Surprise Trip to Disney Ruined?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mufasamatt, Oct 17, 2011.

1. mufasamatt

mufasamatt Earning My Ears

We are surprising our son with a quick trip to Disney World for MNSSHP tomorrow night! We are flying out in the morning and he still does not know we are going. He thinks they are dropping me off at the airport for a business trip. We are going to tell him in the parking lot at the airport!

Here is the problem. According to weather reports, the weather tomorrow is supposed to be terrible. We only bought tickets to the party and are depending on entering the park at 4:00 pm. We are flying back out the next morning, so we have no time to spare.

We have decided to continue with our plans, besides a rainy day at Disney is better that a sunny day at home!

One question: what does the weather have to do before they cancel the MNSSHP? I know a refund is out of the questioned, but will we be compensated somehow if it is?

It would bother us too much except that this is a surprise trip and it is only for one day!

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

The party will go on rain or shine. Some of the character meet and greets and shows may be canceled, affected or moved to drier ground. Also, the headless horseman may not ride if the ground is too slick. They will shoot fireworks in the rain.

Otherwise, rides should be a walk on.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go

I believe you can get in the park early. Also, if you are staying on property, leave your resort early in case the bus takes a long time. We were at DW one year and felt so bad for a family at the bus stop. The kids were all in costume and the had been waiting almost an hour for a MK bus because of the party.

4. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

There was a downpour one year we were there for MVMCP.....and while the park stayed open, pretty much everything was closed down. Some rides were open if they were inside, but all shows, parade, fireworks, any outside rides were closed.
    They were giving one day passes as compensation.....we were lucky and could book a different evening of our stay.