Super fast ROFR???

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by theguda, May 10, 2013.

1. lville23

lville23 Earning My Ears

In the past three months I have had three of four contracts pass. I heard back in 10 days on the contract that Disney exercised ROFR on. The 10 days spanned two weekends and a Holiday. On the three contracts that passed, each went approx 27-28 days as I heard on the Tuesday prior to day 30. I am currently awaiting Disney's response on a fifth contract that will come on day 30+. Communicataion from the broker said it was submitted 4/11, but still waiting to hear (guess which broker). I also have another that should be sent to Disney sometime this week and I anticipate that it will take the full 30 days. Early news usually equals bad news.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. melissac

melissac DIS Veteran

We closed on 5/1 and still waiting for money. Points are still in my account:confused3

4. greengeen

greengeen Mouseketeer

So you must have heard by now? Any good news?

5. rusafee1183

rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

I agree with this. It's their way to punish people. ;)

Funny thing is that I have been reading all over that the waitlists are taking MONTHS, so really it's just about as fast to go through resale now, costs about half - the only stressful part is that first 30 days.... so if you have the stomach for it, and you want a sold out resort - it really is the best way to go. Unless of course you have personal reasons for WANTING to go direct.

I am SO HAPPY we went resale this time. :cool1: