• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunset Safari at AKL questions

Stitch And Friends

I want to live at the Beach Club...and take vacati
I have a couple of questions about the Sunset Safari at AKL that I hope some of you can answer:
1) Can anyone book it or do you have to be staying at AKL or AKV?
2) How does the dinner at Jiko work? Is it a preset menu or can you pick
anything you want off the regular menu - and if so what is included?
3) Overall, is it worth the cost??
TIA! :)

DW and I did the Sunset safari back in August, so I will give our two cents.

1. We were staying at AKL so I'm not totally sure if anyone outside can book. All the information I have showed 2 costs (one for AKL guests and one for AKL concierge guests), so may be limited to AKL guests.

2. Dinner at Jiko was served family style and was more or less up to the chef that evening (the chef came to the table for each serving to explain the dishes). We had 4 people in our tour and we had 3-4 appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Also there is a wine pairing with each course.

3. Overall we thought the safari was well worth it for 2 reasons. First, there is no other way to get out on the AKL savannahs and see the animals up close and since the guides are the ones that help take care of the animals they had first hand knowledge to share. Second, since the safari comes with a fabulous meal at Jiko, in my mind that helps to offset the cost.

DW and I did the Sunset safari back in August, so I will give our two cents.

1. We were staying at AKL so I'm not totally sure if anyone outside can book. All the information I have showed 2 costs (one for AKL guests and one for AKL concierge guests), so may be limited to AKL guests.

2. Dinner at Jiko was served family style and was more or less up to the chef that evening (the chef came to the table for each serving to explain the dishes). We had 4 people in our tour and we had 3-4 appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Also there is a wine pairing with each course.

3. Overall we thought the safari was well worth it for 2 reasons. First, there is no other way to get out on the AKL savannahs and see the animals up close and since the guides are the ones that help take care of the animals they had first hand knowledge to share. Second, since the safari comes with a fabulous meal at Jiko, in my mind that helps to offset the cost.

Thanks for the info! If you do have to stay at AKL, that may be where we will stay when we plan our next trip!

1. I believe its only available to AKL guests

3. definitely. If you were eating at Jiko then it would cost nearly that anyway with the wine parings etc, plus with it being family style you get more choice. So in my mind, the safari part is nearly free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter