Surprise trip at Caribbean Beach!** Switched to Animal Kingdom Lodge :)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Disneynutbsv, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Disneynutbsv

Disneynutbsv DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>If I had kept

Booked a free dining trip for next August for me and my husband! It will be our 20th Anniversary:) We haven't stayed at this resort before!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. rusty4

rusty4 DIS Veteran

Your surprising your DH with the trip? How fun!! Will you keep it secret until then? Congratulations on 20 years!

4. addiln

addiln DIS Veteran

great resort and great idea for a 20th anniversary. we stayed here for our honeymoon and loved it

5. weswife

weswife DIS Veteran

Congrats!!!!! 20 years is special for sure!!!!!!

I like the CBR! I would stay there again! It has an island feel! Love the beach! I liked the food court, always found something to please everyone. It is a spread out resort but as adults I would enjoy that! We found it too spread out travelling with our DD she uses a wheelchair. Also our younger DS got tired. As adults we loved it and would have an evening stroll! We have an older DD to hang out with the others so we could do this!

Enjoy your trip! Happy planning! I love planning the trip!:goodvibes

6. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Congrats! I think you've made an excellent resort choice. We surprised our son with a birthday stay at the CBR a couple of years ago and we were declared to be "the best parents in the whole wide world".

I have lots of pics of the resort in both of my trip reports if you want to take a look at them. Just click on one of the links below. The "Who Knew Choking......" report is the most recent (from May of this year). I'd love to have you come over and chat.

7. Disneynutbsv

Thanks everyone! I'm going to keep it a secret until its paid for:)

8. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Hope you're able to keep it a secret. I'm sure it'll be hard to do but it'll be fun revealing the surprise to him.

9. Muligan21

Muligan21 Earning My Ears

You'll love the CBR! The first time we stayed on grounds was at this resort. It is absolutely beautiful. To be "moderate", it is hard to imagine, once you're there, how anything could be much nicer.

Congrats and enjoy your trip!

10. Mom2SamandCass

Mom2SamandCass Mouseketeer

You will love it there! We just got back from an 8 day stay and it was so beautiful! Happy Anniversary and have a great trip.

11. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

This is an interesting thread for me. I have a surprise trip booked for my wife's birthday (I won't mention the number but it's a major one;)) in November. So far I've managed not to slip up but I'll have to tell her soon.

It's a long weekend for us (and yes, I'm adding a couple of days on) and it seems she is getting antsy about "going somewhere" for that weekend and I'm afraid she'll give up on me and just make some other arrangements on her own.:)

Anyway good luck keeping the secret.:thumbsup2

12. kellydizfan

kellydizfan DIS Veteran

We have stayed there twice. On our Honeymoon - it will be 20 years in may then again in 96. We really liked Martinique if you can get it as it is close to the food court area and main pool. It is a beautiful resort.

13. Disneynutbsv

:thumbsup2 Good luck to you too!

14. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

What fun! Congrats and happy planning!!!:wizard:

15. Disneynutbsv

Well.....I was playing around on waltdisneyworld . com and found out that Animal Kingdom Lodge was only $200 more! So we are moving there. I still want to stay at Caribbean Beach, but for our 20th...and its affordable, we are moving to Animal Kingdom Lodge...