Sundance 2013: What's it like to secretly film at Disney World?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Jan 20, 2013.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

From the Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/la-e...from-tomorrow-disney-20130120,0,5209467.story

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

...but wow! OMG, this film sounds like a twisted version of American Beauty meets Disney. :rotfl: Apparently, it's a huge hit at Sundance, with all the viewings sold out! And, some critics are already calling it a "cult classic."

~I have no interest in this film. But, I can't help but wonder if Disney plans to take any action. I'm also curious if a distributor will be bold enough to release this film at the cinema.

~The producer could also bypass distribution and release it in a digital format directly to iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. It'll be very interesting to see how all of this turns out. popcorn:: The guy who got banned is a joke compared to this! Is Disney going to ban this guy, too?!? LOL.
    :rotfl2: :goodvibes

4. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

Oh, I disagree Dr. I want to see this and I hope Disney raises a ruckus giving it more creedence. Sounds like fun and nothing that could actually harm Wal marts reputation. I'm child of the 60's after all.

5. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

Disney Dearest ?

6. Jacquie668

Jacquie668 Mouseketeer

NO MICKEY HANGERS!!!!...... EVERRRRRR!

Seriously though, sounds interesting, I am intrigued. :surfweb:

7. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

If you look at other articles, one of the main storylines is the man's fixation on two underage girls that he follows around the parks after seeing them in bikinis at the pool. No thanks.

8. DizCaptain

DizCaptain °o° Disney Enthusiast

Sounds very different, if I get a chance to do so, I'll watch it. It sounds really interesting how they filmed it, plot wise they took a well used idea (dad down on his luck following some girls) and smacked it into reality, even worse, Disney. It really is a bold move and probably boosts the film's projection that much more.

9. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

10. Tink575

Tink575 Mouseketeer

I can't imagine Disney not pursuing action against the film makers. They have to protect the brand and their copyrights. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

That said, I am sure plot recaps and write ups will end up all over the internet. The movie sounds too creepy for my taste.

Man on Disney vacation with his family loses his mind, LOL what a novel concept?

11. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Its hard to quantify my level of excitement at the possibility of seeing this for myself.

I'm not sure the metric system (or the british...for that matter) has the proper unit to equate...

But there's this: real people, real world, many problems = daily life at disney for both the worker and the visitor - like everywhere else.

nobody should really lose sight of that...or if you are relaxing...at least shelter it in the back of your mind incase it needs to come out on a minutes notice.

It's like kryptonite to the pixie dust peddlers.

12. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

A number of critics and message boards are saying the film takes a turn at the end, into perversion and pedophilia!:(

13. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~By all means, Pirate, have at it!!! However, you bring up an important point, that I happen to agree with. If Disney goes after this film, then it will surely benefit from a substantial amount of free publicity & press! In contrast, Disney risks appearing like the big bully going after the little guy.

~Personally, I don't feel like the film will appeal to many people and will vanish fairly quickly, but only if Disney ignores it. Also, this guy filmed a lot of people without their permission. I wonder if he has given any thought as to how he plans to compensate them.

14. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Figures, this fool group is wining about the materialistic WDW and making a movie/trading for the materialistic Hollywood (who all the hollywood types rushing to see it, proves.). What a sick joke.:confused3

Let face it if the Disney name was not invlved............we would not be having this discussion.

PS, If I was the father of those girls, I would be filing a police report fast!

AKK

15. rutgers1

rutgers1 DIS Veteran

I didn't read up on it beyond what is here, but if he takes no steps to profit off of the movie and simply treats it as art, then I don't think Disney can take action. In that scenario, it wouldn't be much different from photo albums and home videos we all make.

Two years ago, my family and I wrote a silly Disney-based story starring our kids, and we took photographs around the parks to go along with it. We put it together into our own little picture book on Snapfish. I realize that our project wasn't shared with the world at a film festival, but if the guy says he was doing it just for fun (and not profit), I am not sure what Disney can do.

16. Peter Pirate 2

Lol! The Disney defenders are here already? Pedophiles? Following underage girls?

It was in the script. The girls were actresses in the movie and part of the storyline.

17. lockedoutlogic

was it a "magic" script?

did they use the appropriate amount of "pixie dust" for the scene?

these are the things the public NEEDS to know:3dglasses

18. Peter Pirate 2

Alright, alright. The peanut gallery is always acting up around her.:banana:

Of course there was NO pixie dust as it wasn't Disney approved, so they just used regular dust and tried to ignore the sneezing.

19. lockedoutlogic

touche'