super soap weekend

jojomg

Mouseketeer
Hi anyone going to super soap weekend in november at mgm? I am going and want to know what to expect.....how crowded ,how much fun, do you really meet the stars?????thanks

I have been to all the SSW and they have gotten much more crowded since the first one. You do get to "meet" the actors but you must wait in long lines to do so. Even then it is just a quick meet and autograph signing. Sometimes you will run into them in the parks, at the resorts, or at PI after the official time is done.

If you do not go with the expectation of meeting all the actors there and having lots of time to talk with them, the weekend can be enjoyable. And if you also like to take time out to do the rides, you will be pleasantly surprised to see the lines aren't much longer since most of the crowd is waiting in lines for autographs.

I tend not to wait in line for autographs but to just use my camera to take pictures (I prefer a live picture than an autograph head shot) but occasionally I will wait in a line if the line is short...last year I got Thorsten Kaye (from Port Charles) and A Martinez (from GH) without waiting for more than 30 minutes. I have had some luck the second day very late with shorter lines. I have also had the opportunity to talk with Lynn Herring, Linda Dano, Finola Hughes, Robin Strasser and a few others just by bumping into them in the parks. Most are gracious enough to take a few minutes, although, they do have Disney CMs trying to pull them to their next stop so don't be upset if they can not talk or talk long.

I have also heard stories from other attendees for seeing them at the resort the Friday prior to the weekend and at PI that night also but since I live in the area, I do not go stay at the resorts.

oops, meant to add one more thing. If you are planning to do this as a solo trip...you will have plenty of company. I have gone myself each year and have had plenty of people to talk to and walk around with. After all, a majority of the people in the park have the soaps in common and will talk about the actors, their character and the current plot lines of the shows.

And the street party on the Saturday night is great fun. It always amazes me to see the singing talent some of them have. And I am a big Kurth and Taylor fan and they always play.

hi thanks for the info. I'm taking my mother and my sister, my sister has wanted to go for years...so I finally made all the plans and booked the trip and she is so excited.....I can't wait ...I haven't heard who is going to be there yet.....thanks again

If you go to the ABC site they have a partial list and will add more as the time gets closer. Not sure which shows you watch otherwise I would list some for you.

Hi everyone thanks for all the info....I just found out kelly ripa is going to be there......so excited

What is the street party on Saturday night? I am not going to the super soap weekend but a co-worker of mine is and she does not read the boards so I am trying to get info for her.
Thanks

The street party is one of the events that they have during the weekend. Various soap stars seem to also have singing talent and they all take turns. Each year, Kurth and Taylor (which is Wally Kurth's band...Ned on GH) has been the main band. Also Catherine Hickland (Lindsay on OLTL) has also taken a turn with some songs, usually broadway songs. Others have also had there turns. People just hand out and listen or dance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter