Supercalifragilistic Breakfast?

nlm74

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done it? My kids love Poppins and was wondering if it really is Supercalifragilistic?

Thanks.

Has anyone done it? My kids love Poppins and was wondering if it really is Supercalifragilistic?

Thanks.
Im not sure im understanding the 2nd part of your question. But re: the food at breakfast, its pretty good! Great bacon! Lol.

We went last year and enjoyed it. I loved seeing Mary Poppins as did my 3yo DD. She was not a fan of the Mad Hatter though so asked that we not return this year.

The food was good and if the characters are the ones you want to see I would recommend it.

It's fun because there is a variety of characters. Mary, Alice and Hatter being able to speak to you makes it extra fun, then throw in a little Tigger and Pooh and you can't beat it.

We did a really late reservation and were one of the last 3 tables left so we had a LOT of character time. Hatter is hysterical and really goes out of his way to interact with the guests and Alice, even if she's across the room. Mary was always in character and quizzed my daughter on her tidying habits, tooth brushing, respecting her parents. It was great.

Food was good too, they have made to order omelettes plus the basic Disney buffet breakfast stuff.

Where is this breakfast? I'm not placing it (perhaps because we did DLR in 2012 and found that 1 shorter trip there from the east was more expensive than our usual 2 longer trips to WDW so I'm in SERIOUS withdrawal at this point)

Where is this breakfast? I'm not placing it (perhaps because we did DLR in 2012 and found that 1 shorter trip there from the east was more expensive than our usual 2 longer trips to WDW so I'm in SERIOUS withdrawal at this point)

Its 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian Resort.

LOL -- I am laughing at myself big time now. We've done this one and I was just looking at pictures from that breakfast 2 hours ago (have some great ones of DS with Alice where she decided to play air guitar with one of his legs so that he was practically hanging upside down, then she chased him around the room tickling him until he turned to get her and she ran off giggling to the next family)

So to answer is it supercalifragilistic? From our experience, a big yes even if I couldn't remember the name of it :rotfl2:

This is close to the top of our list for character meals (I give the edge to Cape May purely because it is much calmer). The food is good (most breakfast buffets at WDW are pretty similar, with the exception of a dish or 2). The characters are great (I call the mix "England's Finest" since all the characters come from stories that take place in.... England... not everyone sees the connection of the characters). What we really like to do is take the last breakfast ADR of the morning, which is around 11:20. We get to MK for RD, spend some time in the park and then head out for "brunch". It's always worked well for us.

3 adults went last November & we had a good time. Except for pictures we didn't have much character interaction, but we weren't looking for it either. The characters were interacting with the tables that wanted it & that was fun to watch. We enjoyed the food too! Our ADR was at 10:05 on a Friday & it didn't feel rushed or overly busy. The characters made pretty good time going around the room--we saw Pooh & Tigger twice & we were there for a little over an hour.

We had a fabulous late breakfast there last April. Alice sat down at our table and talked to us for quite some time - my daughter and her friend that we brought had another friend who LOVES Alice, so she wrote a little note to Olivia (we bought her a tea cup and put the note in it) and then the Mad Hatter got into a huge conversation with DD, who was wearking a Pokemon hat, by asking her what was on her hat.

DD said "A poke ball!" and he said "What? A Polka Ball? You're the Belle of the Polka Ball?"

Mary Poppins (who we'd actually gone to meet, since DD has loved Mary Poppins since she was a tiny, tiny girl) was wonderful as well. It was definitely our second best character interaction of the trip. (Chip and Dale at Garden Grill were better, but that's because we were being troublemakers. :rotfl:)

We loved it. The food was wonderful and they had cook to order omelets. Mary Poppins was charming and Alice and the Mad Hatter were a hoot.

My dds had more fun with Alice and Hatter. The food is character buffet breakfast - good, but nothing super terrific. We have been a few times over the years and enjoy it.

I am SO happy to read this thread!! Once I make our ADRs on the 19th this will hopefully be our first meal at the World on our first day. Very nice to hear the food is good and the characters are interactive.
OP -- Thanks for posting this question!

Soooooo helpful everyone, THANKS!

This is becoming harder and harder to narrow down our character breakfasts. I have a 4yr old gal and a 1yr old boy. She of course loves Princesses but her favorite characters are Poppins and Alice. My boy loves everything Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. Was thinking Tuskor House and The Princess Breakfast at Norway, but may have to re-think this. I think 3 CB's would be too many.....not to mention my husband would kill me! :eek:

We were really looking forward to this meal and were disappointed :( The food was very good, but the character interaction wasn't great. The Mad Hatter wasn't outgoing or playful, and Mary Poppins only stayed at our table for a split second. You just never know what type of experience you are going to have at character meals, because they can be so different depending on the cast that day. We are going to try the dinner on our next trip.

We have done this breakfast and had great character interaction. The food was typical Disney Breakfast Buffet. We enjoy Disney Breakfast Buffets, so we have never had a problem with food at them, so far!

Our only issue at the breakfast was the quests and the organization of the breakfast bar. We felt like everyone rushed up to the buffet at the same time. The bar is very small to us. It was chaotic!

I am sure that is not the experience every time. We still joke to this day that everyone was starving that morning and turned it into a breakfast marathon!

;)

It's fun because there is a variety of characters. Mary, Alice and Hatter being able to speak to you makes it extra fun, then throw in a little Tigger and Pooh and you can't beat it.

We always have great character interaction at this breakfast. We love talking to both Alice and Mad Hatter (Mad Hatter is our favorite and one of the reasons why we keep coming back here), and when you get both of them together....:rotfl:. Also, the food is very good here, my favorite is the chilled strawberry soup, there is also a made to order omelet bar that is really good :goodvibes.

I would highly recommend supercalafragilistic breakfast and our visit to the GF for the morning ( this christmas - got to see the gingerbread hosue!). The only downside in planning is that we drove there. The parking situation is not awesome so maybe consider the Bus/Monorail instead.

We LOVE the food and the characters here. Admittedly, it is an entirely different experience if you get the "good" Hatter. There is one Hatter who is very sullen and not very much fun. If you get the "good" one, however, he's the star of the show. Other than that, however, it's fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter