for over 65,000 so that was awesome.

if you would like to make a donation to this send me a PM and ill get you the link that you can donate online for the cause. ill post pictures as the time comes when it is shaved.

sorry no new update earlier this week, candi and i dropped the kiddies off at grandma and grandpas and hit the road. we went to a state park and stayed at the inn for a few days tagged onto the weekend.

but first on the way down we stopped at a local brewery and had a little beer sampling.

[​IMG]
    they were good and we talked to many locals, which were very friendly.

then we figured we were driving through another town that had a winery so might as well stop there as well we were in no hurry to get to our destination.

[​IMG]

finally that evening we made our destination. very cool bed.
    [​IMG]

had two tables and a TV stand around the corner.
    [​IMG]

as we enter the bathroom we see the Jacuzzi tub that i knew candi would enjoy.
    [​IMG]

but we didnt see the fridge that was suppose to be in the room, then we found it...it was hiding. behind the bathroom door.
    [​IMG]

i can say this is the first time i have ever seen a fridge on the counter in the bathroom...it cracked us up the whole time.

"whats that hun, you need a drink, hold on let me go to the bathroom and get you some more wine." :lmao:

this state park has awesome trails so when the temperature gets down to the low teens what are you too doo, but bundle up super good.

thermals, long sleeve, sweatshirts, snow pants, hats, gloves, cant move good time to roll out.
    [​IMG]

some things to consider when hiking, first is get prepped which candi did.

then find the trail.
    [​IMG]
    check
    observe your surroundings in case you get lost so you can find your way back out.
    [​IMG]
    check

take a self portrait so you can be identified if something happens to you. (dont mind the dumb colts hat, thats what i get for letting a colts fan pack my bag and she leaves out my bears hat.:rolleyes:)
    [​IMG]
    check

make sure you take many breaks to not get over tired in the cold temps.
    [​IMG]
    check

find a suitable shelter in case you get stuck and need to spend the night in the woods.
    [​IMG]
    check

get a ice dagger to throw at animals in case they are charging you for disturbing there winter hibernation.
    [​IMG]
    check.

practice ninja kicks on ice so you are limber enough to fight off those crazy animals you may encounter. this is a video.
    [​IMG]
    check

checklist complete.

enjoy the hike.
    [​IMG]

we came upon the ladders.
    [​IMG]

then our favorite trail with the walls to climb up with footholds, and walk across the ledges.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was at this point we heard a shallow/muffled breathing and sort of grunting of a animal. so i yelled back to show i meant business and to not mess with us.

after climbing down the wall ledges and the stream this is shows what we just climbed down.
    [​IMG]

then an older couple took our picture farther down we warned them to not go up the falls as it was pretty slick and we didnt think they had good enough shoes to hold there traction...he told me later that night by the lodge fireplace that he was happy i told him as it was slick and they turned back before they went to far.
    [​IMG]

when we got back to the nature center we spotted a wall that had the animals that could be found in the park, and we think this is the guy that was up in the hallowed out wall of the cliff that was making the noise down at us...glad we got out of there.

[​IMG]

so all the time for today but will be back tomorrow with more, hope everyone enjoyed and sees why i wasnt around this week...it was a good relaxing time to sit back and do nothing.