Suggestions for slightly older "ladies" with no children

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by PJB71, Feb 9, 2013.

1. PJB71

PJB71 DIS Veteran

Hi all

As the thread suggests my DSIL is looking to visit Florida for a month over December&January with 3of her friends all who have no children.

She has asked me for some advise but As for the last 15 years our holiday has always been planned around our DD's I'm a little flummoxed as to what to suggest:confused3

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Hello there, you might need to work out things like will they have a hire car or be using other transportation? There are lots if things to see do and participate in Florida not just theme parks (fun for all ages any way lots of show it's not all thrill rides) ther are plenty of museums and art galleries and antique fair and shops and gardens and unusual old homes and quaint towns and cowboy ranches and riding stables. Maybe get a look at some Florida guide books for some ideas to discuss and go from there. Most good book stores stock them. You might need to ask where they will be staying too to work out how far they feel comfortable travelling once they get away for the day. Good Luck.

4. scoobydooby

scoobydooby Dreaming of next Disney trip

Behind the seeds tour at Epcot and Keys to the World Tour at MK maybe? How about the tea at the Grand Floridian, that sounds like it would be fun for four more mature ladies together. A spa session at one of the spa hotels?

5. juliebro

juliebro <font color=green>Has been visited<br><font color=

How adventurous are they?

DH and I go on our own these days - but still love the thrill rides and like to pack in lots of experiences every trip. As well as the parks, we've done jazz festivals, ridealong in a NASCAR, jetskiing, plus much much more.

I've done some live trip reports which might have some ideas for you - but it depends more on their sense of adventure than their age, I would suggest.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but