Superbowl talk

Yeah, and as an adult, Payton has, more than once, violated the gag order on that case and made derogatory comments about the woman involved, trying to make her look bad. One of his teammates who was there even told him to stop telling lies about the incident and slandering her. Hard for me to have respect for a grown man who can't admit his mistakes and move on, but instead has to continue belittling a person who he harassed.

I'd have a lot more respect for Payton if he handled his college mistakes the same way, instead of compounding them as an adult.

he thinks the woman took the incident too seriously, and that she shouldn't have been in the locker room in the first place so it was her fault. He was just kidding around, geez! Women get so touchy when they have taint shoved in their face unexpectedly. . .

Everyone thinks Peyton Manning is a class act and is so wonderful, but he is completely the opposite. The sexual assault and then violating the gag order ...... disgusting. What he did and continue to do to this woman was horrible.

His leg could have been "concorked". What in the heck did they teach him in college?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-...ms-Panthers-didn-t-lose-because-of-his-fumble
Another interview, there is no other opposing player talking within earshot, so that excuse is gone.
Maybe the sun is in his eyes.
I agree, they didn't lose because of his fumble. They lost because he played poorly. They lost because of multiple turnovers and the Broncos defense was better than the Panthers offense. All Peyton had to do was not lose the game and that is what he did. We've seen this time and time again, when a QB has a bad game it is much more difficult to win a game compared to a running back or a wide receiver. When you have a QB that can do so much but then gets shut down in every aspect, there is no chance they will win against an average defense much less the best defense. Hopefully, Cam will learn from this and become even better. He is a good QB, no doubt about it, but I think he could become a great one with some time. The problem with QB's like him is eventually he will not be able to rely on his legs. I'd say in the next 2-4 years his running will no longer be a factor. He better become a lot more comfortable in the pocket or his career will follow in the steps of Donovan McNabb.

Well combining Newton's enormous ego with his no show at the Super Bowl sets everything up for an interesting season next year. I have read a couple of comments from other players calling him out on his behavior (they take more issue with him not going after his fumble). It will be interesting to see if they follow up with their play against him next season. The NFL has to love the attention.

I do seriously hope Newton does not follow the path of Vince Young. He went from winning the rookie MVP to falling apart very quickly. After being booed two years later he got upset and disappeared. The team and his family were so concerned that he was suicidal that they used the local media to ask for the public's help in finding him. He has had many problems since. These guys are well into adulthood and when they show such immaturity you have to wonder if there is a deeper problem.

Well combining Newton's enormous ego with his no show at the Super Bowl sets everything up for an interesting season next year. I have read a couple of comments from other players calling him out on his behavior (they take more issue with him not going after his fumble). It will be interesting to see if they follow up with their play against him next season. The NFL has to love the attention.

I do seriously hope Newton does not follow the path of Vince Young. He went from winning the rookie MVP to falling apart very quickly. After being booed two years later he got upset and disappeared. The team and his family were so concerned that he was suicidal that they used the local media to ask for the public's help in finding him. He has had many problems since. These guys are well into adulthood and when they show such immaturity you have to wonder if there is a deeper problem.
ITA. Newton's done his team no favors. He doesn't reflect well on himself, either. I'm sure there is help available to him should he need it.

Cam still doesn't get it. He's defending his actions and making more inappropriate statements today. He has a lot to learn. Josh Norman's press conference after the loss was emotional and raw. Of course, he was disappointed but he owned it and didn't pout and then storm off.

Cam just needs to mature a bit, and he certainly needs to learn that if you work so hard to get the spotlight to shine on yourself, you don't get to decide when it gets shut off.

If he couldn't manage to praise the team that just beat him, or acknowledge the mistakes he made - as a leader he could have at least praised his own defense that actually outperformed the Broncos defense statistically and gave them an easy opportunity to come away with a win.

So @asta I ask you, as a football fan, were you happy with the selection of the Super Bowl 50 MVP? Because you know drug use while in the NFL is pretty serious and speaks volumes to Von Miller's character. He was also the most fined player for dirty hits last year. I personally think that no player should be eligible for an award, such as MVP of the Super Bowl, if they've been suspended from the league at one time or another. I'll add Ray Lewis to being eligible for the HOF, as well as Adrian Peterson to my list, just so my message is not construed as a hatred towards Denver (since you know, it's pretty obvious I'm a Chiefs fan).

It seems that all you wish to do is focus on Cam Newton, his college transgressions, and a post game interview - when you have a drug using, cheap shotting linebacker who ALSO played in last nights game. Color me perplexed.

I'm pretty sure asta is a Peyton Manning fan, not necessarily a Broncos fan.

I'd like to get her take on the UT locker room incident with the female trainer also (which was verified by a teammate who was an eyewitness).

I'm pretty sure asta is a Peyton Manning fan, not necessarily a Broncos fan.

I'd like to get her take on the UT locker room incident with the female trainer also (which was verified by a teammate who was an eyewitness).
Sorry to disappoint but I will say there is much more to that story than is being quoted here. The prolific number of accusations and lawsuits would make anyone reluctant to speak.

Sorry to disappoint but I will say there is much more to that story than is being quoted here. The prolific number of accusations and lawsuits would make anyone reluctant to speak.

LOL! So it other words, you're a Manning fan so he can do no wrong. It's all okay. But when it comes to Newton, you'll take snap shots of his life and have them define him. In my opinion, Manning putting his junk on top of a female trainer and restraining her is way worse than theft. It shows his character at the time. Manning is not the squeaky clean image that he presents to the public. No human is perfect, and we all have flaws.

When Manning lost the SB in 2010, he didn't go and shake hands with Drew Brees. He just ran off the field. He gets a pass, somehow that's not unsportsman like conduct. Newton congratulated Manning on the field.

Here's a good article that you may want to read;

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-racial-double-standard-nfl-article-1.2524445

I never heard of the Manning sexual assault. Oh. What a disgusting man.

I wonder how he would feel if someone did that to his daughter? I wish reporters would ask those kinds of questions.

First off Cam Newton is not a rookie. Each season he has become a better QB than the he was the season before. There is also a difference between being shut down by a defense in a game and being a no show. Putting all the blame for this loss on Cam Newton's shoulders shows a lack of understanding of sports.

First off Cam Newton is not a rookie. Each season he has become a better QB than the he was the season before. There is also a difference between being shut down by a defense in a game and being a no show. Putting all the blame for this loss on Cam Newton's shoulders shows a lack of understanding of sports.
I understand football. Hard to win with two lost fumbles, one interception and inability to read defenses fast enough to make needed changes on the field. Sure the fantastic Bronco defense played a huge part. But when you are the self declared "Superman" and tell people that "they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to" you should be able to answer better to that awesome defense. When you talk like that you need to be able to back it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter