• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise for the wife

Papa Sal

I like pie.
Hello DIS Dads.

I'm taking my wife and daughter to the World for Christmas after being away from them for 6 months. I get back home early in December but during that time we will be in the process of moving to a new state. My wife has had her hands full holding down the fort. She is getting the house packed up and taking care of everything that goes along with selling a house. I would like to do something or get her something to show her how much I appreciate all the hard work she has done in the time that I have been gone. I would like to surprise her with it when we get to Disney.

So DIS Dads...any ideas on how to show her how much I appreciate what she has done? She does not have lavish tastes or expectations. I know she would appreciate the gesture more than how much I actually spend on her but I have no problem dropping a pretty penny.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Disney florist? They have all sort of neet things that you can have set up to be in the room for when you arrive. Here is the link --> www.disneyflorist.com/ .

If I could make a recommendation. Set up a spa treatment at Saratoga Springs. They have various packages available. There is currently a $50 off coupon on the Disney website also available.

While your wife is getting a relaxing massage, take your daughter and do a Bippity Boppity makeover, or just let her pick a few rides, attractions at the park and create some special daddy/daughter memories.

Hope these help!

The florist is a good idea. Or maybe talking to the hotel you're going to and having them deliver chocolate covered strawberries or other treat? I did that once for my wife and when we got to our room, they threw in champaigne as well. But even if you do "nothing special", you are likely to have many magical moments on your trip! Have a great time!

I went through the disney florist and got my wife the Princess package they had. I comes on a silver platter (Literally), with chocolates, a single rose, a honest to goodness Glass slipper, tiara, bracelt, and a Certificate declaring her a Princess framed in a sweet silver frame signed by whatever Princess you think is her favorite. She absolutley loved it. Was around $200.

When we were in Disney last year I surprised my wife and daughter with a Pearl from the Pearl place in Japan (sorry, can't remember the actual name) There's a kiosk in the marketplace as well. You buy the oyster, they open it and set you're pearl for you in her choice of settings. Price is anywhere from $30 to hundreds depending on the setting, somehow getting the pearl that way and picking out the setting makes it pretty special and they both love them and wear them constantly. Not a lot of money either.

If you've been away for six months, may I suggest a gift of time (that will cost some money as well). How about setting up a reservation for the kids at The Neverland Club (kid's club at the Polynesian) or one of the other kids' clubs. They'll serve dinner to the kids, and you can make a reservation for a romantic dinner for just the two of you. We did this last year, with dinner at California Grill. Make it for a late dinner, and you can watch Wishes from your table, or from the CG's observation deck.

When we were in Disney last year I surprised my wife and daughter with a Pearl from the Pearl place in Japan (sorry, can't remember the actual name) There's a kiosk in the marketplace as well. You buy the oyster, they open it and set you're pearl for you in her choice of settings. Price is anywhere from $30 to hundreds depending on the setting, somehow getting the pearl that way and picking out the setting makes it pretty special and they both love them and wear them constantly. Not a lot of money either.

It's called Pick A Pearl.

I gotta say - all the ideas are awesome.

How about getting a professional Family portrait when you are there?

I agree with the PP about giving time to your wife, time and effort will mean more to her than a bunch of flowers. Here's what I would do...

Go over to the creative disigns thread and enlist one of the talented people over there to create you a "Thank you" pass, something like a a Fast Pass To a Special Day. That you can print on card and give to her.

Then plan a day that is entirely about her.

A spa treatment grab the coupon like the PP said over here

Arrange a special dinner for the 3 of you then drop your daughter off at one of the kids clubs and take your wife for a romantic walk along the beach to watch wishes.

Maybe arrange an "in-room" thank you gift to be delivered to the room for when you get back from Disney Florist.

Make a day of it!

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. It's going to be hard to decide what to do. I might just try do everything, it will be Christmas after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter