Sun Feb 21, 2016 4-Night Nassau and Castaway Cay From Port Canaveral

Yay another post Princess Half Marathon person here! I'd love to meet up - if we do book, this will be my second time on the Magic (was on my first cruise there this past fall, and it was MAGICAL!)

Yay another post Princess Half Marathon person here! I'd love to meet up - if we do book, this will be my second time on the Magic (was on my first cruise there this past fall, and it was MAGICAL!)
You should definitely book. I think I saw somewhere else that there was another group going on this trip post 1/2. It's a great way to unwind so long as you can make it to the boat in one piece.

You should definitely book. I think I saw somewhere else that there was another group going on this trip post 1/2. It's a great way to unwind so long as you can make it to the boat in one piece.

I somehow thought it was a good idea to register for a marathon on Valentine's day and "recover" with a Princess 5k, 10k, and half... Considering how life got in the way of training I may be getting there in many pieces lol

To clarify, you can't even state that one off-site exists even if you don't post a link or directions to where it might exist?

Also you missed post #25 which quotes a post I made prior to PrincessShmoo pointing out the policy.

You can mention that there are other social media sites that organize FE groups. However, they are not DISboards FE groups. Any FE groups organized here are supposed to be handled here.

Hi! We are from Japan and would love to join the FE group! How to join? I couldn't find it.

It appears that there isn't a FE group for the DISboards group.

You can mention that there are other social media sites that organize FE groups. However, they are not DISboards FE groups. Any FE groups organized here are supposed to be handled here.
I see that's kind of confusing. So would it be acceptable to say "there is a FE group for this cruise on such and such site however it is not a DISboards FE group so use at your own risk" but not acceptable to say "there is an FE group on such and such site" because it may be assumed that it is somehow connected to DISBoards?

I mean, in normal circumstances it would just be safer to start one on DISBoards and avoid the issue entirely but I imagine people don't have time just a few weeks out from sail date.

I see that's kind of confusing. So would it be acceptable to say "there is a FE group for this cruise on such and such site however it is not a DISboards FE group so use at your own risk" but not acceptable to say "there is an FE group on such and such site" because it may be assumed that it is somehow connected to DISBoards?

I mean, in normal circumstances it would just be safer to start one on DISBoards and avoid the issue entirely but I imagine people don't have time just a few weeks out from sail date.
No, you can say, "There are FE groups on other social media sites, however they are not DISboards FE groups". You can't direct others here to specific social media sites. But you can acknowledge generally that there are some.

I'll just point out that FE groups started on DISboards, and were handled for years on just this site. Only recently have people on other sites (who set up their own groups) have been, basically, saying "come on over to our site", pretty much gutting the DIsboards groups.

On my first cruise that I did the FE exchange, I was in two different groups on two different cruise sites. Each was separate, although there were a few of us who were on both sites. No reason FE groups can't be done on other sites, but they are separate entities from a DISboards FE group.

No, you can say, "There are FE groups on other social media sites, however they are not DISboards FE groups". You can't direct others here to specific social media sites. But you can acknowledge generally that there are some.

I'll just point out that FE groups started on DISboards, and were handled for years on just this site. Only recently have people on other sites (who set up their own groups) have been, basically, saying "come on over to our site", pretty much gutting the DIsboards groups.

On my first cruise that I did the FE exchange, I was in two different groups on two different cruise sites. Each was separate, although there were a few of us who were on both sites. No reason FE groups can't be done on other sites, but they are separate entities from a DISboards FE group.
I see. Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate your assistance not only on this thread but thought the Disney Cruise subforums as a whole.

I wasn't trying to stir up trouble I just was curious because for this cruise no one started an FE group for reasons I would imagine that there were so few people on the board for this cruise up until a week or two ago. I totally see where having them hosted in other places hurts the DISBoards groups. I just feel bad for the people who are just coming on who want to join a FE group rather than start a new one.

I see. Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate your assistance not only on this thread but thought the Disney Cruise subforums as a whole.

I wasn't trying to stir up trouble I just was curious because for this cruise no one started an FE group for reasons I would imagine that there were so few people on the board for this cruise up until a week or two ago. I totally see where having them hosted in other places hurts the DISBoards groups. I just feel bad for the people who are just coming on who want to join a FE group rather than start a new one.
Well, in an ideal world, each Cruise Meet group has at least one person who's an "organizer" type person. Generally the odds are, once enough people start "talking" on the cruise meet thread, someone will step up and say "I'm willing to maintain the list if we want to do a Fish Extender exchange".

So is there an FE group somewhere????? We are traveling with family and friends and would love to get involved in a group!

So is there an FE group??

I haven't been able to find a FE group - I might just bring some stuff and put it in random hanging FEs and hang mine up just for fun (made it for my last cruise - might as well decorate with it lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter