Suggestions please

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
My daughter is coming to Orlando for a business trip. Suggestions on where to have 2 dinner and one lunch. I am thinking Bomba, Melting Pot and maybe Jungle Jims. What about Cheesecake Factory? I have never been to any of these places.

She does not want to go to a park this trip.

Will have to bring my DH, me, older daughter and 11 year old grandson who always orders the most expensive thing on the menu and plenty of it. Living on retirement income so hugely expensive places are out.

Thanks very much.

Since it's your daughter's business trip, maybe she could pay. :)

How about Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney?

Does your grandson live in Orlando? (In other words, has he been to every restaurant around, or will this be exciting for him?)

There's a coupon for Jungle Jim's at www.couponsalacarte.com for a fee appetizer with any 2 entrees which might help keep the spending down. Jungle Jim's has their menu on the web. We really liked JJ, but I would split a burger with my dh next time unless he was ravenous.

Don't be afraid to speak up if your dgs is too free and easy with your money. As your daughter is an adult, and I presume her son is the one ordering expensive items, you could just tell her you need to consider cost in picking a restaurant and ask if she could help direct her son's selection or if she'd rather you did that. My in-laws, who have taken my kids out to eat more times than I can count, would simply voice their concern if one of my kids headed for the most expensive thing on the menu and more than he needed. Neither I nor my in-laws would allow that inconsideration for the host's budget. I'd have no problem with grandpa telling my son that while he wants him to have a meal he likes that today we're just having sandwiches or burgers not splurging on steaks or more expensive meals because we do watch what we spend. It's good for a kid to understand that people have spending limits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter