Summer TR at BCV, the theme was RAIN! - Complete 1/23/16

Pinkocto

DIS Veteran
Hi Everybody. It’s been a while since I’ve done a TR, I think about a year now, and I felt it was time to get back in the groove.

Trip dates: July 31-August 5, 2015

My name is Pam, a self acknowledged Disney addict. I’m a nurse and when I’m not working I’m dreaming of my next vacation. I travel a lot with my mom, Jeanette. We’re very good friends, and have a joint love of everything Disney.

Mom is an event planner for our church headquarters and this trip was specifically planned for mom’s relaxation. She had a huge event in June/July in Texas. Every 5 years our church has a conference to vote on matters of importance, thousands of people from around the globe come together. Mom was in charge of all the food events. Lunch for 8,000 was a daily occurrence, plus many smaller events for special meetings. She was in Texas for 3 weeks, it was a complete success, but she needed a break. We knew it would be hot and planned on lots of time at the water parks.

On July 31 we headed off bright and early on our 6:20 Soutwest flight

It was a full moon

And at 8:30 we had arrived at MCO

This trip we were heading back to Beach Club Villas. We had been there last year before and after a Fantasy cruise and had fallen in love with the place.

While on the DME I got a text that our room was ready. What!? Amazing!!! So when we got to BCV and the CM asked if we had already received a text that our room was ready we were able to say yes with big smiles on our faces. He gave us a resort packet, asked if we knew where to go, and since we did we headed off. I was so excited I forgot to take pictures. We stopped in the Marketplace to buy some soda, and then headed right to the room.

At 10:06 we were already in our room. That was a new record. I had requested a Canal View and a large balcony and both requests were granted.

And mom saw an alligator!!!

I quickly got room pictures.

She very kindly went and got ice for my soda, and then went down to look at the alligator. I stayed and had a drink of coke and changed into some cooler clothes. It was hot as expected.

I went and found her

And looked at the alligator, he was too cool!

Back upstairs for mom to change into her bathing suit and then we were off to SAB!

Random resort pictures

We went on a hunt for some chairs, taking pictures along the way

Some nasty black clouds made an appearance

They’d leave and come back. We went in the lazy river a few times, the water was perfect.

We were getting a little chilly so went and found the hot tub. I must have left the camera behind.

These pictures don’t do this cloud formation justice, it was like a funnel of darkness coming down from the sky. It reminded of something from Ghostbusters.

We had a reservation at Beaches and Cream at 1:15 so when it started to sprinkle we headed out. We didn’t want to be going to lunch soaking wet.

And they soon closed the pool anyway because lightning was sighted

We went on a little walk to check out the YC lobby.

I loved these fish on the globe

It was a little cold with the air conditioning so we walked to B&C outside

We got there a little early but checked in anyway. We waited a few minutes and then they took us in. We had a perfect little table in the corner where we could observe the whole restaurant.

The table next to us had two kitchen sinks, I was nosy and wanted a picture

Our lovely waitress

A little history before posting food pictures. I have recently discovered I have a gluten intolerance. This was my first trip to WDW since having this knowledge. Needless to say this changes a lot of food choices… I researched what was available and was happy to find that Disney has a list of all the gluten free choices at all the restaurants. Our waitress was very nice and no issue with my special request.

I basically ordered a veggie sandwich with gluten free bread. It was delicious!

Mom had the grilled cheese and tomato bisque. She couldn’t get over how delicious the grilled cheese was. It had either 4 or 6 different cheeses.

We were full to bursting after our entrees but I had my heart set on the No Way Jose so we shared it. It was fantastic!

We waddled out of there and realized we probably wouldn’t have room to enjoy our Via Napoli dinner. I tried to cancel it online but it said I had to call. I wasn’t familiar with the new cancellation policy. If you cancel after 11pm the night before you have to pay a $10 penalty fee per person. Um, no thanks, we’ll just go and get appetizers and probably take away most of what we order…

We headed back to the villas, we wanted to go to the quiet pool for a little bit.

Yay a TR from Pam! And I made the first page too! I can't wait to try B&C for my first time on my trip in December. It looks delicious. Especially the ice cream sundae!

Yay a TR from Pam! And I made the first page too! I can't wait to try B&C for my first time on my trip in December. It looks delicious. Especially the ice cream sundae!

Hi Alison! :wave2: Thanks so much for joining me :)

That sundae was soooo good!!! popcorn::

I'm in! I was so pleased Mom's conference went well. I had the pleasure of meeting Mom at Vero earlier in the year. Lovely lady as is my wonderful friend Pam!

How cool getting a room before midday! BCV is just a beautiful resort. Those are lovely photos. What perfect room. I enjoyed looking at the bathroom, having a wetroom I forgot what they look like!

That gator! Nice shirt Mom!

That really does look like a Ghostbusters scene you are right. I love the lobby at Yatch Club too. My parents had those fish on their taps ( faucets ) in their bathroom when we were growing up! Too cool.

Now Beaches and Cream yum. This looks amazeballs. Looking forward to reading more.

Checking in. It is so nice to see another one of your trip reports.

I can understand that your mom needed a rest after this. That is amazing that your room was ready so early and your view was stunning to boot. I am surprised that they leave an alligator so close to the guest areas.

Lunch looked amazing. One of those days I really need to make it to Beaches and Cream. The clouds looked very impressive and I have to admit, the title of your trip report has me a little worried.

Corinna

I'm in! I was so pleased Mom's conference went well. I had the pleasure of meeting Mom at Vero earlier in the year. Lovely lady as is my wonderful friend Pam!

How cool getting a room before midday! BCV is just a beautiful resort. Those are lovely photos. What perfect room. I enjoyed looking at the bathroom, having a wetroom I forgot what they look like!

That gator! Nice shirt Mom!

That really does look like a Ghostbusters scene you are right. I love the lobby at Yatch Club too. My parents had those fish on their taps ( faucets ) in their bathroom when we were growing up! Too cool.

Now Beaches and Cream yum. This looks amazeballs. Looking forward to reading more.

Hi lady! Thanks for joining me :)

Oh my goodness, those fish on faucets? I would LOVE that!!!

We stopped and looked for that gator every time we passed the canal, he was so cool.

Checking in. It is so nice to see another one of your trip reports.

I can understand that your mom needed a rest after this. That is amazing that your room was ready so early and your view was stunning to boot. I am surprised that they leave an alligator so close to the guest areas.

Lunch looked amazing. One of those days I really need to make it to Beaches and Cream. The clouds looked very impressive and I have to admit, the title of your trip report has me a little worried.

Corinna

Hi Corinna :) thanks so much for joining me!

I was also surprised about leaving the alligator that close to guests. We judged him to be about four feet long.

Weren't you planning on going to Beaches and Cream on your upcoming trip? I was alerted to the No Way Jose from you talking about it, I thought.

We still had a fabulous vacation despite all the rain we encountered. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Weren't you planning on going to Beaches and Cream on your upcoming trip?

I was when I thought this part of the trip would also be a solo trip. However, with Graham now joining me for most of it, I cancelled all my ADRs apart from lunch at Be Our Guest.

Corinna

Thank you for the head's up! :hug: And look at your thin face. I cannot wait to see you in just over 30 days!!!!

Ah shucks :blush: I was hoping someone would notice :teeth:

II noticed but was reserving comment until I could see a more definitive picture. While I thought you looked thinner, it was not completely clear from such a limited shot. :flower3:

II noticed but was reserving comment until I could see a more definitive picture. While I thought you looked thinner, it was not completely clear from such a limited shot. :flower3:

Thank you very much :goodvibes I've been working hard and it's slowly but surely coming off.

I left off with us heading to the room after our delicious Beaches and Cream lunch.
We stopped and looked at the turtles and alligator. Someone had thrown a cracker that landed right on the alligators back. A turtle quickly scrambled right on his back to grab that cracker! No fear.

We watched the animals for a bit more and then headed up to the room.

I’ve heard talk of the super long hallways at BWV but we encountered quite a long hallway
at BCV.

After that first day we always walked outside, our room was at the very end of the building so we walked up and down the exit stairs.

Our bags had arrived when we got to the room so we spent a few minutes unpacking. I had brought some foodstuffs in coolers so got all that in the fridge. Gluten free bagels and bread, cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, and honey to make bagels and sandwiches, and all sorts of snacks as well. It was very helpful to have ‘safe’ things with us.

After unpacking we headed down to the quiet pool for a couple hours. I failed to take any pictures while down there, but mom took a little nap and I caught up in my journal. It was nice and toasty so after finishing in the journal I went in the pool. Despite the heat mom went in the hot tub. We had a FP for Soarin at 7:30 so at 6:00 we left the pool. First stop before going up to the room was to go to the Marketplace to get a movie for later. We decided on The Rocketeer. Then up to the room to get ready. At 6:50 we headed to Epcot.

I had to stop at the IG and activate my new PAP. That took no time at all and then we were off to Soarin.

At exactly 7:30 we scanned our MBs and were in!

Mom commented on the walk in that she’d love to have the first row. Well who wouldn’t love to have the first row. Well wouldn’t you know we got the first row!!! Perfect first ride of the trip. :cloud9:

We almost stopped at LWTL but when we estimated how long it might take to walk to Italy we headed out.

We wandered in the Germany toy shop for a bit but found nothing that we couldn’t live without, that is always helpful to the wallet. We also stopped in Karamel Kuche but the line wasn’t moving at all so we headed out.

We checked in for our ADR at 8:27 and waited about ten minutes.

Now each time we’ve eaten here, 3 times I think, we’ve sat in the exact same area. I said to mom that I hoped we’d be seeing a different part of the restaurant. We were not so lucky, back to the exact same area as before…

A few from our side area

This was a meal I was very excited about, until I noticed there are very few gluten free options. I decided not to note it on the reservation because I’ve read they take intolerances as serious as allergies. I wanted the option to maybe have an offending item and suffer the consequences.

Mom started with the Tiramisu which she said was AMAZING!

I had a salad, not as exciting but the cheese was very good.

We shared the fried vegetables, which I knew weren’t safe for me but I wanted to eat them. And they were fantastic as usual

And we ordered a small white pizza with artichokes pizza for mom. This pizza is out of this world delicious! I decided to just have some cheese off one slice, and we took half the pizza home with us.

It was a fabulous meal as always and we were happy we hadn’t cancelled even though we were not as hungry as usual. Even though it was EMH until 11:00 we headed back to the resort.

I thought of MEK when I saw this lighting

Epcot is so pretty at night

And on the bridge in France we saw some fireworks that had to be happening over at HS. Not a great view but it was fun to watch.

We took the little walkway under the bridge, this is much easier than the hill after a long day!

And back up to the room where we got ready for bed and fell asleep watching Rocketeer. It was a great first day of vacation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!