Super Star Birthday

Disneynut4ever

DIS Veteran
My daughter has informed me that she wants to celebrate her "Super Star Birthday" while on the cruise. Apparently a "Super Star Birthday" is when you turn the age of the day of your birthday. For example, my daughter will be turning 13 on December 13. So not only will this birthday make my little girl an official teenager, but it is her "Super Star Birthday." Sounds like our family should do something extra special to celebrate this special Birthday. ANY SUGGESTIONS? :bday:

We always called this our "golden" birthday.

Has your DD given you any suggestions as to how she would like to celebrate?

Denae

Will you be on the Magic for her birthday this year? If so, please join us on the meets thread. :)

You can have it noted on your reservation that you want to celebrate your DD's birthday and they will bring her a cake with a white chocolate picture of the ship on it with Happy Birthday and sing to her.

My DD celebrated her 13th birthday on the Magic. DCL will provide room decorations, but they put them up before you board. I wanted decorations to go up on "the day," so I brought them from home (hit the party outlet store, and bring tape!). I decorated the outside of the door--this got a lot of attention from the little girls in our hallway. I did a little decorating in the room. We took the leftover cake to The Stack (it disappeared up there!). In addition, I got flowers which I got to our server and asked that they be placed on the table at dinner.

I had several neat gifts--we had a strict "no makeup" rule, despite the fact that many of her friends wore makeup prior to age 13. So, I got her some eye shadow and lip gloss (she thought she was really grown up).

As to the cake in the Stack....we were on a Feb. cruise, and there were only about 15 teens participating in the programming.

Oh had not thought about that. We will be cruising in November 2006. My son will just miss having his 12th birthday (november 12) by days on the cruise, but we will be at Disney when he turns 12! Which the Disney part is a surprise for them. They only know we are cruising.

kcashner said:
My DD celebrated her 13th birthday on the Magic. DCL will provide room decorations, but they put them up before you board.

We sail on the Sept 17th Magic cruise and my DGS will turn 4, we have called and they have said they'll provide the cake (on the last night). But they didn't say anything about room decorations......thought we would have to bring that. Did they decorate your room with no charge??? Thanks for your help :wizard:

Tammy1 said:
We sail on the Sept 17th Magic cruise and my DGS will turn 4, we have called and they have said they'll provide the cake (on the last night). But they didn't say anything about room decorations......thought we would have to bring that. Did they decorate your room with no charge??? Thanks for your help :wizard:

I believe the poster is talking about the stateroom decorations that you have to buy through DCL....she was just trying to point out that if you buy the birthday decoration package through DCL...they decorate the cabin the first day, when you board....not on the actual day of the birthday if it is later in the week. She wanted to put up decorations on her DD's actual birthday, not have the cabin decorated when they boarded.

P.S. You can have the cake on any night you wish....it does not have to be the last night. Just talk to your dining staff.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter