1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by RNMOM, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RNMOM

RNMOM BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

Is anyone else a fan of this show? I have become recently and even joined Netflix so I could watch all the past seasons. This is a lot of watching as they have 22-24 episodes a season x 7 past seasons. I think I only have a few to finish.

I just love sci fi anyway so put these two hunks and that gorgeous angel into the pot and I'm there. The best part is the writing though. Lots of humor mixed into the slicing and dicing of goblins, ghosts, demons and whatever else they encounter.

I have even been looking into attending a fan convention. Oh my. At my age too. (58) :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WowLookAtThat

WowLookAtThat New Member

Love the show! My husband watched it from the beginning but I wasn't a big fan of it but once there was a sense of humor added to it I became a huge fan. Its a show with a great sci fi/paranormal/horror element added it that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's great!

4. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth New Member

I started watching the first season as it was on after Smallville and I loved it. My husband came home three years later while working the night shift and told me, "there is a show on the WB you have to watch next Thursday. I said 'Supernatural?' Yeah, how'd you know? It was kinda funny.

5. RNMOM

My DH has watched quite a few episodes with me and likes it too.

I love the phrases they come up with. My fav is 'meatsuit'. So descriptive yet so disrespectful at the same time. :lmao:

6. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth New Member

I don't think I'm aloud to put my favorite phrase on here!! Hint it is a dean saying. Castiel's take is also a favorite and happens to be my email alert tone. Dean's 'Pudding' is my regular text tone.

7. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine New Member

Oh yea, I have been a fan since the first episode. I am trying to play catch up this season though, I have been busy.

So many great episodes that will leave you laughing your butt off since they make fun of stuff IN the show.

GHOSTFACERS!!!!!! :rotfl:

8. Pea's Mom

Pea's Mom New Member

We just started watching it and are catching up on past seasons too. Love it. Great mix of humor and drama. Doesn't hurt that Sam, Dean and Cas are easy on the eyes too!

9. Desiree

Desiree <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

We just started watching it last October and we are a few episodes into this current season! We love it too!

10. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth New Member

Ghostfacers are great episodes. My favorites are Mystery Spot and The French Mistake.

I would also agree on the eye candy.

11. LoserMomma

LoserMomma New Member

My husband got me hooked on the show. We did a marathon of all the old seasons and I'm now caught up to the current episodes. I enjoy it alot.

12. laurie31

laurie31 <font color=red>Once had a roommate in college who

I love the show, deep dark depths of love! :love:

You are NOT too old for a con! Lots of people your age and older go (and I'm not THAT much younger), and I'm headed to my first SPN con in Dallas this fall! I cannot WAIT to meet Jensen and Jared in person!

There are Facebook groups for those going, or interested in going to conventions. Here are some links. The first one is a group for con "virgins" and the second is a group specific to the Dallas Con, but there are other groups for the other cons. I really wish I could go to the Vegas, Burbank, or Vancouver ones, but they are too far for me, and Dallas sounds awesome too!

https://www.facebook.com/rgriffin09#!/groups/274799399286541/

https://www.facebook.com/rgriffin09#!/groups/spndallascon/

If nothing else, you might like a group for SPN fans, and there are LOTS of them. These are my favorite ones:

https://www.facebook.com/rgriffin09#!/groups/supernaturalhq/

https://www.facebook.com/rgriffin09#!/groups/8078672420/

and this one is for fans of Jared, but anyone is welcome :)
    https://www.facebook.com/rgriffin09#!/groups/moosekateers/

13. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth New Member

Yes. My mother in law loves it and if we could afford to go to a con, she and I would do so in a heartbeat.

14. The Mystery Machine

Oh I am so jealous!!! :worship:Have fun!!!:banana:

15. RNMOM

I spoke with DH last night about the Con. His brother lives in Sherman Oaks so we could make it a nice trip to Burbank.... He woke me this morning telling me he wants me to do it. Now I feel guilty about taking that much money. :confused3 I'll do a little more research and decide later tonight or tomorrow.

I do feel weird going alone but we can't afford to do two gold tickets. Besides, he will be busy with his brother and nephew while I am busy with J2 and Misha. Especially Misha. ummmmmmmmmmmmm :angel:

16. RNMOM

I forgot to thank the PP for the links. I will put them to good use.

I think one of my favorite episodes is the 'The French Mistake'. I love the way they make fun of their real lives. What a hoot. "Misha? Misha?"

17. DLBDS

DLBDS <font color=red> Loves that Sweetened Condensed Mi

Been a fan since the beginning. Can't imagine TV without this show. We have all 7 seasons so far on Blu-ray. I asked the girl that does my hair recently if she watches it and she had never heard of it. :eek: Loved Felicia Day's appearances recently as Charlie Bradbury. Hope to see more of her in the future. Miss Bobby though. This show ranks right up there with The Walking Dead as far as I'm concerned.

18. DianeV

DianeV New Member

I really miss Bobby, like really. I have been worried about this season because the beginning wasnt too good but the last 2 episodes have been better so I'm hoping it stays that way

I love Yellow Fever (I think its called) when Dean has the being scared of everything sickness lol

19. The Mystery Machine

I hear you on Bobby.....:sad1:

Alright, favorite episode? Geesh....

It is the "con" one with the prophet. When they mention "slash" I about fall out laughing everytime.

But I do like the "Trickster" one with Dr. Sexy MD.:lmao:

20. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth New Member

My ringtone for random callers is the whole "family sitcom" bit. 'Town to town, 2 lane roads. Family biz, two hunting bros. living the lie, just to get by!'

21. RNMOM

I happy to see others like this show also. I did a lot of research and have decided not to go to the convention. I am not a squealy fan girl type and even getting autographs/ photos with them would make me pretty uncomfortable. Dumb, I know.

I think the events will go on even if/when the show ends. Heavens, there is still a huge number of Star Trek, TNG events.

I do love looking at all the videos on youtube so that is where I'll be and probably enjoying a new range I have to buy this year instead. :)