Superbowl on the Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ohanaMAMA, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ohanaMAMA

ohanaMAMA DIS Veteran

Anyone ever sailed on Superbowl Sunday? Does Disney do anything special?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. phoenixleigh

phoenixleigh Mouseketeer

I have no idea but Go Ravens! :-)

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

They show the game on the Dumbotron usually. On 7-night cruises they move formal night from Sunday because they know that people would skip dinner to watch the game.

5. Dizzyworld

Dizzyworld DIS Veteran

:banana::banana:

6. allaboutthemouse

allaboutthemouse Mouseketeer

GO RAVENS!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

There was a similar thread here a coupla weeks ago that said during the Super Bowl the Dream had a nice buffet on deck for the passengers watching the game on the Dumbo-tron.

Go Harbaugh coaches. (How's that for neutrality?)

8. STILLWISHING

STILLWISHING WDW Fan since 1973

Yea Ravens! Harbowl!

9. jenerra11

jenerra11 Mouseketeer

I will be on the watching the game on the Magic. Go Ravens!!!!!

10. Cats12

Cats12 Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder last Super Bowl Sunday. I know they showed the game in some of the public areas, but I don't remember it being anything too special. We were in the room with sleeping kids and spotty reception, so I really can't comment much on that. In the rooms, at least, it's the international coverage, so you can see the game, but NOT the COMMERCIALS!

11. emilykarpinski

emilykarpinski Earning My Ears

I was just on the Dream for NYE and they showed just regular football games both in the pub and on the funnelvision (regardless of network), considering they showed just a regular Dalla vs Washington game on the funnelvision I would obviously assume that they put the Super Bowl up there as well. And knowing Disney they'll do a little something special for it as well. Enjoy!

12. DVCNuts

DVCNuts Platinum At Last!

On the 1/12/13 Fantasy sailing, we saw all 4 Divisional playoff games. Reception was perfect even though we were hightailing it toward St Thomas. O'Gills Pub (687 on the Dream) had the games on all the TVs. Later games were also on Funnelvision. Also available on the stateroom TVs on the special events channel. No coverage of the pregame show however. Just the games themselves.

And no special buffet, but they may treat the Super Bowl differently. We got food from Cabanas and brought it in to O'Gills with us. They didn't mind, and cleared our plates when we were done.

My team won its playoff game on the cruise, but lost yesterday in-person. I should have done a back-to-back!

13. E ticket rider

E ticket rider Ferb's Evil Twin

They showed the Ravens-Broncos and 49ers-Packers games on FunnelVision and in 687 on the Dream last weekend.