Summer Discounts = Complete Obsession

Momofonelittlemickey

Earning My Ears
I have a complete obsession with finding a summer discount.
I called, once again, today to find out if anyone had an inside scoop, clue, or idea.
The lady I spoke with shared that she DID NOT think there were going to be June, July, Early-August discounts because of how many people were booking disney vacations.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

That was the craziest thing I have ever heard. I did receive a pin code, but it is for all of the dates outside of our travel window in June.
She kept referring to us as "Preferred Disney Guests", and that if there was a discount, we would have received it already.

Needless to say, I completed the survey at the end of the call. My day is not feeling so magical.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

summer months arent good discount periods. everyone is out of school and resorts are pretty full. no need for discounts.

Id like to have a discount for may but realistically disney has no need to discount all the rooms all yr long.....when the economy is in the tank and no one is traveling, yes there will be discounts. BUT as more out of country travelers are getting more for their dollar, wdw sees an increase of foreign travelers. Negating the need for large discounts and free dining to fill rooms.

I have a complete obsession with finding a summer discount.
I called, once again, today to find out if anyone had an inside scoop, clue, or idea.
The lady I spoke with shared that she DID NOT think there were going to be June, July, Early-August discounts because of how many people were booking disney vacations.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

That was the craziest thing I have ever heard. I did receive a pin code, but it is for all of the dates outside of our travel window in June.
She kept referring to us as "Preferred Disney Guests", and that if there was a discount, we would have received it already.

Needless to say, I completed the survey at the end of the call. My day is not feeling so magical.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

We go to WDW in the Summer. Book with discounts (or PIN if lucky). Have been discounts every Summer for several years. Here is a link to Mousesavers historical for a guide of when the discounts have occured in past years--including Summer 2012.:goodvibes

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

They have said that every year as long as I can remember and yet I have had a very good discount for each of our June trips since we started taking them. I swear they just say it so you will book a trip right then and there.

That being said, I personally don't think we will see summer discounts until after the 1st of the year.

In July 2010, I had a 40% off discount.

In May 2011, I had a 35% off discount

This past May / June 2012, I had a 30% off discount.

Fingers crossed for another one for May / June 2013!!!

In July, 2010 and July, 2011 our family has had "free dining". We are again hoping for that same discount for our July, 2013 trip. I will wait for a discount before I book, though.

The waiting is really hard for me, too. Last year we had free dining in June. I just called and no pins for me and none for my mom either. All the CM said was to check back after Dec. 31st.
We will stay at AOA in LM rooms if there is no discount. I hate to book them this early. I'm always afraid I won't get a pin code if I do.

I called today and had a room only pin good through sept 2013. My trip is book for feb with the Disney visa discount so no need for room only.

Linda T. said:
In July, 2010 and July, 2011 our family has had "free dining". We are again hoping for that same discount for our July, 2013 trip. I will wait for a discount before I book, though.

When in July have u gone that u got free dining? I'm going July 12-19

We went the middle of July in 2010 and 2011. We are going July 13th thru July 20th this year but I have not booked our vacation yet. And yes, I am still hoping for that magical pin code for July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter