Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by FauntleroyFAN07, Oct 8, 2012.

1. jillybeene71

jillybeene71 Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

Im so excited to read this...were heading to AoA in 32 days!! Keep it up, I am lovin your report!!:thumbsup2

*edited to say your kids are so cute...Ive been reading your reports since before Parker, the last time I saw Noelle she was just born. You and Candi did good!! lol

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bottzz

Bottzz Mouseketeer

thanks hope they helped you out some on your trip...our first breakfast there is coming up a few days down in the trip, but some of the things we had there that were good was the breakfast sandwhich was really good, it was a chicken burger(think ground seasoned chicken in the form of a patty with a mickey shaped egg on it, with a little bit of a spicy sauce, not too spicy just right...and served with breakfast potato casserol...very good i had that at least 2 mornings.

there french toast was really good according to the wife, and dont be afraid to ask to substitute the sides that come with them.

the platter was pretty good as well, came with the portugues sausage, i really enjoyed it candi didnt care to much for it.

anyway just wanted to let you know about the breakfast since i wont get to that before you go.
    oohhh they also have build your own parfaits that she liked.

good luck with your online check in.
    The menu pics are so helpful :thumbsup2 My 8 3/4 year old son is very picky :rolleyes1 So not having to eat PBJ is a plus in my book.

What activities did they have in the evening at the pool for the kids? I am hoping they will have something for Halloween we are not doing MNSSHP. :yay:

PS.....The online check in was quick and easy. :cool1:

4. dancin_princess

dancin_princess DIS Veteran

Parker's being excited about school because of the big girls cracks me up.

I like Parker's song "sometimes you just gotta, gotta go to Disney World"

Candi's reaction to finding out you all were staying at AoA is so sweet, I had a huge smile on my face.

Wow, something was on fire as you landed? That's not something you typically see from a plane.

Happy belated Anniversary to you and Candi :)

I love the details of the rooms! I'm in awe. I saving and collectiong the soaps too.

I'm all caught up now! YAY!!!:dance3:

5. debjk4

debjk4 Mouseketeer

Great TR! Can't wait to hear more!:thumbsup2

6. Riles_and_Gabe

Riles_and_Gabe DIS Veteran

What a great TR!! My 3 year old saw the pictures of Radiator Springs and is beyond excited. We are definetely going to check out the resort while we are there next week. Looking forward to reading more of your trip!

7. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

Nice pictures of the cars section. We would love to stay there.

8. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

The Landscapes of Flavors food court is one of the things that I think is awesome about AoA. I love that they offer different kinds of foods that are not typically associated with a food court.

Ohhh, create your own burger always sounds like something good.

Hahaha, Noelle looks so cute in that picture, like "Mommy! I need food now!"

All of the Cars characters look so shiny and new! Definitely one of the benefits of you being there so soon after resort opening.

Woah.....dude that's some H2O haul.

9. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Just catching up !!The decor of the Mermaid rooms is amazing !! I just think a 13 year old boy may not want a Mermaid room, when we go in 2015 and Judy would be BIG time complaining about the walk:rotfl2:So I will have to go myself or with other Dissers to stay there !! I did hear they will be changing the menu as the Mongolian type cuisine is not going over well !!

10. cherbear

cherbear DIS Veteran

I'm here now, and thanks to your handy links I'm all caught up too!

That shower looks pretty stinkin' awesome! (well I guess you don't come OUT of there stinkin, I would hope you smell pretty good ;) )

thanks for such great detail and pics Dan! Please don't be so hard on yourself. You have hardly missed a thing!

I especially enjoyed the food pics, and learning about all there is to eat there, as I am thinking of staying there for our next trip.

The cars pics were especially awesome! They all look so shiny and pretty!

Lastly, your kids are just cute as ever! Noelle is just getting so big! I now know firsthand how fast they grow up. But to think that Harper will be as mobile as Noelle appears to be in only 9 months from now, it boggles my mind!

I might have to steal your 1st bday party idea! I was thinking about Minnie Mouse, but the pixie theme is cute :)

11. cherbear

cherbear DIS Veteran

Dan, you crack me up!!!! :rotfl:

12. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

well glad to see you around again and hope you enjoy the rest of it.

very very true...
    are you going for two rooms at pop otherwise?
    not too much more than two standard rooms...just think of the newness.:)

see he wants it too, cant dissapoint him now can you.:thumbsup2

13. FauntleroyFAN07

:confused3 what the hair looked funny sticking straight out over the ears...needed a little something.

Time: was my wifes suggestion,
    Scissors: was mine.:lmao:

14. FauntleroyFAN07

The chapter title is a little thing we called a trip sound bite...

Also Highlighted in red will be reasons to go back (as you need a reason to go back to disney)

Our first full day had arrived...it was time to get the party started.

Im guessing that parker was so snug in his bed and ready for the Disney World action that he slept like a hard log.

All tucked in the night before..
    [​IMG]

Apparently he had no clue he slept, because he asked me that when he got up.

candi and I were up by 6:50, which was 7:50 at home and way later than we normally sleep...the alarm was set for 7:00, so we woke the kids up before it went off so they could hear the message from Mickey and Stitch.

Before the phone rang parker asked us that question,
    Did I close my eyes last night?

Apparently the first day was alot for him and he was knocked out.

But soon enough we were all dressed, and ate up some of the wonderful muffins the wife made at home...and were out the door by 7:50

We made it to the bus stop by 8:00 and were seeing the arrival of our bus.

Noelle was ready to go, the headband would not last long at all.
    [​IMG]

Parker was pumped and already had asked us for his autograph book, cool kid on the bus ready to go.
    [​IMG]

that book was a grea deal, we wanted something bigger this trip that he could put pictures of him with each character on the page next to the autograph...the small books they sell there are a little too small and he has one of those completely full...the ones they sell with pictures sleeves dont really come with many pages in them...so candi got this one from the movie rewards site...tons of pages and big and sturdy for many more trips to come.

According to this nugget of information we were on our way to the park by 8:09.

As we were walking up the gates, we saw Donald, Daisy, and Minnie coming outside the gates to sign autographs...Parker said he wanted to wait in line to get in the park, and see them later...Daisy was the only one we didnt see later in the trip.

[​IMG]

We had forgotten to bring there autograph pens, so i went and bought them each one, didnt need two but for some reason i thought noelle had to have a princess one.:rolleyes1

I had been reading that they were now letting people into Hollywood Studios or MGM as i reffer to it as, 15 minutes early now since they dont do the pre show, and also to cut down on the mad sprint to the main rides.

so by 8:45 we were let in and on our way down the street.
    [​IMG]
    Not to many crowds heading in,
    [​IMG]
    but the guy at the first corner did tell people to keep walking, even though no one was running, and that to come his way if you wanted to sign up for the jedi traning school/academy they have...being as parker has never seen the show or cartoons we skipped out on this and didnt even bring it to his attention...but next time, we will be all over that one.

Now straight ahead i see the Large column that you walk under to get to the animation academy and playhouse disney area...to the slight left, i see the stairs leading down to the TSM area and where the crowds are headed...I quicky thing that there are no ramps that way we must go this way. :headache: thinkink about the stroller and 4 wheeling it down them with kids in the stroller wasnt an option according to candi

I lead my family toward the giant walkway arch. to which parker says
    "daddy you know all the short cuts"

i am beaming with pride...

a little ways up, we round the corner past the mermaid show, maybe 10 seconds later we are nearing the stairs, and "the ramp" that is right next to the stairs...
    [​IMG]

my response
    "huh, i guess there is a ramp there after all"

parker
    "daddy see there is a ramp, we can use"

me
    "thanks buddy, we will use it next time, it must be brand new":rolleyes1

candi parks the stroller, i get fast passes for later on, and we near the line to find it has taken us 6 minutes to walk the "wrong" way to the ride park the stroller get the kids out, and head in line..not to shabby.

[​IMG]

15 minute stand by, how did that many people get in front of me...we head in to the first ride of the trip.
    [​IMG]

all the while noelle is pulling on different candi clothing parts, the whole way through the line, i think she really wanted down to get everything.
    [​IMG]

uhh nevermind mommy dont put me down his eyes are a little scary looking.
    [​IMG]

Besides stopping for the picture with Mr. Potato Head we keep moving right past the glass pickup.
    [​IMG]

up the stairs and straight ahead toward the wall, turn around.
    [​IMG]

keep moving and finally stop once we reach the corner where you can see the ride.
    [​IMG]

Noelle gets her first glimps of the ride and is in aww of it.
    [​IMG]

Its time for some midway games.
    [​IMG]

our chariot of choice is non other than jessie
    [​IMG]

the ride is great parker is thrilled and i see him taking his time throughout the ride aiming and then fireing...he hasnt learned the art of fire uncontrollable at everything you see...our final results. Even though we have the game at home that hooks to the TV, he still takes his time fireing.

[​IMG]

best in vehicle baby.
    [​IMG]
    now granted, 4 of the 8 seats in our "vehicle" were taken up by my family one who can barely see where he is shooting the other two one is on the others lap and tending to noelle.

but there were 4 other people in the attached car, and i smoked them all.:cool1:

see how serious during the ride.
    [​IMG]

lets see the arrival time of our next fastpasses we picked up before our ride.
    [​IMG]

huh, it is still 8:58 what to do now...i know follow me.

Next time we do something we have never done before. also my photopass CD should be here by then, so you will start getting those pictures in the following chapters.

15. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

"the ramp must be brand new :rolleyes1" Ha! :lmao: Must keep that Disney Expert rating! The reasons to come back in red are a hoot... yet very practical, I'll be jotting them down thank you ;)

16. AlohaLucie99

AlohaLucie99 Seeing the World through the eyes of my baby

Joining in. Your family is so cute. I love how your boy was concentrating so hard on TSM. I'm planning a trip later this year and, whilst we will be staying off site, I'm going to try and visit AofA. My little boy will love all the Cars and Nemo figures.

17. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I remember them installing that RAMP very recently;):rolleyes::rotfl2: Why is poor Candy doing all the Child carrying :confused3????? Parker looked sooo serious about his shooting !!!!:goodvibes

18. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

LOL....yes new ramp.

Love TSM, one of my fav rides. Nice that you got to go on before the official opening of he park. Congrats on the big score! ;)

19. Riles_and_Gabe

Riles_and_Gabe DIS Veteran

That is great info to know about the park opening early. This year I am determined for us to make rope drop each day. We function better in the morning anyway so we can get a lot done. Can't wait to read more!!

20. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

Nice update and great that the crowds were so good for you! Nice recovery on the ramp, but then you spent the past few months being quick on your feet keeping that whole AoA thingy a secret! :rotfl:

Can't believe Parker beat you that badly on the TSMM scores, and shame on you for claiming his high score in the vehicle like that!!! :headache:

21. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I'm pretty sure I saw that announcement in the Disney updates: Test Track refurbishment, new Fantasyland, and brand new ramp in Hollywood Studios. :rolleyes1

Nice job getting to TSM early. And that score is excellent. I suck at that game. :rotfl2: