Summer TR at BCV, the theme was RAIN! - Complete 1/23/16

I'm so sorry to hear about Conner. Animals are like our children and are a huge part of the family. It's so sad to lose one, especially after so many years. That's one reason we have so many kitties, not that it makes it any easier, but you have other children to help you through it. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about Conner. Animals are like our children and are a huge part of the family. It's so sad to lose one, especially after so many years. That's one reason we have so many kitties, not that it makes it any easier, but you have other children to help you through it. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Thank you so much :hug: I had thought about getting another one so that whenever this happened I wouldn't have an empty house, but never did. Now I wish I had. I still can't believe he's gone, I'm having a really difficult time.

I am enjoying your TR. Glad you and Mom had a great vaca. Love seeing BCV (will be there in November).
Your pics are beautiful. Love Mom taking a nap to avoid bus noise - I feel the same sometimes. You sure had rain ! Hooray for ponchos !
Sorry about your Connor.

I am sorry about your sweet boy and that you are struggling. :( :hug: I am here if you want to chat.

LOVE your mom's cute smile. And the poncho pic with both of you is too adorable.

Wow, that was a TON of rain. I don't mind Disney in the rain either.

That sundae looks delicious!!

Cute little birdies feeding too.

The MSEP is my all-time favorite. Thank you for posting those wonderful photos.

Can't wait to see you next week!!! Gabby is still working out her schedule. Poor kid works way too much. Weather looks fabulous though and a good 20* cooler than currently. I don't love Disneyland when it's 100*. :scared: It'll be crowded due to Fall break. Let's rope drop a day. :hyper:

I am enjoying your TR. Glad you and Mom had a great vaca.

Thanks for reading :)

Love seeing BCV (will be there in November).

November is coming up!

Your pics are beautiful.

Thank you :)

Love Mom taking a nap to avoid bus noise - I feel the same sometimes.

She's so silly, I couldn't believe she actually fell asleep...

You sure had rain ! Hooray for ponchos !

Hooray for ponchos indeed!!!

Sorry about your Connor.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.

I am sorry about your sweet boy and that you are struggling. :( :hug: I am here if you want to chat.

Thank you so much :hug:

LOVE your mom's cute smile. And the poncho pic with both of you is too adorable.

She's so funny, I'm glad I thought to get that photo.

Wow, that was a TON of rain. I don't mind Disney in the rain either.

More rain to come... As long as I don't have pants dragging in the water I'm ok.

That sundae looks delicious!!

It was! popcorn:: where was that blue icecream Josh had on one of your trips?

Cute little birdies feeding too.

I like seeing those cute things.

The MSEP is my all-time favorite. Thank you for posting those wonderful photos.

I was thinking about you specifically when I took those photos :)

Can't wait to see you next week!!! Gabby is still working out her schedule. Poor kid works way too much. Weather looks fabulous though and a good 20* cooler than currently. I don't love Disneyland when it's 100*. :scared: It'll be crowded due to Fall break. Let's rope drop a day. :hyper:

Rope drop??? :laughing: I'll meet you guys... Any news on Gabby's work?

Hi everybody :)

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently out of the internet at home, I need to set up a new provider. I've been sneaking in Dis time at work and on the phone. As soon as I get internet back I'll post more of this trip.

No worries Pam! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Do you still have the same phone # as last time? I still have you in my phone, so let me know if you need my number. Otherwise just text me when you're off the plane.

I'm pretty sure I know where Josh got the blue ice and I'll tell you how to find it when we meet up!

No worries Pam! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Do you still have the same phone # as last time? I still have you in my phone, so let me know if you need my number. Otherwise just text me when you're off the plane.

I'm pretty sure I know where Josh got the blue ice and I'll tell you how to find it when we meet up!

I was going to text you this morning about tomorrow but then realized how early it was there. I can't wait for tomorrow as well :) yes, I have the same phone number, I'll text once I get there.

Excellent, I look forward to finding out the secret of the blue ice cream!

Hey, there!! I've finally made my way over to your TR!! I've been away from the Disboards for a while, but I need to get caught up now!
This trip looks like another fun one! And by now, you've made your other 2 trips! Can't wait to hear more about your trips and hope you're planning on TR's for both of them. We're hoping to get to Universal on our next trip down. And can't wait to hear about your trip to DL!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Sorry if this is TMI everybody. I've had intestinal issues my entire life, I just thought they were normal. Even as a nurse I didn't think about it because it's all I've ever known. Well last year when my doctor said I had to lose weight or else he told me to cut out breads and pastas. Two of my favorite things. But I did in the purpose of weight loss. At some point I realized I wasn't having my tummy troubles anymore. Whenever I added anything with gluten the problems came back. So I experimented for months and it was always the same. Im now at the point where I'm slowly finding replacements for my favorite things, the pain/discomfort is no longer worth it.

I'm really wondering if both Dan and I should try doing this and if it would help both of our digestive issues. I probably wouldn't try it until after the baby is born though because i'm barely eating as it is but when I do eat, it's because i'm craving bagels and pasta.

I forgot to mention that last night when we tried to watch Rocketeer we discovered there was no DVD remote in the room… we have not had luck with the DVD players at BCV, last year we had a huge problem that took a few days to fix. We managed to get Rocketeer to play, but had such a time figuring how to get the TV to show the movie since you have to hit the input button. There was no input button on the remote we had. Finally mom thought to look on the actual TV and there was indeed some buttons hidden on the side of the TV. Very frustrating when you’re tired and wanting to unwind from a great day and can’t get the movie to play…

You guys always seem to have the hardest time with the DVD players/remotes. I wonder if it's because no one hardly uses them. I think it's great that you use that amenity. I would but DH and DM LOVE their live tv!

But then lightning was spotted and we had to get out.

So everything shuts down including food spots when there is lightening?

July%20August%202015%20062.jpg

Ooh what's in them?

Love steam pictures!

I can’t imagine that many people on vacation together.

Wow same here! While at WoD at DLR, I was looking for a shirt for DH and saw this women in the corner of the mens section sorting through at least 15-20 tickets and trying to match all the tickets up to corresponding FP tickets. I casually said, "Wow, i'd hate to be the one in charge of all that!" and she said, "You would especially because I lost one of our entry tickets!":eek:

We were told we could sit and wait in the play area. That was a first for us, usually we just go right through. Mom was getting antsy, she had no idea why we were waiting in there instead of riding Dumbo. I had no idea she didn’t understand that we still had a 30 minute wait regardless if we sat in the tent or stood in line. I explained later.

:rotfl2:

How pretty, I never think to ride at night!

When the CM said ‘is two invisible?’ mom started calling for me at that point… it gave us a laugh.

:lmao:

I love Pocahontas!

I had a gluten free bagel with cream cheese.

How do gluten free items taste? Is there a drastic difference? I'm absolutely loving my Asiago bagels with cream cheese right now with OJ.

Someone's trail mix loss, is their gain :thumbsup2

Cute photo!

But I did stop in the candy store because I’d heard they were selling dung shaped candies. Sadly those were only a promotion item for the first week of opening

I saw those and thought those were so neat! Why not keep them?! They are absolutely brilliant for AK! I wonder if they even sold a lot.

Not gluten free but I didn’t bring any safe foods and needed to eat something. We both agreed it was quite delicious but the wrap they used broke apart way too easily

So how did you feel after eating that food? Or could you technically have some gluten foods just not a lot? Sorry for all the questions but i'm very interested.

We had just left AK and took the very convenient bus over to MK.

Are they currently the only park doing this? And do they have buses to all parks or just MK?

:thumbsup2

Our FP for Pooh wasn’t until later, but the standby was only 30 minutes so we decided to go in. It was our immense bad luck to be in front of a family with the most spoiled children I’ve ever seen. They kept pushing ahead in line to play with all the toys, taking the bees away from other children, physically pushing me to get ahead, being absolute tyrants. The ride happened to stop when we were at the honey wall. We were stopped for at least ten minutes, and the children behind us just couldn’t contain themselves, they had to play with the honey. Their mom actually tapped me on the shoulder asking if the children could get closer. After the horrible behavior earlier all I wanted to say was that they needed to wait their turn. I instead said that can’t you see the ride is stopped? She ignored me completely and pushed her children in front of us where the children took over the entire screen. When the CM came around saying the ride was stopped and we could wait or leave we quickly decided to leave. I couldn’t be around those insufferable children a single more second.

:headache:

I was able to change it to 6:45, and it was currently only 6:43!!!

That's great!

It only had a posted wait of 25 minutes but the line inched onward. I think we waited more like 40 minutes, and finally it was our turn. We managed to get the spider to jump. Even though I know it’s coming I can’t help but scream when it does jump.

Oh heck no!

Hi everybody :) just back from WDW with my friend from work. It was a great trip. We were able to spend time with Corinna several days and that made the trip extra special.

Sad news that I didn't want to share earlier. I lost my Conner after 14 1/2 years two weeks ago. I am still heartbroken and didn't want to talk about it on here when it first happened. He declined in one day. Within hours he went from walking to not having control of his back legs. When he started having trouble breathing I had to make the very difficult decision to take him to the vet. It has been a very difficult time for me.

It was good to get away, and it will be good to get away next week.

I hope everyone has been doing well.

I know we already talked but thought i'd let you know that i've been praying for you whenever I look at Percy, especially at night. How are you doing?

Side note. I'm really mad at myself that we didn't get a picture together!!! :headache:

Paaaaaaaaaammmmm, are you back? We has SO much fun spending those days with you. Missing you already. :hug:

I am finally all caught up again and by now you should be back from your Disneyland trip as well. I hope you had an amazing time.

We were able to spend time with Corinna several days and that made the trip extra special.

It was so nice to get to spend time with the two of you and the party was definitely a highlight.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently out of the internet at home, I need to set up a new provider.

Not having internet access stinks.

Corinna

Hey, there!! I've finally made my way over to your TR!! I've been away from the Disboards for a while, but I need to get caught up now!
This trip looks like another fun one! And by now, you've made your other 2 trips! Can't wait to hear more about your trips and hope you're planning on TR's for both of them. We're hoping to get to Universal on our next trip down. And can't wait to hear about your trip to DL!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Hi Kristi :wave2: Thanks so much for coming over! :) I'm still out of internet, I'm sneaking on here at work, but I'll have internet back this weekend and be able to finish this TR.

I just got back from DL last Thursday, it was a fabulous trip, I can't promise a TR until I'm finished with this one. Universal is SO. MUCH. FUN!!! I'm so glad I finally got there. That trip was great fun too. I took Dramamine each day we did Universal because a lot of the rides are 3D and cause motion sickness with a lot of people. I can't do Star Tours at HS so knew I had to take Dramamine if I wanted to do the Universal rides, and I didn't have a problem.

When is your next trip? did you do a solo one?

I'm really wondering if both Dan and I should try doing this and if it would help both of our digestive issues. I probably wouldn't try it until after the baby is born though because i'm barely eating as it is but when I do eat, it's because i'm craving bagels and pasta.

I think it's definitely worth a try for you guys, but like you said not until the baby comes. You need to get your calories any way you can.

You guys always seem to have the hardest time with the DVD players/remotes. I wonder if it's because no one hardly uses them. I think it's great that you use that amenity. I would but DH and DM LOVE their live tv!

I even had a problem at DLH... the remote that was in the room did not work the DVD player. I just used the buttons on the DVD player, but if I had been there longer I would have asked for a new remote.

So everything shuts down including food spots when there is lightening?

Some of the places further away from the water remained open, but a lot of places closed. They could have made a killing with all the people waiting around...

Ooh what's in them?

Cream cheese and black olives. So yummy. A food from my childhood that an aunt used to make. You put the olives and cream cheese in the food processor for a few seconds, until the olives are little chunks, then spread it over the tortilla like you would any spread, and then roll the tortilla up as tight as you can without the cream cheese squeezing out the sides. And then cut the tortilla into bite sized pieces.

Love steam pictures!

I felt like it was cheating but it came out real pretty!

Wow same here! While at WoD at DLR, I was looking for a shirt for DH and saw this women in the corner of the mens section sorting through at least 15-20 tickets and trying to match all the tickets up to corresponding FP tickets. I casually said, "Wow, i'd hate to be the one in charge of all that!" and she said, "You would especially because I lost one of our entry tickets!":eek:

Oh my goodness :scared:

How pretty, I never think to ride at night!

Oh you must put that on your list, it is a totally different experience :)

I love Pocahontas!

I don't give her much of a chance, but I do love the main song. I need to watch it again.

How do gluten free items taste? Is there a drastic difference? I'm absolutely loving my Asiago bagels with cream cheese right now with OJ.

Not all of them are created equal, but I've found some really good brands. I've found the corn pasta is very good. And anything Udi brand is tasty. The breads are all better toasted. There's nothing like an asiago cheese bagel :cloud9:

Someone's trail mix loss, is their gain :thumbsup2

You're so right!

Cute photo!

I saw those and thought those were so neat! Why not keep them?! They are absolutely brilliant for AK! I wonder if they even sold a lot.

That's exactly what I thought! How cool to have a funky item like that, I hate seeing the same thing at all the places.

So how did you feel after eating that food? Or could you technically have some gluten foods just not a lot? Sorry for all the questions but i'm very interested.

I've gotten to the point that I have a reaction if I eat even a little bit now. Sometimes it can take a few hours other times it can be an immediate issue. But I did have a reaction to the wrap, sadly :( no worries about the questions, I'm happy to answer anything.

Are they currently the only park doing this? And do they have buses to all parks or just MK?

I've taken a bus from HS to MK before as well. I think they all have them.

Those horrible children made me so mad!

That's great!

I really like FP+. I might be one of the few, but it has really worked for us.

Oh heck no!

Come on! It's a giant hairy spider that lunges at you, it's so funny!!!

I know we already talked but thought i'd let you know that i've been praying for you whenever I look at Percy, especially at night. How are you doing?

Thank you so much for your prayers, I really appreciate them and know they're helping. Some days are better than others. I did go to the shelters since coming back from CA and have found a friend I hope to have home this week. He's a 7 year old American bulldog mix, and the sweetest guy ever!

Side note. I'm really mad at myself that we didn't get a picture together!!! :headache:

I completely forgot!

Paaaaaaaaaammmmm, are you back? We has SO much fun spending those days with you. Missing you already. :hug:

I'm back! No internet except my phone which makes posting difficult. I had so much fun with you guys!!! Longer trip next time if we can make it happen :)

I am finally all caught up again and by now you should be back from your Disneyland trip as well. I hope you had an amazing time.

It was a great trip! Having to go back to work in between trips was hard but very necessary. It would have been nicer to have just been off three weeks.

It was so nice to get to spend time with the two of you and the party was definitely a highlight.

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us, I had such fun :)

Not having internet access stinks.

Corinna

It does! Hopefully I'll be up and running by Saturday.

Hi Kristi :wave2: Thanks so much for coming over! :) I'm still out of internet, I'm sneaking on here at work, but I'll have internet back this weekend and be able to finish this TR.

I just got back from DL last Thursday, it was a fabulous trip, I can't promise a TR until I'm finished with this one. Universal is SO. MUCH. FUN!!! I'm so glad I finally got there. That trip was great fun too. I took Dramamine each day we did Universal because a lot of the rides are 3D and cause motion sickness with a lot of people. I can't do Star Tours at HS so knew I had to take Dramamine if I wanted to do the Universal rides, and I didn't have a problem.

When is your next trip? did you do a solo one?

I also can't do Star Tours, so if/when we decide to go to Universal, I'll definitely have to take something!
I do hope you'll do a TR of Universal!!

We're thinking about going back to WDW and maybe Universal next Fall. Daughter will be turning 21 next year, and she's wanting to go to the Food & Wine Festival! And we're hoping to finally get to Universal.

We did take a few smaller trips which included a trip back to Hilton Head and a couple of weekend trips to Atlanta.
It just didn't work out for a WDW trip this year, with so much going on.

I did want to tell you, since I haven't been on here lately, you know how my daughter was in the Dental Assisting Program? (She just graduated from the program in July)
Well, she re-enrolled back to college to work on a 2nd degree!! (Either LPN or RN, still deciding, but taking the health care pre-requisites that she'll need either way!!!)

I'm back! No internet except my phone which makes posting difficult. I had so much fun with you guys!!! Longer trip next time if we can make it happen :)

We really enjoyed your company. :hug: Longer next time for sure. Pesky kids not wanting to miss school. :lmao:

I also can't do Star Tours, so if/when we decide to go to Universal, I'll definitely have to take something!
I do hope you'll do a TR of Universal!!

You'll definitely have to take something, and it works. But you don't want to miss all those cool rides.

We're thinking about going back to WDW and maybe Universal next Fall. Daughter will be turning 21 next year, and she's wanting to go to the Food & Wine Festival! And we're hoping to finally get to Universal.

That sounds like a lot of fun!!!

We did take a few smaller trips which included a trip back to Hilton Head and a couple of weekend trips to Atlanta.
It just didn't work out for a WDW trip this year, with so much going on.

That's ok about WDW, sounds like you had some great trips :) WDW is all the sweeter when it's been a little bit. I'm probably going to be cutting back with the ticket price increases.

I did want to tell you, since I haven't been on here lately, you know how my daughter was in the Dental Assisting Program? (She just graduated from the program in July)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Well, she re-enrolled back to college to work on a 2nd degree!! (Either LPN or RN, still deciding, but taking the health care pre-requisites that she'll need either way!!!)

That's fantastic! She'll be able to do so much with that, awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter