• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Fling at the Poly (Aug 2006)THE REPORT:update Oct 11th

Whoopee another meet!! I'll sort soemthing out don't you worry :thumbsup2

just catching up with your report
looking forward to hearing more

and yes it is lovely to go without the kids some times

Hi

I have found your trip report. Poly sounds lovely. I would love to stay here, but Bruce feels we should wait until the kids are older so we can make use of the facilities etc..

Fab report - can't believe I've not seen it before! :thumbsup2 I was at the Poly this August (tho' not with just my DH which would've been wonderful) :lovestruc and it was gorgeous! I love getting the boat across to MK and hearing very faintly the Main Street music... :cloud9:

Have uploaded my photos so you can at least see those while i think about adding to my report :confused3

claire's summer fling album

Hope you enjoy them, just click on poly summer fling, for some reason I think its trying to show them backwards on the slideshow, but it will give you an idea of what I got up to,

Hi

Great pics Claire. Looks like you had a great time.

Thanks just had a look at your photos
they are great thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all your encouraging replies, for some reason I have been putting off adding to this, I think because I know the detail I tend to go into and I know I don't have time to write an epic, but I am gonna give it another shot. When I left you last we had just seen Philarmagic and I was in love with that disney fuzzy feeling. So lets get on with the show:

So where to next? If you know fantasyland well, then you will know that the next thing round is either Peter Pan (which wasn't happening tonight at a 60 min wait) or Its A Small World :teeth: The grin is because there is nothing James hates more in this world than that little ride. However it has always been a test of his love whether he will get on that boat with me. I gave him my best puppy-dog pout, muttered about the rehab job and wouldn't it look lovely now...I got my way! Sadly I got bored about half way round, not that I'll ever admit this to James, but I think this one is for the kids from now on.
Haunted Mansion next and I will say I was spooked out going into the ride in the dark, the CM didn't help with her creepy stare, and I looked up in the stretching room to see the hanging body, yes it was so warm and fuzzy in there.
We came out to the sound of the Spectro parade. Now I dearly love all and any parades and James just can't be bothered with them, so he wasn't in the mood to catch a glimpse :Pinkbounc Then I saw something to cheer me up: Splash Mountain. Its my fav ride in the whole of WDW, it has cute characters, sing along music, long length, lots of thrills and suprises, and I get wet! No I will never grow up. There wasn't really a line and we got front row :cheer2: You all know why I'm cheering don't you? I got soaked right through :woohoo: It was spectacular in the dark to see out over the park, the castle and Spectro working its way round.
So the soggy Spencers came off just in time for Wishes. I hadn't intended to watch this tonight so it was a treat to hear and see it. We had a lovely stroll along the banks of the River of America with fireworks going off all the way to Liberty Square, where we sat by the stocks and watched them go practically over our heads....or so I thought until we moved round to Fantasyland, now this really was over our heads. It was absolutely incredible to be that close, they were huge, the music was building and I was standing right in the heart of it by the Dumbo ride. I could see everything lit up so bright it might as well have been day. Of course it was too much for me, the music, the effects, where I was, not enough sleep, supreme happiness, and I cried total tears of joy, I don't know if I'll ever feel so "disneyed" again as I did at that moment.
Its now around 10:15 and I'm still not ready to go to the hotel. Yes I was a child...please just one more ride...please? Well we did have those FP, so on we hopped to Space Mtn. What an awesome way to finish the day, and boy was it long, I was up for 26 hours but right then I just didn't care, I could have danced all night on excitement. My Poly pillow did feel good that night though.

There you have it, I actually finished 1 day of 7. Lets see if I can keep this going, thanks for reading,

Great Trippie :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your holiday

Yes please keep it coming
:wizard:

Really enjoying your report, Claire, thanks for keeping it going. I get scared going on Haunted Mansion in the dark too, some of those CMs are especially scary!!

ArielJasmine princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter