superbowl sunday

nsmama1972

Earning My Ears
we will be in orlando feb 2 to 12
planning 2 days at universal staying at hard rock for one night and off site the others with 4 days at disney

should we avoid super bowl sunday at either park?

we have breakfast at chef mickey the 10th , do we get a parking pass to park at the hotel ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just wondering why would you think you should avoid those parks?

Most people report that its just like any other early February Sunday. Maybe a little slower.

Thanks for your reply.
New here and to universal and thought this was the place to ask questions. i hadn't realized this topic was already covered.
No particular reason. Just curious if it would reflect on the parks.

I was just wondering because you may be thinking about something that I'm not.

Oh just noticed you just joined here. These kinds of posts would be best posted in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum.

I would only post here with questions specific for travelers from Canada like I don't know exchange rates. The above forum gets tons more traffic.

I've been there on Superbowl day and other than people wearing Jersey's its all the same ... not busier. Where you will see some change is in any bar, including poolside. I was at Animal Kingdom for one and you could hear the people at the pool bar cheer with every touch down (yes, I had more balcony door open). Not a problem though ....

Thank you. I was hoping more people would be sitting by the tv and less in the parks. I'm sure my hubby would want to take a peek at the game.He can stay at the bar .. LOL

Thanks for your reply.
New here and to universal and thought this was the place to ask questions. i hadn't realized this topic was already covered.
No particular reason. Just curious if it would reflect on the parks.

not at all. just looking for some sound advice.

thank you for the suggestion. I will move the questions there.
First off i noticed this was basically your first post on the DISBoards so :welcome: This is a great place to get help and guidance. I'm on the fly right now but wanted to let you know that you can ask anything and you'll get answers -- some will be helpful and others not so much. I find that the atmosphere "here", in the Canadian Board is a bit gentler at times --- it might take longer to get an answer to a more specific question like yours but you should see us sending you off in a more productive search. I'll poke in later with a few more concrete answers to this question -- let me give it some thought and I'll see what i can find :surfweb:

First off i noticed this was basically your first post on the DISBoards so :welcome: This is a great place to get help and guidance. I'm on the fly right now but wanted to let you know that you can ask anything and you'll get answers -- some will be helpful and others not so much. I find that the atmosphere "here", in the Canadian Board is a bit gentler at times --- it might take longer to get an answer to a more specific question like yours but you should see us sending you off in a more productive search. I'll poke in later with a few more concrete answers to this question -- let me give it some thought and I'll see what i can find :surfweb:
thank you so much!!!

we will be in orlando feb 2 to 12
planning 2 days at universal staying at hard rock for one night and off site the others with 4 days at disney
should we avoid super bowl sunday at either park?
we have breakfast at chef mickey the 10th , do we get a parking pass to park at the hotel ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ok, i've done a bit of research for you and here's some basic information for you to chew on and digest!

The parks won't be busy on Super Bowl Sunday because anyone who is interested in the game will be somewhere they can watch it! The crowds shouldn't be any different than a *normal* Sunday --- that's a very relative word when referring to crowds anymore but in this case it won't increase them.

For your breakfast with Mickey & the gang you have a couple of options
1) Drive directly to the Contemporary, (you will stay to the right of the lanes when entering the main parking lot and tell the person in the gate where you're going) give them your name & tell them you have a reservation for breakfast (you might hear/read the term ADR which simply means Advance Dining Reservation) and they will direct you to the parking lot you can use. This will allow you to park for free for 3 hours.

2) Is it a park day for you? If so which one --- if it's Magic Kingdom (MK -- i've decided to avoid the use of short-forms out to eliminate any confusion in case you're really new/confused!) you can instead simply park in the main parking lot, take the tram to the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC not to be confused with Toronto Transit Commission :P ) and hop onto the Resort Monorail and ride around to the Contemporary.

3) Your final option is to use Valet Parking at the Contemporary, it will cost you $25.00 +tip compared to the $20.00 for the main parking lot. You can then leave your car after you're done eating and either walk, ride the monorail or take the ferry to MK, or bus to the Studios or Animal Kingdom or get to the Monorail to head to EPCOT. When you're done at whichever park you can then return to your car.

Let us know if yo uhave any other question, happy planning!

A HUGE THANK YOU -Donald my hero- all your info.
I hadn't been back into the forum to tell to you how much I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
You are Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter