1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by FauntleroyFAN07, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Always great to get away alone, isn't it?

Nice one! :thumbsup2

Do you own a shotgun yet? :confused3

Another great shot!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Maybe you could have joined the Blue Man Group over at Universal.

I agree. Boats and monorails are rides in and of themselves. I'm sure Parker approved.

I love riding around the Epcot loop at night and seeing everything lit up.

:cool1::woohoo:

Maybe you don't need that shotgun after all.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Glad you got a nice little getaway for your birthday. A surprise party too!!!!

Usually love taking transportation but sometimes you just get stinky timing.
    You hit it right and you are golden, hit it wrong and it can be neverending. :rotfl2:

Noelle seems like a pistol. So happy that Chef Mickey's worked out character wise. That age can be hard

Nice day trip to Chicago and I would love to get back to NYC to see it during Christmas but the cold and crowd keep making me rethink that. :sad2:

Ninga touching Minnie and then showing off her shoulder..... You ARE going to have your hands full.

Parker seems like he is enjoying those car vinylmations. A nice collectable. :thumbsup2

4. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

im sure next trip we will add to our collection. :rotfl:

that is when you take them over to there house and when they are not paying attention just walk out and leave a note saying u will be back in the morning have fun.
    :thumbsup2

thanks,
    it is a good place to get pictures of the hotels with the sunset in the background.

it was a good no park day.

thanks rosie

thanks, even though her biting is bad, when she goes after parker it is kinda cute she wont stop till she gets him or gets really mad if she doesnt.:rotfl:

last week while shopping she couldnt get him in the cart, so she bit onto his hood and would not let go.:rotfl2:

thanks kathy.

we enjoy getting a picture there every trip, will be fun to look back and see how they have grown from trip to trip.

thanks, we had a great time away.

she is a hand full thats for sure, but we will keep her it just shows her personality perfect.
    okay so no family night movie got it.:thumbsup2

that stinks hope you didnt get any stuck in your teeth while driving through them, :) the boats are great but sometime they do get really windy, but still worth it.

5. FauntleroyFAN07

sure is, we have another one scheduled next month.:thumbsup2

nope but i have a great prison story to tell potential door knockers.

with this glow stick it would have been the green man group:rotfl:

like father like son, we could ride disney transportation all day long without going in a park.:thumbsup2

it is a great ride, very neat to see from that vantage point

im teaching her early why do you think i dont always stop her beating up parker, teaching her the trades now.::yes::

it was a good get away...and the party was very nice.

very true there, seems like there is not much in between.

pistol indeed.
    she did great for us...we were very proud of her.

you dont need to got to NYC, come to chicago instead.:thumbsup2

thats why i keep letting her beat up on parker, getting her tough.

he loves them and the micey vinylmations, we are up to 13 mickey ones in our collection now, candi just got me 2 for my birthday.:thumbsup2

6. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Happy belated birthday!

I really love that panoramic of Contemporary and BLT! My DH loves shooting those panoramic shots, but that is one we have never gotten.

:rotfl: Love the Pluto Pillow Pet vs. Noelle throw down pics. :lmao:

7. TMGosizk

TMGosizk Mouseketeer

Haven't had many chances to comment for awhile...okay a long while...but I have been reading and really loving your updates!

So, first, happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a great one!

Blizzard Beach looks so fun! I've only been once and was maybe 8? And that was now 18 years ago!! Jeepers, that long ago?!? It was a fun day, but I remember liking the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon better at that time! Haha! That was the only trip we have made time for the water parks! But, it looks like you and your family had a great day there!!! Which makes me want to try them out again on one of our next trips!

Love Chef Mickey's! Eaten there for dinner a couple times, but usually do it as our departure day breakfast every trip!! We've never had a bad time there!!! The picture of Noelle touching Minnie's hand is precious! So good to see she's warmed up to the characters!! And of course, it's really exciting seeing your pictures and how absolutely thrilled Parker is meeting the characters! He was just thoroughly enjoying every second and taking in each experience!

We get pictures at the Mickey ears every trip too! It's such a great tradition!!!

Those are spectacular pictures of the Contemporary from the dock! That panoramic shot...oh my! So beautiful! I can't wait to be back there---277 more days for us! :-D

Can't wait to read more! :-) Have a fantastic weekend!

8. FauntleroyFAN07

thank you very much.

if he wants it let me know i can send you the full res version...or just tell him you need to go back to get your own.:thumbsup2 show it to him and then it might spur a trip.

she has some great wrestling matches. which she usually comes out the winner of.

not a problem, there are alot of things going on that get in the way of DIS time, like i wanted to do more updates this week and didnt get to it.

hope it isnt hurting my readers interest.

the wave pool at TL is def. much better...but overall we like BB better.

a good reason to go back to them since you havent been in so long.

we love chef mickeys but have never been for breakfast one time we tried to do it but never made it.

i was glad she warmed up to them and didnt scream when she saw them just got a little shy around htem.

it is a good spot of pictures glad yo uenjoy it as well.

thanks, i enjoyed using that camera function even though i didnt take as many as i wanted.

thanks you have a good one as well.

9. FauntleroyFAN07

well i had plans to do an update this afternoon but after hearing about the terrible news out east today just didnt feel in the chipper report writing mood...hope everyone has a good weekend and give your kids and family and extra hug when you see them.

praying for those families and those involved out there. :hug:

10. Trentmom

Trentmom <font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas

Such a senseless tragedy

:grouphug:

11. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Happy Birthday again. (I think I said it on Facebook). :confused3 Anyway it sounds like you had a good one.

Great update and pics. The glow stick made me chuckle but scary if it had gotten into your eye.

Sounds like a fun way to get back tot he resort. I love the boats down there.

12. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed your birthday, Dan. I can't believe you are 30 - that means my DS is headed for 30 next. Makes me an old lady.:upsidedow nice you could get away as a couple!

Love the pics you took at the contemporary. You got some great scrapbook worthy shots!

13. FauntleroyFAN07

i know wasnt it.

thanks scott, and yes you did.

it was a great birthday.

i want to drive a monorail when i retire, parker said he wants to drive a boat but has now changed his mind again, so i might have to switch to boat those seem like fun as well, or maybe both.

the little boats are my favorite.

yep officially in the 30 range. your not old, just distinguished.
    :thumbsup2

they are some good ones...i will have to see if they made it into the scrapebook candi is working on.

14. Imagineer5

Imagineer5 DIS Veteran

Whew getting all caught uP! Your off the shoulder dress comment had me laughing out loud! That little girl is just too cute!!

Your transportation back to AoA had me laughing too, though had my husband suggested all of htat I'd have wondered if he had hit his head! Cute photos though and I love that family photo spot, so adorable!

I'm impressed Noelle can stay up so late, and it doesn't seem like she sleeps all that much during the day? Ugh it was always so tough getting in what we wanted to do while Aria was awake!

15. FauntleroyFAN07

thank you very much.

it is fun to take disney transportation, you should take him on a tour like that and see what he thinks :goodvibes

we have learned to not even try and stick to a regular sleeping schedule at disney, that they will sleep when they are ready or tired, and not to stress ourselves out about it and try and force them to lay down at a set time.

makes them falling asleep at night much faster as well.:thumbsup2

but everyone is different and different things work for different folks::yes::

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Sorry that I've had trouble keeping up. It's a busy time.

Awesome shot dude! I love it. :thumbsup2

He just ran through a swarm of lightning bugs?

Nice update. Looking forward to more, but feel free to take your time. :laughing:

17. FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 21. Finally in the Magic Kingdom part 1

hope most of you are still there, been busy the last week.

on with the show.

We were now in Disney World for a few days and have yet to step food in the MK, i know what were we thinking right.

So alarm goes off at 6, parker is up by 6:15 we wait to wake Noelle up till 6:45 shove some Delicious muffins and drinks down there throats and hit the door at 7:10.

We were at the MK gates by 7:50 and it was already open so we head to the lockers and stash some stuff for the rest of the night. which was a good idea.

It was time to head into the magical land we all love and adore, but not without stopping for a map, parker loves the maps so was thrilled to get his own.

almost to the main street to see that wonderful castle.
    [​IMG]

we round the corner and spot not only the castle, but the trolley which the kids loved...and sadly we never ended up getting on.

on the list for next time though.

ohh and that stupid crane in the background.

[​IMG]

we make it a point to hit the photopass person and while we are getting noelle out of the stroller i tell parker to go up and have his own shoot he does not shy away from that.
    [​IMG]

and a few photopass ones.
    [​IMG]
    his face cracks me up in this one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then we get the whole family in there for some fun.

[​IMG]

after our little photo shoot we head off towards the castle.
    [​IMG]

and for the first time see what it looks like without dumbo behind the carousel.

[​IMG]

of course it looks different now, but this is what it looked like of the mine ride.
    [​IMG]

i enjoyed seeing the new detail of the road as we enter the dumbo area.
    [​IMG]

this is what the new detailed area of the stroller parking looks like.
    [​IMG]

to the left is the entrance return for the fast pass to the right is the stand by entrance to dumbo.

[​IMG]

and likewise im sure most of you have seen pics of the new dumbo queue but if not, here is what the waiting area looks like now.
    [​IMG]

you walk through till you get to the area where they ask if you want to go straight through or actually go into the play area and wait your turn.
    [​IMG]

a view as we walk past the play area.
    [​IMG]

and straight out to the ride.
    [​IMG]

parker ready to fly high with dumbo.
    [​IMG]

looking back at candi and little tink ready to fly high
    [​IMG]

she loved the wind blowing in her hair.
    [​IMG]

i personally enjoyed the water under the dumbos i liked the extra touch it gave the ride.
    [​IMG]

looking out over the new construction that was going on at the time.
    [​IMG]

one ride down it was time to head back through the line and see the play area.

part two in next post

18. FauntleroyFAN07

continued.

so that is what we did.
    a dumbo hanging from the ceiling.
    [​IMG]

part of the little kid play area.
    [​IMG]

the climbing area
    [​IMG]

more of the climbing area.
    [​IMG]

this time candi and parker road together and me and noelle flew with dumbo.
    [​IMG]

after we were done with the dumbo. we headed right next door to the great goofini ride. this is one of parkers favorite rides.

[​IMG]

the first ride was with me, we liked how they changed the ride up and the new additions that they added to it. the entrance is now where the old exit used to be. candi hung back with noelle and right behind them was the new splash area for the casey junior train...we meant to bring clothes for them to play in here but never got around to it.
    [​IMG]

with the first ride of the train done, it was time for parker and candi to hitch a ride....
    [​IMG]
    i forgot all about my speed setting to take rapid fire shots but still was able to get some good movement shots of them on this ride.
    [​IMG]

i enjoy the faces they are making on the ride.
    [​IMG]
    parker looks like he is scared to death but is actually having a blast he loves this ride.

my little tinkerbelle waiting patently for the next attraction.
    [​IMG]

and the detail in the sidewalks are very well done, notice the bear paw prints.
    [​IMG]

on the construction walls they had posters all around we wished they would have moved the lights up a little bit so we could get that out of the picture it would have made for some nice framed prints in there rooms.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

but this one looks good without the light on it. so that works.
    [​IMG]

will try and squeeze in another update tomorrow but we will see, if not hope everyone has a great Christmas and enjoys some family time if you are able to partake in it.

19. FauntleroyFAN07

not a problem glenn, i have been really busy lately as well and sorry i havent gotten more updates in. but at least you are here more than marv so thanks for that:thumbsup2
    knew you would Mr Panaromic;)
    that should have been my response i loved it thanks.

nope to late you already asked for the update so i did one for you.:goodvibes

20. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

YAY for MK :cool1:

I will be gald when the mine train opens up and all the walls are finally gone. ::yes::

I love all the pictures.... Dumbo the kids you and Candi, everyone is just so happy and having a great time. :thumbsup2

21. Trentmom

Trentmom <font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas

Noelle looks so cute in her Tink Dresss

Love the new dumbo area. We rode it at night and it looks awesome all lit up

Play area is a blast :thumbsup2

Great photo pass pics of parker and whole family

Can't wait for more

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas pixiedust: