Suggestions on what to do FIRST.

Cuchman

Mouseketeer
HI folks,
First let me say how incredibly helpful everyone has been with all of my questions. :-)
I have a poorly defined question about what to do with our first half day.

We will arrive about noon and check in at Cabana Bay....or at least drop off our bags. During our trip, we want to see everything but are primarily Potter fans. We will have a total of three and a half days (this being the half day we are talking about).
Everything I'm reading says to do Hogsmead first as Diagon Alley is more impressive.
Should I head straight to Hogsmead that time of day? I am assuming crowds will be moderately brisk at that time of day and I'm not sure about getting on rides.
My plan was to hit Hogsmead for the early hours the next morning for some low crowds....and probably be at rope drop for diagon alley the next morning. Then just winging it the others so days based on what we missed or wanted to see again.
That's about as much as I have planned and I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks all!

We did a 4 day trip to Universal. On our first partial day, we hit up Diagon Alley. Or you could do Hogsmeade. There is SO much to see and take in. It gave us a great lay of the land and the next morning we were up early and ready to go.

Even though I love Diagon Alley, for *me* there's something indescribable about that first view of Hogsmeade as you come around the bend from Lost Continent.

But... I know a lot of people suggest doing Diagon Alley first and sort of replicating Harry's journey. He saw Diagon Alley before he'd ever even heard of Hogsmeade. :-) Probably, if I hadn't visited (for the first time) before Diagon Alley opened, I'd have done exactly this.

You really can't go wrong either way!

Even though I love Diagon Alley, for *me* there's something indescribable about that first view of Hogsmeade as you come around the bend from Lost Continent.

But... I know a lot of people suggest doing Diagon Alley first and sort of replicating Harry's journey. He saw Diagon Alley before he'd ever even heard of Hogsmeade. :-) Probably, if I hadn't visited (for the first time) before Diagon Alley opened, I'd have done exactly this.

You really can't go wrong either way!

I think if you never have been doing DA first and riding HE over to IOA is really the best experience. Between the sights, sounds, and whole experience.

HI folks,
First let me say how incredibly helpful everyone has been with all of my questions. :-)
I have a poorly defined question about what to do with our first half day.

We will arrive about noon and check in at Cabana Bay....or at least drop off our bags. During our trip, we want to see everything but are primarily Potter fans. We will have a total of three and a half days (this being the half day we are talking about).
Everything I'm reading says to do Hogsmead first as Diagon Alley is more impressive.
Should I head straight to Hogsmead that time of day? I am assuming crowds will be moderately brisk at that time of day and I'm not sure about getting on rides.
My plan was to hit Hogsmead for the early hours the next morning for some low crowds....and probably be at rope drop for diagon alley the next morning. Then just winging it the others so days based on what we missed or wanted to see again.
That's about as much as I have planned and I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks all!

I would head to either Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley towards the last two hours of the park. It is considerably less crowded and the wait times drop. I also found it to be much less crowded to get dinner at Three Broomsticks or the Leaky Cauldron rather than lunch. Universal also has an app and you can set wait time alerts within the app so you will get notifications when an attraction wait time hits a set time you enter!

Enjoy your trip!

The only thing I'd add is, since you're staying at Cabana Bay and not getting Express Passes, you'll want to hit Despicable Me early at least one of the days. Also, if you're family has someone the right size, you'll want to hit Pteranodon Flyers first thing. Those 2 rides are typically the longest lines in their respective parks, even longer than the HP rides.

Lastly, try and hit both parks after dark. Both HP areas (and the entire parks) are beautiful after dark and the parks seem to clear out about dinner time so you'll have shorter lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter