Suggestions for little brother while rider swapping Expedition Everest?

Stacymarie1216

Mouseketeer
Our little guy (who will be just barely 3 on our trip) is *so* excited to ride on "the yeti ride". He's watched youtube videos constantly and is looking forward to it so much.

Only I just checked the height requirement and he's only 40" tall :/. Plus I think it will actually be too scary for him in real life.

So we'll have to rider swap it with our daughter. I know he will be so disappointed (aka - throw a crazy fit because he's only 3 :) ) when he can't ride. Does anyone know of anything fun we could do with him nearby while we wait?

depending on the time, the bird show - flights of something
wilderness explorers have a few stops around there
there is a wildlife trail/trek
the old standby - ice cream

There is a dumbo type ride in Dinoland which isn't that far either. It's triceratops spin, maybe? The boneyard (a playground) is over there, too. Beware, when my kids were that little, I could not get them out of the boneyard they liked it so much.

There's not a ton of alternatives for the little ones in AK unfortunately. There's a dumbo like ride in Dinoland and the Maharajah Jungle Trek nearby too, but we always do these as a family. We usually end up browsing the gift shop (get him a stuffed yeti perhaps) and treating the youngest to ice cream while we wait.

I was just in the same boat in March with my 3 yr old. I bought him ice cream from the truck on the way from Kali River Rapids, and we watched all the riders come down EE. After seeing the 3rd or 4th car full of screaming riders, he became a little unnerved. I decided I'd better find some other distraction or else he might be turned off from the ride for life! I let him play on the rocks near the gift shop. Fortunately, we only had to wait 15-20 mins for DH and DD. It was later in the day, so the line was short. You could also go check out the Dinosaur Dig. Both my kids love that. Good luck!

I would try to prepare him now, before you are standing in front of the ride, so there is no surprise. My 3 (will be 4 yo) already knows that there are certain rides he isn't tall enough for and I emphasize that these are scary (which makes him okay that he can't ride). You are more likely to deal with a meltdown if not riding is a surprise (at least that's what I have found with my boys).

Mine loved just watching the trains come down. It usually goes really fast through the fast pass line so it wasn't a long wait for the others to get done riding. If the monkey's are out, we sometimes will go watch those as they are pretty entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!