Summer stuff at Target 75% off this morning!

We stopped by a Target yesterday (Sunday) and it was still 50% off, so we went back this morning and hit pay dirt!! We bought coolers, canopies, air mattresses, pool floats, towels sleeping bags, lanterns hammocks, and I don't even know what else. We ended up spending $135 including tax. Nothing we acually need right now, but when we leave for camping soon my last minute shopping list will be shorter and cheaper! Plus our son now has cub scout trips planned for the summer and we are ready!!! Took my friend and she cleaned up too. There were about five people in the aisle and we couldn't fill our carts fast enough. At the checkout I decided to run back and grab another air mattress and the checker had me grab her one too.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

My son and I drove 40 minutes to our closest target yesterday and I was glad I did. I got two twin size air mattresses for 4. each and a queen size for 4.49 I got a camping chair for 4. a four person tent for the boys for 14. and best of all a red cooler which was regular price 29.99 for 1.87!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Our closest Targets are 40,50,and 60 minutes away. Too late to probably go looking now. When I was there at 50% off, there were 2 clerks moving things around. They were saying the area where the patio stuff is will be all back-to-school within 30 days from now. (well that was last week). So, I'm thinking that it's gotta be soon they'll start marking it down (I'm waiting too). It is funny hearing that because our elementary school's still have 2 more days left, and ds (jr high) has only been out a week.

I managed to pick up the colorful patio chairs with the ottoman for $3.29 each and a battery powered air pump for the queen blow up mattress for $4.20. I was really hoping for the lantern and the hammock but they were gone!!

When I went on Sunday, the Target I went to already had all their school stuff out.

Well I couldn't resist checking it out--- so I justified the trip w/ purchasing things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap-- all the stuff we need for our trip next month.

Ours is 75% off- and must of went either Sunday or Monday. There was just a tiny section of stuff left (I was there the first day it went 50% and there was 3 aisles then). I didn't get anything. They had at least 200 of those air pumps left. They also had a ton of the plastic cups in the dispenser for $4.99 (before discount). They had a small variety of dishes and that was it. I say they'll still have cups and air pumps left for the 90% off sale.

Ours now had jumbo boxes of food and cleaning supplies in the area the stuff was previously. I am going to be watching like a hawk though for the patio stuff to start getting marked down. I think a lot will go quickly though even at the 30% and I really want to hold out for 50%.

Yensid MD-
Did you get the charcoal table top grill that was originally 19.99? That's the one I picked up and got it for 4.24! Nice deal!

SRUAlmn said:
Well, it's official. I talked to a cashier at my local Target yesterday and she confirmed my fears! I asked her when the summer items would go on clearance and she looked at me like I had 4 heads and said not until the fall. I think it's so weird that all these stores are at 75% off and it's not even officially summer yet. I told her that other stores were at 75% already and she confirmed my thought that since we're a beach town it won't happen until at least August. She may not really 'know' for sure, but I'm betting that's accurate since nothing is even on sale yet, let alone clearanced.

There weren't any markdowns at my store either. Well, if there was it was a very fast markdown and by Monday morning they had cleared out the sale section and restocked it with bulk foods :confused3 .

Kellydelly said:
There weren't any markdowns at my store either. Well, if there was it was a very fast markdown and by Monday morning they had cleared out the sale section and restocked it with bulk foods :confused3 .

Keep checking because I had to go today to get some bath stuff, and happened to check the section. They had taken all the summer stuff from 3 aisles and piled it into one and marked it down 75%, there was no progression from 30% to 50% to 75%. It was pretty picked over when I got there around 1:00, and since I live in a condo with no private yard I couldn't use most of the things, but I got a ton of stuff for school and some cute summery dishes that were like 70 cents!! So don't give up and keep checking! Obviously the cashier at my store didn't know what she was talking about ;)

Went today and it was 90% off. :woohoo: I picked up some candles for .69 a piece, some placemats for .09 a piece and napkins in a box for .49.

My BEST find though was the hard top luggage normally $59.99 and it rang up $3.14!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: party: I could tell it was a return, but that did not make a difference to my two boys who wheeled it around the store. I don't think they made any profit on that one.

Has anybody seen any of the dollar spot stuff marked down yet? I'm hoping to catch the golf themed stuff for a quarter each.

I read on another thread that in CO the patio stuff went to 75% off on Tuesday.

princessmomma said:
Everything is still full price here! I just called.
I can't believe how inconsistant Target clearance has been for summer this year.

Our patio stuff is not marked down. The Random Acts of Summer line was 90% yesterday all of it was in half an end cap! They did have Disney Beach Towels (including Cars) for $4.98.

I went to 2 target's today, and they were cleaned out, they had nada!! :( Patio stuff wasn't on sale either. I want to get one of those rubbermaid storage boxes. They were on sale for 49.99. I will wait.

Pooh_Friend#1 said:
I read on another thread that in CO the patio stuff went to 75% off on Tuesday.

Where??? I went last night and there's nothing marked down at all. :guilty:

As of 2 days ago no patio stuff was marked down in our area at all yet. I highly doubt they'll jump right to 75% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter