Superbowl Fall-out...

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Moosefish, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Moosefish

Moosefish Or should it be MOUSEfish?

Does anyone know how the 'I'm going to Disneyland' Superbowl thing will impact the park? Do they do a parade the next day or the next weekend or ??

We are hoping that the park will be dead on Sunday with the weather threatening showers and Superbowl but want to plan our days off around potentially busy days. Google is M/T do when know when the Superbowl festivities will be?

Thanks for your endless wisdom-

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. actionvaughn

actionvaughn <font color=navy>Death<br><font color=royalblue>Th

:lmao: I think the saying is, "I'm going to Disney World, but either way, I don't think any Superbowl watchers immediately book a trip after hearing some football players say it on TV.

Superbowl Sunday is pretty dead in terms of crowds, and there aren't any parades the next day or anything. DTD might be busy-ish with people watching the game, though.

4. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

haha, just a lot of bummed out moms and dads with their kids... :D

however ESPN Zone would probably be PACKED!

5. mla1977

mla1977 I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o

Shouldn't affect DL, but I think in the past they've had a parade during the week after the Superbowl at WDW. Don't know if they do that every year.

6. Moosefish

:rolleyes1 OOPS!

I always thought that it was "I am going to Disneyland" and then they had some sort of parade or something for some of the players. I was looking to avoid the draw from having the players there - not from folks taking additional vacations because of it. (Are folks really that gullible?) Since the Superbowl is in AZ this year I figured it would be a quick dash to California to do the talk shows and make an appearance in Disneyland.

Well, you all know what they say when you assume...

7. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

It's actually both - they have the player(s) say each phrase and then show the DL version in the west and the WDW version in the rest of the country. And they have players actually visit both DL and WDW, with a parade as Moosefish was thinking. At least it's been done that way in the past...

8. Lostgirlz

Lostgirlz DIS Veteran

It is disneyworld. We were there for our honeymoon. it was not really packed at wdw at all or the next day when the mvp came. We got a couple of pretty darn good pics close to him.

9. Moosefish

THANK YOU!!! That explains so much....I was starting to feel like I had gone crazy. I am west coast and know that since I was a little girl they have ALWAYS said "Disneyland". I couldn't have been hearing it wrong for all of my 29 (ahem :rotfl2: ) years.

10. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

Eli Manning comes to Disneyland
    From wire reports
    Article Launched: 02/04/2008 08:03:59 AM PST

ANAHEIM - New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will take part today in a parade down Disneyland's Main Street, USA -- a day after leading his team to a 17-14 upset victory over the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Scheduled to join him in the parade are youngsters from the Tustin Pop Warner football team, a Disneyland spokesman said.

Manning's time in Disneyland will be brief because he also has appearances scheduled today in Phoenix and New York.

The parade is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.

11. famograham

famograham Mouseketeer

No...you're NOT crazy! I live in BC Canada, and the commercials we see are always "I'm going to Disneyland!"

I guess they tailor to which coast programming airs in!

12. PrincessKell

PrincessKell <font color=deeppink>Disney Princess Wanna be<br><

I was thinking the same thing. Always heard "I'm Going to Disneyland"

How neato would that be to see the parade, anyone going take pictures!! I want to see them!

13. KerTggr

KerTggr DIS Veteran

They actually record both Disneyland (for West Coast) and Disney World (for East Coast). While these may air cross coasts (if Disney has a reason to only air DL or ony air WDW, both is usually the case). It was originally "I'm going to Disneyland" as said by Giant, Phill Simms.

14. Tink208

Tink208 Mouseketeer

I still remember when Nancy Kerrigan went to Disney World (or it might have been Land...that part I don't remember) after winning her silver medal and she was caught on microphone being really snotty about the whole parade. Memories...

15. luvdisney24

luvdisney24 DIS Veteran

I live in NJ and this morning Eli Manning said he was going to Disney World.

16. dirtbikebride

dirtbikebride Earning My Ears

We were at Disney this morning and they cancelled the parade at the last minute. I guess the Giants must have partied too hard last night. :woohoo: They didn't really let people know. It got around by word of mouth. We didn't even know there was going to be a parade until we heard it was cancelled.

17. dirtbikebride

dirtbikebride Earning My Ears

oops that should say Disneyland.

18. mindylovesmickey

mindylovesmickey Proud Marine Wife

I saw a news report that showed a picture of the float and that Eli was a no show, but they must have still done the parade because all the little kids were still on the float. How sad, I bet those kids had been told they were going to get to meet him, too. :(

19. cryssi

cryssi <font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look

I heard him say "I'm going to Disneyland, baby!" in the commercial I saw last night on ESPN...

that stinks that he wasn't there, though...

20. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland

21. Disney Anna

Disney Anna DIS Veteran

I live in San Diego and this morning Eloy said, "I'm living the dream. I'm going to Walt Disney World."