Sunset Lakes - opinions please

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Hi guys,
We are looking at a villa in Sunset Lakes but have never stayed near here and was wondering what others felt about the location our plan is to return to the villa to feed dd who is coeliac at midday before returning to the parks is sunset lakes close enough to do this???
We have stayed down poinciania blvd the last 2 times but we find that can be a bit tedious of a drive at night.
Anyone any thoughts good or bad???
Thanks Louise x

where abouts is it? we have been and down ponciana ourselves, going to sil villa at cumbrian lakes.most of the villa places along there are fine, about 5 mins from the 192(i timed it from cumbrian lakes)
also went to the air boats at end of ponciana and passed a villa complex on the right which i thought was way to far down. not sure of the name of it, but will look on thecamcorder later as i was filming when we went passed it.

sorry misread your question:headache:
just looked on google and saw that sunset is right own the 192 west.
never stayed that way myself as we prefer the 192 east!

Sunset Lakes is the other side of disney to PB and it looks like it is close to wdw on the map on the dibb!!
In the past we have stayed at Crescent Lakes and Eagle point down Pb but definatly crescent lakes was a good drive on a late night.

We've stayed in Sunset Lakes for the past couple of years and it is a brilliant location. It's a genuine 5-7 minute drive to Animal Kingdom via the Sherberth Road Shortcut and there is a good choice of restaurants and shops in the immediate area. My favourite being the new Super Target at Rolling Hills which is only a couple of minutes away. I'd have no hesitation in staying in this area again.

We stayed on Cumbrian Lakes on PB last time we went and actually preferred this location to any of the villas we have stayed in on the 27.
I see that Sunset Lakes isn't as far west as the 27 so would think it would be an ideal location for access to the Disney parks - especially if you take the 'short cut' down Sherbeth Road. This will take you to AK first and all the other parks are well sign posted from there.

We've stayed at Sunset Lakes twice. We love it. It's a very quiet neighborhood with a lot of full time residents and not a ton of rentals (like Windsor Hills) It's gated, so you have to have a code to enter the community. Most of the houses have pretty lake views, and you are very close to WDW using Sherbeth Road. There is a Publix grocery store near by, tons of restaurants and mini golf type places. The traffic really isn't that bad going to and from WDW, just watch for Uturns at stoplights!

As long as we can get our usual villa, this will be the place we stay when we take our family.

Never stayed there but location is excellent, anywhere around the Formosa Gardens area gives you a great base with easy access to supermarkets, restaurants, disney and the I4. If you like the villa then it's definitely well located.

Never stayed there but location is excellent, anywhere around the Formosa Gardens area gives you a great base with easy access to supermarkets, restaurants, disney and the I4. If you like the villa then it's definitely well located.

We love the villa and the owner has been really good about allowing us to move our dates i we have issues around cams treatment. So yeah after all the replies today I am definatly going to send my deposit cheque off :banana::banana::banana:

We've stayed at Sunset Lakes, albeit some time ago (2000). The properties are very spacious and there are very few rental communities closer to WDW. The only thing which would put me off a bit now is that this development was built before jacuzzis became an obligatory addition and I'd miss that. Some owners have undoubtedly added the standalone versions, but I prefer to have one integrated with the pool. Many of the pools have features which look like jacuzzis, but they're not the hot-tub type, although I guess it's possible some have been converted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter