super busy=closing the park?

If it is super crowded and the fire marshall says NO MORE- it will not matter where you are staying and if you are stamped. Its very rare that it happens, but it can.

It's happened to me twice! Once was in October the year the Electric Parade was going away (maybe 1995) and once on a 4th of July!

I have a picture somewhere of the old DL sign that says "Disneyland is Closed".

hehe,there are so many different variables for this trip,I'm glad I'm not stressing over all the possibilities: june gloom,crazy crowds for nemo,park closing,2 grad nights. And you know why I'm not stressing, other than I'm freakin excited,I have everything planned because of all the tips and tricks you guys have given me:thumbsup2:cool1: :banana: :hippie: :love:

It actually happens quite often, sometimes to DCA and not DL and sometimes to DL and not DCA, basically here's how it works:

First they stop selling one day, one park tickets (at this point if Disneyland is closed, they may sell a one day pass that states something like "Valid for Admission to California Adventure Only until 4:30 PM" After 4:30 PM, if DL's capacity is back to normal you would then be able to enter Disneyland, but not re-enter DCA. They don't do this part all of the time)

Next they stop selling tickets all together

Then they go to allowing only Resort Guests and Annual Pass Holders

Then they go to letting one guest in for each guest that leaves.

Then they completely stop allowing people to enter, although re-entry may still be possible, depending on the situation.

This happens:
End of April (when the So Cal promotion ends, usually to DCA)

Mid June (When most schools get out to either park)

the week of July 4th (Disneyland)

Various days throughout August (either park, never seems to happen to both at once though)

It happened last "end of April" to us. It was the weekend just before the last promotion ended. If I remember correctly, this was also when Easter was really late in April. So we had post Easter crowds, some spring breakers, the last day of some promotion for the locals, Disneyland wasn't letting anyone in so we went over to DCA and they were out of all Fast Passes at noon. They weren't issuing anymore for the entire day! I never even knew that this could happen! Silly me. Anyway, this was on a Saturday and by Sunday, the crowds weren't that bad.....still really busy but noticably less.....
We are going again the same time this year and we're hoping that it won't be quite as crowded this time....especially with Easter being earlier in the month!

Kathy

Its happened to me only once, dec 29th 2005. We arrived at the park at 10pm and waited in line to buy our tickets, and then say everyone start to walk away, i asked what happened, and i was informed DL was full. its was my anniversary we always go every year on this day, and i was D#)$ed if i wasnt going to go in, i said ill pay whatever lol, as long as it gets me in, and the lady at the booth said....well......you COULD buy 2 day hopper tickets, she mentioned how it somehow is ok to buy those and still be allowed in since technically it lets you in both parks, so it doesnt count as a dedicated DL ticket or something....and i had a party of 3 others with me...but my love for my gf was too much to just turn back...so...off to the ATM i went, and in we went for a awesome day ^-^.

It's my understanding the DL management has already made arrangements with Caltrans to use the slow lane of Highway 5 for the Nemo Line overflow for the first 2 weeks of June :dance3:

Really the only times I would worry about DL is the Christmas, holiday weekends or special events POTC3 premiere, Nemo opening, etc. DCA will feel the crunch primarily when DL is not admitting people (like POTC3 premiere) or when they open a new ride (Midway Madness next year).

nemo is gonna be nuts..I'm afraid:rotfl:
the dlh isn't full yet though,maybe it will be all pass owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter