Summer dining review with plenty of pics

Your descriptions of your dining experiences and the photos have really made me even more anxious for September 14th to get here!!:yay::mickeyjum Thanks so much for taking your time to share with all of us. :flower1:

Great reviews, chef mickey's looks good, we have a lunch adr at the end of august and I hope it is good, the dinner looks yummy!

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post. :smickey:

I love your review so far! My husband and I both have Celiac and will be eating at some of the same restraunts you guys went to in Sept. I would love to hear more about what your niece was able to eat, if you dont mind and have the time. Thanks so much! Great pics!!!

Please post your dining reviews when you return. I"m planning a trip and taking my mom who has celiac. I'd love to read about where you eat and what you eat. I'd love to know about your food options at restaurants. Thanks!

Great review and thanks for sharing!

I have a question. Since you got to do both Playhouse Disney Play and Dine and Crystal Palace breakfast, if you had to choose one, which one would you do?

I have both scheduled and was thinking about changing one to lunch or dinner. I was thinking two breakfast might be too much.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for the thorough reviews. We are going to many of the same places and your descriptions and pictures have helped a great deal!

Loving your reviewing style and your pictures! Darnit... I'm totally starving now! :teeth:

Hi everyone, I'm the wife of SteelersFan. I DID like the chicken sandwich at Tusker House, I told him but he couldn't hear because it was crowded in there. If you all thought my plate was piled high, it is because I only got to go to the buffets once or twice compared to his 2-3 or more times. See, I went thru and got our DD's plate then went back for my own - making sure to not miss any pictures or skip any autographs.
I would say that we will do Playhouse Disney breakfast again for sure, as long as DD continues to like it, but he & I always have done the Crystal Palace breakfast. You don't need to have a kid to enjoy good food, and that place has good food - and it has gotten better since we went in 2001. We had 3 breakfasts booked this time and I think we would do all of them again because they all were good food. Plus you were full most of the day so you could get away with not eating again until 5 or 6 PM. Even DD didn't ask for food thru the day - we made sure she always drank her fluids since she sweats as much as her Daddy.
In my opinion, we will skip Whispering Canyon and Sci-Fi next trip. They seem to be lacking what they used to have on the previous trips. I'm glad I found Earl of Sandwich, FYI the last 1 1/2-inches of that sandwich was mostly horseradish sauce (which I don't like but was giving it a shot) and that is why it was hot, and we will be sure to do that one again!!
Glad to see that you all liked his report and appreciated him taking pix of our food before we could eat it.

awesome reviews and photos!!!

while i agree w/what you said about the guests at chef mickey's (worse than any other buffet... i wonder why?), the CHEF there (allan) is the BEST!!! (my son has food allergies also)

i love ALL your reviews! so many are the places we are planning to eat... thanks for the info about norway breakfast, we're really looking forward to that! and my son is a BIG Fan of LIberty cafe at epcot too! :)

thanks again :)

Great review and thanks for sharing!

I have a question. Since you got to do both Playhouse Disney Play and Dine and Crystal Palace breakfast, if you had to choose one, which one would you do?

I have both scheduled and was thinking about changing one to lunch or dinner. I was thinking two breakfast might be too much.

Any suggestions?

That is a tough question. I would have to base it on who your kids like more, Pooh and friends or JoJo and the Playhouse Disney gang.

If that isn't a consideration, I'd probably go with Crystal Palace only because it might have been a fluke that the Play-N-Dine was so empty.

You really can't go wrong at either place. The food was equally good. Like my wife posted a little earlier, we have eaten at the Crystal Palace our 3 other trips and were never disappointed.

It would be interesting to see if anybody else ate at Play-N-Dine with a later (10:30) reservation and found it to be as peaceful as we did.

awesome reviews and photos!!!

while i agree w/what you said about the guests at chef mickey's (worse than any other buffet... i wonder why?), the CHEF there (allan) is the BEST!!! (my son has food allergies also)

i love ALL your reviews! so many are the places we are planning to eat... thanks for the info about norway breakfast, we're really looking forward to that! and my son is a BIG Fan of LIberty cafe at epcot too! :)

thanks again :)

That Liberty Inn is underrated. I recommend it to everyone who goes.

Were the raviolis at Chef Mickey's "Mickey" shaped? It sort of looks like they are, but I can't tell for sure. It would be cute if they were!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Kroger grocery store carries the "Mickey shaped raviolis". I don't know if you have one in your area, but they do have them. They also have hamburgers shaped like Mickey!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter