Super fast ROFR???

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by theguda, May 10, 2013.

1. theguda

theguda Mouseketeer

Has anyone out there received a ROFR decision (good or bad) very quickly? I know Disney has 30 days but I'm curious if anyone got an answer much earlier than that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Sorry, but I have closed 3 times on resales (all 3 times we passed ROFR) and each time it took 28-30 days. I have another one in ROFR now (about 17-18 days). It sure would be nice to hear next week, but I expect it will be the following week. Here's hoping that it's next week pixiedust:

When did yours go to ROFR?

4. theguda

theguda Mouseketeer

Mine went on 4/30. I'm not sweating it...I was just curious to know if anyone got a decision quickly.

5. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I did notice, when compiling the ROFR list, that a few -this past week or so- passed in about 3 weeks. I am a little excited about that, but with my luck, I'll be 30+ days (I'm not exactly sure when mine went to ROFR, I got the deposit and signed check in on 4/20). Also, many times Disney ROFRs contracts w/in the first 2 weeks (though somebody got ROFRd after 30 days this week too...strange week).

6. networktek

networktek it all started with a mouse

ours took 24 days looks like they have been staying closer to the end of the 30 day count

7. automaticsoap

automaticsoap Mouseketeer

My contract took 28 days before I was notified that it passed.

8. Splashboat

Splashboat Always looking for cheap airfare

I thought mine was quick so I just looked back. Submitted 8/17/11 and received email notification it passed 8/31/11 - Apparently times have changed.

9. Galun

Galun Earning My Ears

I don't see why they would exercise the option early. Someone might buy direct within the 30 days and your contract in rofr may be the perfect fit. Why would Disney give up their option early?

10. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

Yes, we heard in 5 days or 3 business days back in 2011. Times have changed for sure.......Submitted on 5/27/11 and waived on 6/1/11. Actually from offer to points loaded it was 4 weeks.

11. JaimeA

JaimeA Mouseketeer

Last summer I was notified quickly that Disney exercised ROFR on my OKW contract (11 days or so don't remember off the top of my head).
    The BWV that did pass took almost 30 days to be notified.

If you look at the ROFR thread most have the date it was submitted and the date of the decision.

Good Luck

12. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

If they have a ton of points already for that resort and UY (from foreclosure or whatever).

13. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney drags out all resale processing, estoppal, ROFR, account building, loading, web access, and ID cards. It's their unpublished way of getting resales buyers to consider buying direct.

:earsboy: Bill

14. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

Just this April, our VWL took 2-1/2 weeks...and we passed ROFR
    :cool1:

15. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

From what I have seen the earlier you hear on anything the more likely it is that it did not pass. They sometimes decide that fairly quickly.

16. mickeyFanPA

mickeyFanPA Earning My Ears

Our contract went to disney for rofr on 4/22 and we're still waiting to hear

17. disneysled

disneysled Earning My Ears

Our first contract we attempted was rofr'd exactly 2 weeks after it was sent - our second attempt was taken 18 days later - so pretty quickly.
    We are waiting on our 3rd attempt which was sent on 4/18 - the longest we have waited so we are hoping this one will pass!

18. luvdvc95

luvdvc95 Earning My Ears

Sent for Rofr 3/25, waived 4/22. We just closed on 5/9. But when will the money be released? We are the sellers. :sad:

19. agie65

agie65 New Disney Fan DVC Gold

Probably if they have something of their interest, and will drag if possibly of interest, otherwise will let it go, looking thru the data, loaded low price contract they will take it.

20. ovalhead96

ovalhead96 Mouseketeer

two of mine took three weeks, but one was just a matter of days.

I actually had points in my account within 2 weeks..

almost as fast as direct

21. Tinkerdreams

Tinkerdreams Disney Princess

Actually I bought a contract 3 years ago through the Timeshare Store and from beginning to end (offer to close) took approximately 1 month. The reason - the sellers were being deployed to Iraq.

The TSS processed the paperwork quickly and contacted Disney to expedite the ROFR process (I believe this didn't even take a week) due to the circumstances. :cool1: