Superbowl Fall-out...

Moosefish

Or should it be MOUSEfish?
Does anyone know how the 'I'm going to Disneyland' Superbowl thing will impact the park? Do they do a parade the next day or the next weekend or ??

We are hoping that the park will be dead on Sunday with the weather threatening showers and Superbowl but want to plan our days off around potentially busy days. Google is M/T do when know when the Superbowl festivities will be?

Thanks for your endless wisdom-

:lmao: I think the saying is, "I'm going to Disney World, but either way, I don't think any Superbowl watchers immediately book a trip after hearing some football players say it on TV.

Superbowl Sunday is pretty dead in terms of crowds, and there aren't any parades the next day or anything. DTD might be busy-ish with people watching the game, though.

haha, just a lot of bummed out moms and dads with their kids... :D

however ESPN Zone would probably be PACKED!

Shouldn't affect DL, but I think in the past they've had a parade during the week after the Superbowl at WDW. Don't know if they do that every year.

:rolleyes1 OOPS!

I always thought that it was "I am going to Disneyland" and then they had some sort of parade or something for some of the players. I was looking to avoid the draw from having the players there - not from folks taking additional vacations because of it. (Are folks really that gullible?) Since the Superbowl is in AZ this year I figured it would be a quick dash to California to do the talk shows and make an appearance in Disneyland.

Well, you all know what they say when you assume...

I think the saying is, "I'm going to Disney World"...

I always thought that it was "I am going to Disneyland" and then they had some sort of parade or something for some of the players.

It's actually both - they have the player(s) say each phrase and then show the DL version in the west and the WDW version in the rest of the country. And they have players actually visit both DL and WDW, with a parade as Moosefish was thinking. At least it's been done that way in the past...

It is disneyworld. We were there for our honeymoon. it was not really packed at wdw at all or the next day when the mvp came. We got a couple of pretty darn good pics close to him.

It's actually both - they have the player(s) say each phrase and then show the DL version in the west and the WDW version in the rest of the country. And they have players actually visit both DL and WDW, with a parade as Moosefish was thinking. At least it's been done that way in the past...

THANK YOU!!! That explains so much....I was starting to feel like I had gone crazy. I am west coast and know that since I was a little girl they have ALWAYS said "Disneyland". I couldn't have been hearing it wrong for all of my 29 (ahem :rotfl2: ) years.

Eli Manning comes to Disneyland
From wire reports
Article Launched: 02/04/2008 08:03:59 AM PST

ANAHEIM - New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will take part today in a parade down Disneyland's Main Street, USA -- a day after leading his team to a 17-14 upset victory over the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Scheduled to join him in the parade are youngsters from the Tustin Pop Warner football team, a Disneyland spokesman said.

Manning's time in Disneyland will be brief because he also has appearances scheduled today in Phoenix and New York.

The parade is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.

No...you're NOT crazy! I live in BC Canada, and the commercials we see are always "I'm going to Disneyland!"

I guess they tailor to which coast programming airs in!

I was thinking the same thing. Always heard "I'm Going to Disneyland"

How neato would that be to see the parade, anyone going take pictures!! I want to see them!

They actually record both Disneyland (for West Coast) and Disney World (for East Coast). While these may air cross coasts (if Disney has a reason to only air DL or ony air WDW, both is usually the case). It was originally "I'm going to Disneyland" as said by Giant, Phill Simms.

I still remember when Nancy Kerrigan went to Disney World (or it might have been Land...that part I don't remember) after winning her silver medal and she was caught on microphone being really snotty about the whole parade. Memories...

We were at Disney this morning and they cancelled the parade at the last minute. I guess the Giants must have partied too hard last night. :woohoo: They didn't really let people know. It got around by word of mouth. We didn't even know there was going to be a parade until we heard it was cancelled.

I saw a news report that showed a picture of the float and that Eli was a no show, but they must have still done the parade because all the little kids were still on the float. How sad, I bet those kids had been told they were going to get to meet him, too. :(

I heard him say "I'm going to Disneyland, baby!" in the commercial I saw last night on ESPN...

that stinks that he wasn't there, though...

I live in San Diego and this morning Eloy said, "I'm living the dream. I'm going to Walt Disney World."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!